Are you a highly motivated HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST who has been responsible in overseeing the human resources and safety related programs of the company? Do you have a solid understanding of manufacturing/industrial?
Talentcor Edmonton is currently looking for a HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST for their Nisku, Alberta client.
As the HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST you will be involved in the hiring, benefit administration, training and development of staff and policy compliance of the company as well as administer programs that will enhance the acquisition, retention and growth of productive and positively motivated employees.
- Be responsible for full cycle recruiting and hiring process for the company;
- Administer benefits program including health, life, short and long term disability, etc;
- Manage the safety program/compliance, including accurate documentation and training of all safety programs, in conjunction with the production management group;
- Work with the production leadership group and Safety Action Team in conducting accident investigations, compile information for first Reports, and coordinate all Worker’s Compensation activities;
- Maintain the accuracy of job descriptions for all employees and also assist in developing job descriptions for new positions;
- Monitor the performance appraisal process to assure timely and effective appraisals for all employees;
- Maintain current and accurate New Employee Orientation documentation and provides the necessary training and development exercises to assure that new employees have the necessary competencies and skills to perform their jobs;
- Manage corrective disciplinary actions to ensure that they are administered fairly and per company policy;
- Coordinate wage administration, assure that compensation is administered timely and fairly while following company guidelines;
- Participate in all continuous improvement programs by offering suggestions and by exhibiting initiative in areas within direct control; and
- Provide other assistance to the Managing Director as requested.
- Post-secondary education with a four year degree in Business, Human Resources or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience and education may be considered;
- CHRP designation or working toward designation an asset;
- Must be high on integrity and ability to wear several hats at one time;
- Must be able to lead by example for all safety initiatives;
- 4-5 years prior work experience in Human Resources, business administration or management;
- Must possess a good understanding of a manufacturing/industrial environment; and
- Must also possess strong communication skills and interpersonal skills. Must be capable of handling sensitive information in a completely confidential manner.
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Is this the job you were looking for? Please send your resume today!
Talent at Work
Talentcor thanks you for your interest in this position. We will contact those candidates whose skills and work experience most closely align with our client’s needs and will retain all resumes for future opportunities. We encourage you to regularly visit our website at www.talentcor.com to view our new job postings and career search tips. ‘Like’ us on Facebook and receive job announcements in your news stream