Talecris Plasma Resources Employee Reviews

Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXJune 14, 2016
Staff is always friendly and willing to help so that you can ensure the job is being done correctly. Management is always willing to work with your hours and availability.
Great atmosphere!
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 10, 2016
A typical work day at Talcris Plasma Resources was interesting. You have many different personalities. The Donors are what kept you going on a daily basis. They were friendly and we all enjoyed the company of one another. My job was to make them feel at home and appreciated. I would get their vitals, perform acupunctures for Blood Glucose testing, check the protein, and document information given.The co-workers and management all supported one another and demonstrated how to be fun, but also how to be professional.
Pros
The benefits of working with a great company
Cons
short staffed
Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 7, 2016
Great work...Good place to work but work/life balance is horrible and pay is small, but good first job out of school. Never a dull moment great donors.
Stability
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 27, 2016
This is great if you are looking for a stable entry level job.
decent pay
the most enjoyable part interacting with donors
run run run away
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 19, 2016
Love the donors, they are amazing. Some will lie on you and make you lose your job. Management is some what fair. I say give it a try but don't try tobe friends with anyone. GO to work to WORK
Productive work place with a friendly environment.
Medical Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 2, 2016
A typical work day consists of getting to work around 0730, opening the center at 0800. On average as a LPN I perform about 3 physical exams a day checking HEENT, lung sounds, heart sounds, reflexes as well as administering a urine drug screen to applicant plasma donors. It is my personal goal to perform at least 5 or more physical exams per day. However, the number of physicals performed is determined by the number of applicant donors. Throughout my time with this company I have learned how to effectively communicate with individuals from all areas of life. The management team as well as my co-workers with which I have been working closely with consists of a diverse group of individuals who are able to express their ideas and opinions while also being open minded about the ideas and opinions of others. The hardest and most enjoyable part of this job is the fact that operating procedures are constantly changing so every day is a learning opportunity.
Pros
constant learning oppurtunities, friendly environment, quickly accrued vacation time
Cons
open 7 days a week so it's hard to have company/ staff gatherings to keep up morale
Could be better
Plasma Processor (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 17, 2016
An enjoyable job, but needed professional management of other employees who were not professional. It also depended on who you had to deal with (managers). During a typical day you may collect hundreds of plasma samples for testing (which I learned on the job). Chart reviewing. Worst part about the job was going in the freezer to search for samples not viable for shipment. Pay was by no means livable ($9.98\hr), and not guaranteed 40 hours a week. So getting paid every two weeks was a stretch. Most co-workers were great. Corporate was not helpful with unprofessional nurse who messed me around when I became injured on the job.
Pros
Learning on the job
Cons
Pay
great skill building job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 1, 2016
it was a great job to perfect your skills as a phlebotomists and will open your eyes to office politics due to how everyone is out for self and management only deals with the women who flirt with him
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Was able to meet new people, big enjoyment.
Screener (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GA 31903February 19, 2016
The management was horrible, I was treated bad wouldn't want to work with this company again unless it was a whole new management team.
Should pay more than it does
Plasma Processor/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LA Alexandria, LaFebruary 17, 2016
The biomedical company can afford to pay more than it does, after all you are dealing with someones life on a daily basis. If the ompany cuts out the need for all the micromanagement, it would become a better work enviroment. you will met many people and you will have good and bad days, but its overall okay. you will get free lunch atleast once a week, and contests are always being held.
Pros
free food, overtime pay, advancement if you have any college degree, advancement without a college degree, free college tution after a year, great insurance/benefits
Cons
overtime pay should be regular pay, if certified in another position, cannot take the work experience elsewhere, work hours
Very Good Learning Enviroment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 9, 2016
Working here was a great learning experience. The reps in other departments didn't mind sharing the knowledge of their positions. A lot of room for growth in the company.
Rich in culture, but not much else
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 7, 2016
Talecris is a company that is a part of a larger company called Grifols. Grifols is very rich in the plasma resources culture. The company oozes positive history in all of its training material, which is great. Unfortunately, that is really the only great part of the company. The job life suffers because they impose rules where they can demand you stay many hours after your scheduled end time. The overtime money is decent, but the extended shifts are often due to work not getting done, so the time is spent breaking your back to try and "catch up" because management has a very loose handle on the staff, which often is the cause of getting behind in the first place. Staff members are not disciplined for efficiency issues, which doesn't solve the problem. Benefits are below average for the type of work that is suppose to be government regulated. Menial labor jobs pay slightly less for much less labor performed. This is often a stepping stone for many trying to advance in the medical field. Staff is frequently rotating, which can upset the work flow. Job security is good because the locations are often understaffed, but that is also a negative. Advancement is very difficult as the management doesn't really change much and during the few times where management positions were available, the positions were always filled from outside the location. Training is, simply put, poor. The training coordinator is suppose to be knowledgeable about every position within the company, but willingly chooses to avoid certain areas, resulting in a knowledge deficiency that shows strongest when training  more... new employees in areas she doesn't have proper information to pass along. The staff is not much better. When entering into my new work area, I was told several very different and often wrong ways to do things by different people for work that is suppose to be government regulated. Management knows of these issues, but almost always chooses to look the other way or let employees off with only a verbal warning, even for repeat offenses.  less
Pros
Job security, culture
Cons
Long hours, poor management, poor training, advancement
Overall good place to work
Center Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 1, 2016
Everyday provided a new set of challenges and rewards. A typical day tended to be fairly stressful dealing with the corporate side of the business. Co-workers were the best part of the job.
high stress
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 31, 2016
High stress job with low compensation. work schedule is unpredictable. if hours were stable it might not be a bad place to work,
Busy
Registration Representative/Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  8500 w. Virginia Dallas txWJanuary 16, 2016
I've learned a lot in the plasma industry. It's fast paced very attention to details.I loved working with different walks of life.
Pros
loving to learn what you do in this field
Cons
pay very close attention
Awful
Donor Processor/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 6, 2016
It was awful. Management did not care about the donors or employees and actually asked the employees to stop referring to the donors as "people"
Very Productive Workplace
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 30, 2015
Company has room for advancement within the company. Work environment is good. I've learned what the industry is all about and the help it gives patients who are in need of the medicine made by the donors plasma. The hardest part of the job was knowing that there are a lot of patients relying in the donations of the donors. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing actual patients who receive the medication and the fact that they can live their lives because of every donation.
Pros
Constant employee and donor appreciation days
Cons
Short Breaks due to the volume of donors within the center
Couldn't stand this job!
Screener (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 28, 2015
Always so busy barley had time to breath let alone to take a break or lunch. If we would stop to go get a drink we would get yelled at or maybe it was just at me not sure, one of the reason's I filed a complaint with HR. I did enjoy meeting new people even though I was timed on how long I had them in my booth.
I learned the screening process, I learned about the saftey of not touching bio-hazard material to stay safe.
My co-workers were nice but alot of drama and were all favorites of the boss, i felt it was a racist facility due to those who were white got treated bad, and the others were treated really well.
The hardest part of the job was working almost 12 hours straight and not getting a full lunch and my 2 breaks.
Meeting new people.

The worst part was the way i was let go, this is why i filed with HR i was 4 months pregnant called in because one of my sons had the flu. They stated i called in over 8 times in 3 weeks; if that was the case i would of had excused ones. But even then I wouldn't do that because that isn't me.
Pros
Don't have any
Cons
Raciest
Contest
Donor Processor II/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  californiaDecember 14, 2015
Talecris has been one of the most of the most of the most loving people they are the best company to work for and will enjoy your company if you just go donate.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
I really enjoyed working at Talecris
Senior Contract Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCDecember 8, 2015
Talecris was a great company to work for. Even though I was a contract employee working with the permanent employees was seamless. We all worked as a team, had a good manager, and were able to accomplish positive results.

I was very sad when my division of the company was sold. I was only there a short time but it was a good experience.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
My division of the company was sold and I was laid off