If you are an enthusiastic, creative teacher with great communication skills and loads of energy, then you should apply to work as a part-time Pre-School Teacher with our Preschool for Active Living program (PAL). Operating in the dynamic environment of Talisman Centre, PAL offers a “learning through active living” philosophy. The program assists three and four year olds with the development of physical, social, intellectual, and emotional skills.
What’s In It for You:
- An outstanding facility in which to teach on a part-time basis
- The hours available for the positions include:
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 8:30-11:45am
- Tuesday & Thursday from 8:30-11:30am
- Free facility membership plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services for you and your family
- Performance based bonus program and an employee recognition program
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, December holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with the development of the Preschool for Active Living curriculum including principles of the Long Term Athletic Development Model (LTAD)
- Lead and supervise children between the ages of 3 & 4 years through a variety of structured and unstructured activities including circle time, free-play, craft, snack and physical time.
- Assist with the mentorship of the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual characteristics of the children
- Work collaboratively with other teachers to plan, organize and facilitate themes to integrate into the curriculum for all classes.
- Build positive working relationships with internal & external customers including teachers, support staff, special guests, parents and children.
- Ensure that the Preschool for Active Living environment is a safe & effective place for all children to learn and grow by following all health & safety standards.
- Continue to further your education and training by pursing professional development opportunities related to Early Childhood Education or similar fields of interest.
- Provide ongoing communication to the parents & guardians of children in the Preschool
- Attend all Preschool for Active Living meetings & in-services organized by the Preschool Shift Leader
- Assist with the organization and maintenance of the classroom including the cleaning and maintenance of supplies, toys and equipment.
- Assist with the set-up and take-down of the classroom at the beginning and end of the school year
- Help to promote the PAL program by being involved with events including Registration Days, Meet the Teacher and Year End Celebration
What You Need:
- Post-secondary education in Early Childhood Education or related education
- Knowledge of songs, games, art activities, as well as gym activities
- Standard First Aid and Basic Rescuer CPR
- Previous experience teaching three and four year old children in a preschool setting is an asset
- Ability to offer excellent customer service within a team environment and communicate with patrons of all ages
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those being considered for interviews will be contacted directly.
As the largest multi-sport complex of its kind in Canada, Talisman Centre enables all Calgarians at any age, at any skill level and within...