Working at Talisman Centre means joining a group of fun, hardworking, enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about improving the lives of the people around them every day including health nuts, people with disabilities, Olympic athletes and preschoolers - just to name a few. You will be supported and empowered to help make positive experiences for everyone whether they come here to TRAIN, COMPETE or just PLAY hard.
What’s In It for You:
- Starting wage $ 17.00 per hour
- Opportunity to join our benefit program once hours are consistently at 20 hours/week
- Free facility membership for you, plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services
- Performance based bonus program and an employee recognition program
- Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
- Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, December holiday party and many more
- Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
What You’ll Do:
Shifts are based on events and require set-up 2-3 days in advance. Over 90% of our events involving timing run on weekends and this position would be required to be on-site for the full event.
Reporting to the Sport Services Manager, the Event Timing & Technology Specialist’s primary focus will be to assist with the execution of events through the timing. The department is in its infancy and is poised for growth, enhancing Talisman Centre’s reputation for excellence.
- Proactive set-up of all timing and technology as per the event function sheets, ensuring they have the correct timing and technology to run seamlessly as the various levels of events (invitational, provincial, national, etc.) do require different timing and technology set-ups.
- Testing of all technology equipment 2-3 days in advance of the event start.
Event & Post Event Operations:
- Initiate communication with Meet Managers, Operations and Competition and Event Coordinator at the start of each event.
- Provide timing and technology support for assigned events at Talisman Centre for the sports of Diving, Swimming, Synchro, and Water Polo.
- Throughout the event, be on-site and working with the Meet Manager and Meet Organizer representing Talisman Centre.
- Act as role model for the Sport Services Department through hands on leadership support to Lifeguards and other Talisman Centre employees on the timing equipment and scoreboard.
- Take down of timing and technology equipment and ensure proper storage.
- Provide an Event Report to Talisman Centre for each event within one week of completion of the event.
- Inventory, repair and recommendation of new equipment.
- Regularly attend and lead staff technical aspects of timing and scoreboard meetings.
- Ensure work performance competencies and customer service standards are being met.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work/play environment.
- Equipment maintenance and cleaning when required.
- Maintain the equipment inventory and suggest new equipment to the Sport Services Manager.
- Provide quality customer service to external and internal customers.
- Act as a spokes person on behalf of the Sport Services Team.
- Regular updates of Timing and Event Training Manuals.
- Attend Daktronics Training when required.
- Additional projects as needed.
What You Need:
- Currently in or completed post-secondary education.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C prior to commencing employment.
Experience & Skills:
Formal education is complimented by 1-3 years’ experience in event timing, timing repair and maintenance and set-up or event management. Must possess a proven ability to establish and maintain an environment of trust and empowerment, build strategic working relationships, delegate, manage and monitor work, lead by example, plan and organize and work through conflict. You must possess strong communication skills (verbal and written) that allow you to adapt to a variety of stakeholders. Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and Outlook). Previous experience using the Ares and Daktronics systems or other timing systems is considered an asset. Taking personal responsibility for delivering on commitments, ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities and an appreciation for customer service excellence will ensure your success. Proven track record in working independently and in a team environment will ensure success in this position. Must be a high-energy, ambitious and driven individual who thrives in a dynamic environment.
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter to Talisman Centre Human Resources by:
Drop off: 2225 Macleod Trail South, Calgary, AB T2G 5B6
As the largest multi-sport complex of its kind in Canada, Talisman Centre enables all Calgarians at any age, at any skill level and within...