As an integral part of the Sales and Marketing department, the Customer Service Manager is responsible for building a successful team and identifying and overseeing the development of programs, tools, policies and procedures to deliver outstanding customer service to our members and the public. This includes continually reviewing all processes and making recommendations to improve future service delivery and sales opportunities and responding to all customer feedback promptly. A strong aptitude for forward-planning, solution driven and a team player with the ability to multi-task is key for this role. We’ll expect plenty of passion, resilience and confidence – you’ll be someone who can always get things done to deliver on our commitment to customer service.
Reports to: Sales & Marketing Director
What’s In It for You:
Free facility membership plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services for you and your family
Flexible work schedule
Performance based bonus program and an employee recognition program
After successful completion of probationary term, eligibility for our RRSP employer matching Program and our flexible benefits package
Professional Development assistance program available to support employee career growth.
Annual staff events including BBQ’s, Corporate challenge, December holiday party and many more
Free parking and close to transit with a C-train and bus stop steps away
Customer Service Professionalism:
- Think creatively and strategically in reviewing all process, programs, policies and procedures and make recommendations to enhance the customer service delivery throughout the organization.
- Be accountable for customer service satisfaction ratings and support the business needs of Talisman Centre
- Be an advocate on behalf of the customers and respond to customer’s complaints in a quick manner.
- Oversee the customer experience for a diverse set of customers including Public, Sport Partners, Members, Executive Locker Room Members, Group Homes and high performance athletes.
- Responsible for building the Customer Service budget, meeting targets, and implementing improvements in order to prepare budget estimates for the current or upcoming fiscal year
- Develop processes and programs to recognize sales opportunities during customer interactions
- Understand and apply all safety and emergency procedures to ensure a collective, streamlined and successful execution
- Assist Marketing Department with Trade Shows, Special Events and Marketing campaigns and be a key player in the elaboration of the annual marketing plan
- Maintain monthly Executive Locker Room budget
- Manage retail stock, orders and delivery, and source/purchase retail items that are not supplied through current suppliers
Leadership and People Management Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, performance manage and reward employees following HR best practice and procedures.
- Establish and evaluate annual performance reviews through regular follow up, feedback and coaching
- Work collectively within the team and other departments to set up monthly employee departmental in-services and to ensure a cohesive momentum building working environment.
- Attend Leadership training when required.
- Complete and submit payroll biweekly.
- Lead, coach, mentor and empower employees to handle operational challenges
- Coordinate, deliver and monitor progress on job specific training for new hires.
- Coordinate and monitor team schedules including approving vacation and absence requests to ensure business operations continue efficiently and effectively.
- Carry out and lead by example at a high level all employee performance standards & expectations.
- Responsible for acting as the Fire Warden and/or Duty Manager role based on a rotational schedule a few times per year.
- Act as a key information source by providing the Marketing Manager with customer feedback, system enhancements, recruitment needs, training and development needs, ideas for rewards and recognition, new programs/services and on-going quality improvement.
- Must be working towards or have completed a diploma or degree in sport, recreation, or hospitality or a related equivalent.
- Education is complimented by 7 plus years of experience in a customer service environment
- 5 years’ demonstrated experience in a management/supervisory role.
- You have proven ability to establish and maintain an environment of trust and empowerment, and building strategic working relationships
- You lead by example, build a successful team, align performance with success, coach, and plan
- You possess strong communication skills (verbal and written) that allow you to adapt to a variety of stakeholders
- You are proficient with Microsoft (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and have the ability to navigate the web.
- Knowledge using CLASS system is considered an asset
- Taking personal responsibility for delivering on commitments, ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities, identify problems and implement improvements and an appreciation for customer service
- You are a high-energy, ambitious and driven individual who thrives in a dynamic environment