The successful candidate will become a member of Talisman’s Legal Department supporting a variety of administrative functions. The Legal Department is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta and houses a broad base of specialized lawyers with expertise in a variety of practice areas designed to address Talisman’s legal and business needs.
The successful candidate will provide administrative and secretarial support to both the Vice President Legal, IOW and the Head of Legal, IOE. The candidate will also be expected to provide occasional support to other legal counsel in the Legal Department’s International New Ventures’ Group and work cooperatively on various initiatives with other administrators and assistants in the Legal Department.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparing confidential legal documentation, including various types of legal agreements, notarial certificates, memoranda, letters and other correspondence, presentations and legal retainers;
- File management, including opening and closing of legal files within the Hummingbird Document Management System, preparation of briefing notes and maintaining electronic and physical files by organizing agreements, correspondence and other materials on an ongoing basis;
- Tracking deadlines and scheduling numerous meetings and appointments, including the coordination and set up of telephone and video conferences;
- Coordinating International Travel requests (including assistance in obtaining required entry Visas from applicable embassies or consulates and arranging accommodations and ground transportation);
- Maintenance of department billing and invoicing records, including reviewing and coding invoices, expense claims and cheque requisitions;
- Assist with the preparation, reconciliation and administration of the Legal Department’s budgets and quarterly accruals; and
- Other general administrative tasks and special projects as required, including assistance with Talisman’s Annual General Meeting and relief coverage for other Assistants in the Legal Department.
- A Legal Assistant diploma or certificate (equivalencies will be considered);
- At least 5+ years of administrative or secretarial experience is preferred;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Sharepoint, Adobe Professional and document management systems are essential;
- Experience dealing with Hummingbird Document Management system and SAP Accounting systems is an asset; and
- Prior experience providing assistance in oil and gas transactional work.
- Dynamic and Professional Administrative, Oil and Gas or Legal Assistant looking for exposure to a broad range of legal and administrative matters;
- Effective team player, with a proven ability to perform well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Self motivated with ability to work independently;
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of individuals including executives, management, and subject matter experts and
- High ethical standards and an ability to deal effectively and professionally with confidential personal and business information.
Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in Canada will be considered.
Relocation will be provided for the successful candidates if required.
If you are interested in this rewarding opportunity, please apply at www.talisman-energy.com/careers by May 9, 2012 quoting Requisition ID 7423.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.
Indeed - 2 years ago