Talecris Plasma Resources Employee Reviews

Very busy. Bust your Bum kind of place.
CMA/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2016
Management did not care about what was happing on the floor. They only cared about the numbers. They co workers were to lax about what came out of their mouths on the floor. The floor supervisor was the worst of them all.
The best part was the quarterly money. That was nice. Need to be more professional. I heard the new management might be better..
Pros
You can develop freindships with the donors
Cons
Very Crude language is used in that place on the floor.
Productive and fun professional work place.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 19, 2016
A typical day working at Telacris Plasma was not always easy. The co-workers that I had were easy to get along with. Everyone was very much down to earth, and tried to have other have a wonderful days as well. I love the management. You could always go to them and fix mostly anything and everything. I think a manager who cares, and shows that they care about their employees are the best. I think that if we didn't have such a grate manager, most of us wouldn't feel like it was team work. The hardest part about of my job was when we were not adequately staffed. There is to always be six Donors to every one Phlebotomist, and most of the time we had to keep our eyes on, not just more then six donors, but six different machine. The most enjoyable part about my job was knowing that with each and every plasma donation coming in, I was helping and saving someones life. There's nothing more rewarding then feeling wonderful for helping a stranger.
Pros
Head strong co-workers and management
Cons
Not adequately staffed.
More mental than physical
Center Medical Specialist and Alternate Leadership (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 12, 2016
As a Center Medical Specialist, the job can be mentally stressful. There are a lot of little issues that only CMS's can deal with. The CMS must be the jack of all trades. On the other hand, the job is mentally rewarding. Knowing that you are doing something for people that no medicine in the world can help; you feel very proud of yourself. The pay is on the low side. The benefits are good.

I also serve as alternate leadership. Although I always felt management was over the top, as an alternate leadership, I understand why.
Was an absolute pleasure to work there!
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 10, 2016
I really enjoyed working there! I have rarely seen (at other places I have worked) supervisors and managers pitch right in and help all of the employees to keep things running smoothly like the ones at Talecris! I loved my co-workers and I loved the donors! I had a fabulous experience working there! :)
Pros
They are eager to train and educate and advancement is very possible for everyone.
Cons
Really early staff meetings and high turn over rate.
Costumer Service
Plasma Processor (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXSeptember 8, 2016
There is a wide range of customer service in where on has to care enough to ensure the person comes back. The knowledge of knowing that today i may have care for a life but I know that I have saved another.
Good Place that Promotes Growth
Donor Center Technician/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 24, 2016
Making sure that donor are satsfiy and know that the company is about saving someone lives ... We appericate our donor very much and to show our apperciated we always have raffles and give aways prizes monthy,,, Being a donor go so much then just donationg some is able to be here another day
Enjoyed the time I had here.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 17, 2016
I was a phlebotomist here at Talecris. I would set up and take down machines, do veiny puncture on the arm, take care of patients when we had them. It was the first job I had when I graduated from IBC.
Pros
Flexible work schedlue.
Cons
Company got bought out.
Worst place ever
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 15, 2016
I started in October of 2015. I quit May 2, 2016 and walking out, I still wasn't fully trained. I was supposed to be trained and signed off by January of 2016 so I could receive my raise. I was working full time hours but wasn't receiving benefits because they had me as part time ob paper. The assistant manager, who was an entire issue in and if herself, was supposed to had submitted that paper work in January.The schedule was always late coming out. I have to call in my hours to my day care by 12p on Fridays. In fact the week U quit I didn't have day care that week kuz they put the schedule out late. I almost lost my day care because I never got off on time. Breaks? Whats that lol . I would rather try to make it off of $475 a month cash assistance than work there.

They will be closing once cls open...watch
Pros
Lol
Cons
long hours and hectic schedule changes randomly
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 12, 2016
The job is not hard, but the work expected out of one individual is a bit over the top. expect for schedule fluctuations every week. Management is as expected, very SOP oriented, as long as you do your job there is no problems. lots of drama throughout center.
Pros
1 hr. lunch, two 15 min breaks
Cons
drama, time scheduele fluctuates
A every demanding Job
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 11, 2016
A typical day at Talecis is you come into work and are bombarded with employees and donors complaining about breaks to I did not get my money on my card. You do not have anytime to completed your daily tasks because you are puttig out fires from left to right. You are always babysitting the staff, if they show up for work. The staff there is poorly managed they can come and go as the please. There is favoritism between management and staff. The staff can wear whatever they want eventhough the dress code is scrubs. You get cussed out by employees and donors daily. Then there is nothing done about it. Management is always late or never at the center. There is a high turn over rate at Talecris they can never keep employees. It is a high stressed job and you are always busy doing the same thing over and over again. The hardest part of the job is dealing with reataliation from the staff. The most enjoyable part is talking to all different sort of life and actually making medicine to help the ill. Therefore, there are more bad days then good. If you want to be sourrounded by positive people, I would not work here because there are only a few positive people This place is more negative that it is positive.
Pros
Benefits and PTO
Cons
Negative, Poor managment, and very stressful
Love helping the elderly with everyday things.
Donor Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 10, 2016
Not paid enough for the responsibilities. Very rewarding taking care of the elderly. Make a lot of friends. Hear lots of neat stories from your elders. Can get attached to people and then they may pass away. But it is nice that you can be a part of their life.
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 7, 2016
I love working with my manager and the employees was fun too. The hardest part was getting to know everything and when I didn't know anything. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing payroll.
Donor Center Tech, Phlebotemist
Donor Center Technician II/Designated Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 27, 2016
This company is awful!!! Management is the worst!!! They don't even have any medical knowledge!!! Low pay, no breaks unless you are slow, high turnover rate, advancement takes forever, favoritism beyond belief, unqualified people get advanced over more qualified people, the most stressful place I ever worked!!! When I first started there it was good but got worse over time with personnel changes in management. The donors can be very rude at times and management expects you to take it without reacting at all!! The coworkers were good overall but it is a cut throat environment and you have to watch what you say to some people or the rumors will fly and you will be told on to management. Alot of backstabbing and brown nosing. If you want to work somewhere that is very stressful for little pay then this is the job for you!!!!
Pros
decent benefits overall for full time staff, good place to learn some basic medical skills if you don't have any medical experience.
Cons
management, stressful, low pay, no breaks, no social life
High volume, fast paced, stressful
Supervising Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 21, 2016
The training received for any position is rudimentary but adequate. The working environment was often fraught with internal drama and political.
Pros
Reasonable pay, reasonable hours, meaningful industry
Cons
Lack of management support and low employee morale
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXJune 14, 2016
Staff is always friendly and willing to help so that you can ensure the job is being done correctly. Management is always willing to work with your hours and availability.
Great atmosphere!
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 10, 2016
A typical work day at Talcris Plasma Resources was interesting. You have many different personalities. The Donors are what kept you going on a daily basis. They were friendly and we all enjoyed the company of one another. My job was to make them feel at home and appreciated. I would get their vitals, perform acupunctures for Blood Glucose testing, check the protein, and document information given.The co-workers and management all supported one another and demonstrated how to be fun, but also how to be professional.
Pros
The benefits of working with a great company
Cons
short staffed
Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 7, 2016
Great work...Good place to work but work/life balance is horrible and pay is small, but good first job out of school. Never a dull moment great donors.
Stability
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 27, 2016
This is great if you are looking for a stable entry level job.
decent pay
the most enjoyable part interacting with donors
run run run away
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 19, 2016
Love the donors, they are amazing. Some will lie on you and make you lose your job. Management is some what fair. I say give it a try but don't try tobe friends with anyone. GO to work to WORK
Productive work place with a friendly environment.
Medical Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 2, 2016
A typical work day consists of getting to work around 0730, opening the center at 0800. On average as a LPN I perform about 3 physical exams a day checking HEENT, lung sounds, heart sounds, reflexes as well as administering a urine drug screen to applicant plasma donors. It is my personal goal to perform at least 5 or more physical exams per day. However, the number of physicals performed is determined by the number of applicant donors. Throughout my time with this company I have learned how to effectively communicate with individuals from all areas of life. The management team as well as my co-workers with which I have been working closely with consists of a diverse group of individuals who are able to express their ideas and opinions while also being open minded about the ideas and opinions of others. The hardest and most enjoyable part of this job is the fact that operating procedures are constantly changing so every day is a learning opportunity.
Pros
constant learning oppurtunities, friendly environment, quickly accrued vacation time
Cons
open 7 days a week so it's hard to have company/ staff gatherings to keep up morale

2.6