Located in the heart of downtown and set in the middle of beautiful Lindsay Park, Talisman Centre has been voted the “Best Fitness Facility in Calgary” for ten consecutive years (by Fast Forward Magazine readers), and recognized as a leader in facility operations, enhancement projects and leading edge programs by our peers. Our focus on delivering an exciting atmosphere and a wide spectrum of world-class training and competition services for our high performance athletes, diverse customer base and dedicated membership has made us a leading destination for Calgarians of all ages and abilities.
What’s In It for You
- Competitive salary, taking into consideration education and experience
- Flexible and comprehensive benefits package including extended health, dental, short and long term disability, health spending account & RRSP matching program, performance based bonus program
- Free facility membership for you and a family member, plus a variety of discounted programs and services
- Free on-site parking and a close location to the C-Train
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Director of Programs & Services, the Group Fitness and Programs Manager duties include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit, train, performance manage and reward Group Fitness and Child Care employees as per HR best practice and procedures.
- Manage and maintain the group fitness and programs budget monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Complete monthly report for CEO for flow through to the Talisman Centre Board of Governors.
- Responsible for maintenance of the group fitness class schedule on a monthly basis.
- Analyze participation rates of group fitness classes and make recommendations based on findings regarding class changes, additions, cancellations, etc.
- Audit the performance of each Group Fitness Instructor on a regular basis and provide support and guidance as required through class participation and on-site review.
- Develop a plan and process for group fitness inventory and equipment maintenance, including stereos, spin bikes, class equipment, etc..
- Asses the competition within Calgary through site visits and class participation at various competitor facilities, and make recommendations for Talisman Centre regarding findings.
- Build and maintain a strong network within the Group Fitness industry in Calgary and be working towards the development of a national network.
- Lead, coach, and mentor employees to effectively and proactively manage capitalizing on opportunity and operational challenges while providing exceptional service.
- Establish solid working relationships within the team and other departments to ensure a cohesive, collaborative and respectful working environment.
- Rotate monthly within the Fire Warden role as needed.
- Support the Group Fitness and Child Care teams on-site during weekend, evening and daytime events.
- Provide the Programs & Services Director with customer feedback, system enhancements, recruitment needs, training and development needs, ideas for rewards and recognition, new programs/services and on-going quality improvement.
- Update and maintain training manuals on policies, procedures and programs, reviewing current procedures and bringing forward ideas for new policy implementations.
- Work a minimum of two evenings per week and two weekends per month, combined with regular day-time business hours, to a total of forty hours per week.
- Other duties as required by the Programs & Services Director.
- Backfill for frontline positions as required.
What You Need
- Completed post-secondary degree in Kinesiology or Human Kinetics, with preference given to candidates with a degree in Sport Administration or Sport Management.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a related role, with preference given to those with a recreational facility background. Previous supervisory experience required
- 2 years of group fitness facilitation experience required
- 2 years of sport coaching experience highly desired
- Current CPR C and Standard First Aid are required prior to commencement.
- Current professional group fitness certifications may include the following: AFLCA, Can-Fit Pro, Body Training Systems, NCCP, YOGA, and Group Cycle specific.
- Additional certifications in leadership and/or conflict resolution are highly desirable.
- Possess strong communication skills (verbal and written) that allow adaptability to a variety of stakeholders.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous experience using the CLASS system is considered an asset.
- Personal accountability for delivering on commitments, ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities, and passion for customer service excellence.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be an engaging, ambitious and driven professional who thrives in a dynamic, customer-focused environment.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
As the largest multi-sport complex of its kind in Canada, Talisman Centre enables all Calgarians at any age, at any skill level and within...