Talecris Plasma Resources Employee Reviews

Could be better
Plasma Processor (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMarch 17, 2016
An enjoyable job, but needed professional management of other employees who were not professional. It also depended on who you had to deal with (managers). During a typical day you may collect hundreds of plasma samples for testing (which I learned on the job). Chart reviewing. Worst part about the job was going in the freezer to search for samples not viable for shipment. Pay was by no means livable ($9.98\hr), and not guaranteed 40 hours a week. So getting paid every two weeks was a stretch. Most co-workers were great. Corporate was not helpful with unprofessional nurse who messed me around when I became injured on the job.
Pros
Learning on the job
Cons
Pay
Should pay more than it does
Plasma Processor/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LA Alexandria, LaFebruary 17, 2016
The biomedical company can afford to pay more than it does, after all you are dealing with someones life on a daily basis. If the ompany cuts out the need for all the micromanagement, it would become a better work enviroment. you will met many people and you will have good and bad days, but its overall okay. you will get free lunch atleast once a week, and contests are always being held.
Pros
free food, overtime pay, advancement if you have any college degree, advancement without a college degree, free college tution after a year, great insurance/benefits
Cons
overtime pay should be regular pay, if certified in another position, cannot take the work experience elsewhere, work hours
Very Productive Workplace
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 30, 2015
Company has room for advancement within the company. Work environment is good. I've learned what the industry is all about and the help it gives patients who are in need of the medicine made by the donors plasma. The hardest part of the job was knowing that there are a lot of patients relying in the donations of the donors. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing actual patients who receive the medication and the fact that they can live their lives because of every donation.
Pros
Constant employee and donor appreciation days
Cons
Short Breaks due to the volume of donors within the center
I really enjoyed working at Talecris
Senior Contract Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCDecember 8, 2015
Talecris was a great company to work for. Even though I was a contract employee working with the permanent employees was seamless. We all worked as a team, had a good manager, and were able to accomplish positive results.

I was very sad when my division of the company was sold. I was only there a short time but it was a good experience.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
My division of the company was sold and I was laid off
great skill building job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 1, 2016
it was a great job to perfect your skills as a phlebotomists and will open your eyes to office politics due to how everyone is out for self and management only deals with the women who flirt with him
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
run run run away
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 19, 2016
Love the donors, they are amazing. Some will lie on you and make you lose your job. Management is some what fair. I say give it a try but don't try tobe friends with anyone. GO to work to WORK
Overall good place to work
Center Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 1, 2016
Everyday provided a new set of challenges and rewards. A typical day tended to be fairly stressful dealing with the corporate side of the business. Co-workers were the best part of the job.
Busy
Registration Representative/Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  8500 w. Virginia Dallas txWJanuary 16, 2016
I've learned a lot in the plasma industry. It's fast paced very attention to details.I loved working with different walks of life.
Pros
loving to learn what you do in this field
Cons
pay very close attention
Couldn't stand this job!
Screener (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 28, 2015
Always so busy barley had time to breath let alone to take a break or lunch. If we would stop to go get a drink we would get yelled at or maybe it was just at me not sure, one of the reason's I filed a complaint with HR. I did enjoy meeting new people even though I was timed on how long I had them in my booth.
I learned the screening process, I learned about the saftey of not touching bio-hazard material to stay safe.
My co-workers were nice but alot of drama and were all favorites of the boss, i felt it was a racist facility due to those who were white got treated bad, and the others were treated really well.
The hardest part of the job was working almost 12 hours straight and not getting a full lunch and my 2 breaks.
Meeting new people.

The worst part was the way i was let go, this is why i filed with HR i was 4 months pregnant called in because one of my sons had the flu. They stated i called in over 8 times in 3 weeks; if that was the case i would of had excused ones. But even then I wouldn't do that because that isn't me.
Pros
Don't have any
Cons
Raciest
Very Good Learning Enviroment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 9, 2016
Working here was a great learning experience. The reps in other departments didn't mind sharing the knowledge of their positions. A lot of room for growth in the company.
Productive and fast paced environment
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Salem OregonSeptember 30, 2015
Great place to work at with a great staff management. There was a lot of variety in our every day task. The environment itself was enjoyable to work at. Had a lot of time to work and connect with donors. Overall, great experience working there.
Pros
work one-on-one with people, free food
Cons
No parking lot, busy occasionally
Was able to meet new people, big enjoyment.
Screener (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GA 31903February 19, 2016
The management was horrible, I was treated bad wouldn't want to work with this company again unless it was a whole new management team.
Daily productive workplace
Donor Processor (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 2, 2015
Everyday is a different day when it comes to customer service at the Plasma Center. I have learned to be very patient and make very little errors. Management there is over rated and could be under more structural discipline. My co-workers work very hard at the task that is given. We all try to come together and get things done so we all can go home in a timely manner. There is no hard part of the job because I am well trained in my areas. The most enjoyable part is when I'm working with a great team whether is opening or closing.
Everyday was a new adventure.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNSeptember 1, 2015
This is fast paced and requires attention to detail. Most of the time we were understaffed and starting pay was low. You'll have to deal with conflict resolution on a daily basis. When revised SOP's or new trainings occurred the implantation was poor since it was done via conference call with hundreds of employees causing many interruptions and background noise. Employee turnover was 80-90 percent a year on a normal basis.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Upper Management
Always busy
Donor Processor (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNSeptember 17, 2015
This company if always busy on the weekend. In a way it's not really a bad place to work because some staff is very helpfully when you needed help. Life working as a plasma center is much harder than you think it is. There are time when you want to quit and their are time that you don't want to quit. To me it's like a stepping stone for your career.
Pros
staff are great
Cons
n/a
Stability
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 27, 2016
This is great if you are looking for a stable entry level job.
decent pay
the most enjoyable part interacting with donors
PRODUCTIVE ENVIRONMENT
Senior Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MichiganAugust 31, 2015
As a Senior Phlebotomist at Talecris, I tend to have a very busy work day. We might get up to 300 donors a day. All of them have to processed and go through the procedure by the end of the day and we might not get off work until 8 or 9 o'clock at night. I love working with the community and to sit and hear some people stories about their life as being hooked up to the machine to donate their plasma.
Contest
Donor Processor II/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  californiaDecember 14, 2015
Talecris has been one of the most of the most of the most loving people they are the best company to work for and will enjoy your company if you just go donate.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Overall it was a poor experience
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 23, 2015
The management was very unorganized. They were often late or absent for work and had no sense of what was going on inside their own organization. Scheduling was unpredictable more often than not you were not relieved at your scheduled time or a new schedule would be made at the last possible moment
Busy
Donor Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 3, 2015
It can be enjoyable working with the donors and sometimes make the time go by faster. With a good management team there could also be good growth and advancement among the line staff with a low turn over rate
Cons
Too many hours for short staff