A reputable and established company in the Concord area is currently hiring a Night Shift Maintenance Mechanic.This is a Permanent Full-Time position. We are looking for candidates preferably with a background in the Food Industry. This is a great opportunity. APPLY TODAY!
The maintenance mechanics are responsible to provide service to the production department in the form of mechanical service, as well as to participate in the Preventative Maintenance program to ensure equipment is ready for operation. In addition, they are responsible to participate in the continuous improvement of the equipment and processes.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment issues
- Repairing, installing, maintaining and improving mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Completion of Preventative maintenance tasks
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) when dealing with co-workers, supervisors
production employees and sanitation staff.
- Must wear all personal protective equipment (PPE) as required by the company and legislation.
- Ensuring daily adherence to the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Hazard Analysis Critical Control
Points (HACCP) and Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Evaluating hazards, verification and description of measures and procedures that should be taken
to achieve a safe work environment and to comply with Environmental and Health and Safety
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Ability to accurately complete and precise reporting of all production and inventory control.
- Ability to obtain consistent results according to the production standards established.
- Ability to structure the work to be done efficiently and accurately.
- Demonstrates the dynamism, motivation and positive attitude towards the work.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness and independence.
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence and respects subordinates and management
- Uses sound judgement and reasoning when decision-making.
- Demonstrates ability to make decisions and shows initiative.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, strong oral and written abilities.
- Demonstrates flexibility and availability, as required, in response to varying work schedules.
Working Conditions Notations:
- Able to work extended hours and flexible shifts as required.
- Comfortable working in a refrigerated area.
- Able to perform sometimes physically strenuous activity
- Will be required to work with sanitization chemicals
- Daily exposure to temperatures noticeably above and below room temperature.
- Regular exposure to stress caused by complex and time sensitive deadlines.
- Exposure to noise levels 85 decibels or higher in certain production rooms.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Red Seal Industrial Millwright Certificate, or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years Industrial Mechanic experience preferably in the food industry.
- Familiarity with mechanical industrial installations, troubleshooing and mechanical repairs.
- Cable of welding, preferably TIG
- Quick learner with great enthusiasm.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, customer focused
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Food or Beverage Industry experience an asset
- Able to work extended hours and flexible schedule
- Must be prepared to work in an industrial Frozen food manufacturing environment with the
associated noise/dust levels and varying temperatures.
- Constant exposure to food products.
GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO WORK WITH A RESPECTED ORGANIZATION!
"We thank you all for your interest however only those selected for interviews will be contacted"