If you are an enthusiastic, creative teacher with great communication skills and loads of energy, then you should apply to work as an On-Call Pre-School Teacher with our Preschool for Active Living program (PAL). Operating in the dynamic environment of Talisman Centre, PAL offers a “learning through active living” philosophy. The program assists three and four year olds with the development of physical, social, intellectual, and emotional skills.
What’s In It for You:
- An outstanding facility in which to teach on an on-call basis
- Starting wage range: $15.50-$17.50 per hour depending on education/certification and experience
- Free facility membership plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services for you and your family
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, December holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with the development of the Preschool for Active Living curriculum including principles of the Long Term Athletic Development Model (LTAD)
- Lead and supervise children between the ages of 3 & 4 years through a variety of structured and unstructured activities including circle time, free-play, craft, snack and physical time.
- Assist with the mentorship of the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual characteristics of the children
- Work collaboratively with other teachers to plan, organize and facilitate themes to integrate into the curriculum for all classes.
- Build positive working relationships with internal & external customers including teachers, support staff, special guests, parents and children.
- Ensure that the Preschool for Active Living environment is a safe & effective place for all children to learn and grow by following all health & safety standards.
- Continue to further your education and training by pursing professional development opportunities related to Early Childhood Education or similar fields of interest.
- Provide ongoing communication to the parents & guardians of children in the Preschool
- Attend all Preschool for Active Living meetings & in-services organized by the Preschool Shift Leader
- Assist with the organization and maintenance of the classroom including the cleaning and maintenance of supplies, toys and equipment.
- Assist with the set-up and take-down of the classroom at the beginning and end of the school year
- Help to promote the PAL program by being involved with events including Registration Days, Meet the Teacher and Year End Celebration
What You Need:
- Post-secondary education in Early Childhood Education or related education
- Knowledge of songs, games, art activities, as well as gym activities
- Standard First Aid and Basic Rescuer CPR
- Previous experience teaching three and four year old children in a preschool setting is an asset
- Ability to offer excellent customer service within a team environment and communicate with patrons of all ages
- Current Standard First Aid (recertified within 2 years) and Basic Rescuer CPR (recertified within 1 year)
- Successful candidate will undergo a security clearance check, with a vulnerable sector check
As the largest multi-sport complex of its kind in Canada, Talisman Centre enables all Calgarians at any age, at any skill level and within...