Role: Oversee the Sport Partner training schedules & build relationships with coaches, clubs and their executive team. The Sport Partner Training Coordinator is the lead person responsible for ensuring our sport partners have a seamless experience during their training. You are responsible to provide a world class experience through accuracy in the clubs training times, communication to Talisman Centre employees & coaches, updating our policies & procedures to be customer focused and working with the sport groups to understand their needs & expectations and making every effort to deliver on them.
Hours: Daytime hours, typically between 10 am – 6 pm
Some weekend hours to assist with events
Reports to: Sport Services Manager
- Clerical and facility operational responsibilities such as, facility bookings, answering telephone and email inquiries, maintain correspondence with customers, administer rentals into the CLASS system, and collection of payment.
- Complete the daily/monthly invoicing as required and ensure accuracy of individual contracts specific to the sport partners & events you oversee.
- Work with the Sport Services Manager on Sport Partner meetings, packages, access cards and communications.
- Act as a key information source by providing the Sport Services Manager with customer feedback, system enhancements, training and development needs, ideas for rewards and recognition, new programs/services and on-going quality improvement.
- Establish solid working relationships within the team and other departments to ensure a cohesive working environment.
- Assist the Sport Services Manager in regards to development, implementation of sport partner policies, procedures and standards.
- Assist with competition & event timing if needed due to absence of the timing technician and Competition & Events Coordinator.
- Assist with the optimizing and maintaining of the existing CLASS system including troubleshooting, employee training and statistical reporting to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness.
Budget / Financial:
- Review reports and expenditures from previous month/fiscal year with Sport Services Manager
- Propose and implement improvements to prepare the training space (gyms, pools, track) budget estimates for the budget process.
- Ensure that the event areas of responsibility are performed within budget and assist with the development and monitoring of program financials, budget, statistical reports, & research for all training spaces.
- Facilitate benchmarking on space rates & fees (non-competition) for gyms, track & pools and provide a pricing recommendation yearly to the Sport Services Manager.
Sales, Marketing & Communication:
- Actively communicate with both internal and external customers on space changes, service changes and new initiatives.
- Attend promotional opportunities as needed to run the Talisman Centre booth
- Assist Sport Services Manager with the delivery of specific communications around price increases, program changes and new initiatives.
- Communicate with clubs and follow-up on club needs and requests. Identify key areas of service and program enhancement.
- Report accident and incident reports to the HSE Coordinator.
- Assist with events as assigned by Sport Services Manager.
- Provide cancellation notices to any sport partners affected by a special event.
- Assist Sport Services Manager with Sport Partner Week.
- Monitor evaluation forms, surveys & comment cards by following up and tracking customer feedback in a timely manner for areas including the track, gyms, pools as it pertains to sport partners including complaints, and implement a plan for complaint reduction.
- Assist both our internal and external customers by proving prompt, sincere, and professional responses to questions and concerns that arise; striving to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Understand and apply all Safety and Emergency procedures to ensure a collective, streamlined and successful evacuation plan.
- Be an effective public relations person for Talisman Centre and communicate effectively and courteously with staff, public and user groups.
- Maintain the Sport Resources Board to create a high performance environment.
Committees: Internal & External Event Committees when applicable.
- Completed post-secondary education – preference may be given to Kinesiology, or Sport Administration - related programs.
- CPR C (recertified within one year) and Standard First Aid (recertified within 3 years) – required before employment can commence.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the additional certifications in coaching, leadership and/or conflict resolution.
Formal education is complimented 2-3 years of experience in an administrative position within a sport environment, specifically working with sport. Must possess a proven ability to establish and maintain an environment of trust and empowerment, build working relationships, delegate, manage and monitor work, lead by example, build a successful team, plan and organize and work through conflict. The ideal candidate will also have strong communication skills (verbal and written) that allow you to adapt to a variety of stakeholders. Proficient with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, and Outlook), have working knowledge of word processing and data base software and have the ability to navigate the web. Previous experience using the CLASS system is considered a tremendous asset. Taking personal responsibility for delivering on commitments, ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities and an appreciation for customer service excellence will ensure your success. Proven track record in working independently and in a team environment will ensure success in this position. Must be a high-energy, ambitious and driven individual who thrives in a dynamic environment and is willing to work evenings & weekends due to the demands of events in our facility.
Indeed - 10 months ago