Talisman Energy Inc

Talisman Energy Inc Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Talisman is a large multinational oil company based in Calgary.
Senior Regional Geologist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2015
I worked for Talisman in Sudan after they bought out State Petroleum Corporation. The project in Sudan was a JV between CNODC, Petronas, SUDAPET and Talisman and each company contributed personnel to the project.

Talisman is no longer a JV parter in this project; their WI was bought out by an Indian oil company several years ago.
Talisman Energy - Long ago ...
Secretary (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 13, 2014
Pros: great management teams, wonderful corporate culture, growing company
It was BP Canada when I started, David Clayton as President, then James Buckee. Talisman was an exciting fast moving company full of opportunity for a young woman with lots of enthusiasm and energy. I did very well with Talisman and worked with some of the nicest people in the industry. It was a wonderful opportunity - beginning at reception as entry level and working up to Geology and Engineering departments supporting management and professionals. Such a pleasure to work with many exciting projects and good people.
Productive, clean, quiet, friendly work environment.
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: free refreshments
A typical day at work is an 8 hour work period in a confortable, welcoming and friendly environment where staff in extremely helpful in answering any questions, concerns or explanations that I have had/needed.

Management is also extremely helpful as they keep their doors open and encourage any questions that I may have to be brought to their attention.
Good place to learn a lot about Supply Chain
CO-OP Student (Former Employee), Edson ABDecember 22, 2013
Great place to learn;
location was desirable;
good work culture
Good place to start
Supplier Coordinator and Contracts Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaDecember 9, 2013
Talisman gave me the chance to work for them when I was a new comer in Canada, therefore I am grateful. I learned to use SAP and other tools. Talisman is great in training the workforce.
My co-workers were wonderful as people, however it was hard to work as a real team given that better directives were required from top management. The company needs to build a stronger SCM team and focus more on how contract processes.
lots of advancement
Senior Tradesman (Former Employee), Chauvin, ABFebruary 24, 2013
my time in the area was great. lots of great people to work with..
Awesome comapny
Geology Intern, Subsurface Innovations (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaFebruary 20, 2013
Great company and awesome office in Calgary, really enjoyed my summer there!
Great Team Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, Alberta, CanadaAugust 15, 2012
Pros: team spirit
Cons: not the best for salary and benefits
Talisman Energy is a great place to work, full of committed people who enjoy working within a team environment.
Nice place to work
Desktop Analyst (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 22, 2012
Pros: good friendly environment to work.
Cons: all the cons of contract employment.
Overall good experience. Good friendly team of dedicated professionals.