Located in the heart of downtown and set in the middle of beautiful Lindsay Park, we’ve been voted the “Best Fitness Facility in Calgary” for 10 consecutive years (by Fast Forward Magazine readers), and recognized as a leader in facility operations, enhancement projects and leading edge programs by our peers. Our focus on delivering an exciting atmosphere and a wide spectrum of world-class training and competition services for our high performance athletes, diverse customer base and dedicated membership has made us a leading destination for Calgarians of all ages and abilities.
We are looking for a positive, upbeat and capable Fitness Centre Shift Leader to support and guide our front-line fitness consultants to engage and create a satisfying customer experience for our Fitness Centre users.
Reports to: Fitness Centre & Training Services Manager
What’s In It for You:
Starting salary/wage range of $17.00 to $20.50
The position is considered part-time, with flexible hours (days, evenings, and some weekends)
Free facility membership
Access to a variety of free & discounted programs and services
Free parking and close to C-train
Professional Development opportunities
Social Club discount card upon hire where you can receive exclusive discounts and deals around Calgary
What You’ll Do:
- Provide hands-on leadership, guidance, and coaching for the Fitness Consultants
- Support the scheduling of Fitness Consultants
- Complete weekly and biweekly administrative duties including implementation of value added incentives for customers, coordinating scheduling with staff, and filling operational requests from the Fitness Centre Team Leaders
- Demonstrate personalized and professional customer service skills
- Actively contributing to facility-wide teamwork and supporting the Wellness Model
- Provide effective and professional communication to customers and co-workers
- Liaise with all other work teams within Talisman Centre
- General maintenance, upkeep and tidiness of the Fitness Centre & Field House areas
- Maintain safety standards
- Handle immediate first aid needs
- Educate and enforce dryland rules
- Provide spotting support to customers
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Oversee day to day operations of the dryland facilities
- Projects assigned
- Oversee and assist in setting up Field House equipment and Special Events
- Assist in moving heavy sports equipment
What You Need:
- You are a high-energy individual who thrives in a competitive and dynamic environment.
- Completion of post-secondary education in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or a related degree.
- Current certification in CPR level C, First Aid, and at least one form of exercise certification (e.g. Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification, Can-Fit-Pro).
- Preference will be given to candidates with at least 1 year of leadership experience.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and assist with moving heavy sports equipment.
- You have a “customer first” service approach, are committed to communication, and are able to motivate others.
- You have a professional manner, an optimistic “can-do” approach, and are efficient when dealing with multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. You are passionate about producing results and your superior problem-solving skills enable you to respond to changing priorities. Your proven track record working independently and in a team environment will ensure your success.
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter to Talisman Centre Human Resources by:
Drop off: 2225 Macleod Trail South, Calgary, AB T2G 5B6
We thank all applicants and only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 22 months ago
As the largest multi-sport complex of its kind in Canada, Talisman Centre enables all Calgarians at any age, at any skill level and within...