Talecris Plasma Resources

Talecris Plasma Resources Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great business to get into to begin a phlebotomy career.
Phlebotomist/Trainer (Former Employee), Salem, ORJune 27, 2015
Pros: Work and volume incentives are given often
Cons: On your feet long periods of time
This is a great company to work for. Look forward to rewarding work and gaining new skills in any area of the business.
Busy and fast paced, expect to be on your feet for long periods.
Management implements incentives throughout the month for all to achieve.
Friendly atmosphere, friendly staff and donors
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILJune 19, 2015
Pros: Helping people.
I learn very quickly and had many supervisors comment on that. They would comment on how much quicker it took me to pick up the job than many of the other employees. I would come in the morning and get my work area all set up for the day, grab a donor chart, make sure everything was in their that was supposed to be, and call them into the screening booth. Once in the screening booth I would confirm their identity and take there vitals. Once the vitals were taken, I would have to go through a list of questions of with them, do a finger stick on them to test their Hematocrit and total protein, and then run the centrifuge to get the results. Management was a decent team, the only problems ever faced where when you tried to request a day off. The co-workers were all very friendly and welcomed me into the company with open arms. There wasn't really a hard part of the job and the most enjoyable was helping all of the donors get through the donation process so that they could donate and we could have their plasma for the people who needed the medication that it was going to be made into.
Not a good place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Albany, GAJune 19, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Nasty work environment
Not a good place to work. Management does not know how to be fair and impartial. Allow the donors to control the center and expect you to let them disrespect you and will write you up if you stand up for yourself. Employees who run and lie to management are put on pedestals.
Not a good company
Donor Center Technician (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJune 18, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
The pay is not that great the hours are horrible and you work all holidays thanksgiving included. the drama and gossip is out of control management has no control over there employee
Plasma Resources
Lead Donor Processor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 4, 2015
Pros: Helping people
Cons: Poor management
A typical day at work started calibrating the equipment, and preparing the center to receive new donors.
I learned many interesting things like the plamapheresis process which separated the plasma from the red blood cells, and how to return the red blood cells to the donor.
The management department needs improvement. Needs to learn how not to be biases,
Great co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is to not make mistakes. Every mistake we make is put up on a DTL list.

I love Talecris company. The problem started when they sold the company to Grifols. When that happened they took away perfect attendance money, reduced PTO time and also tooked away quarter bonuses.
Balance is key!
ASSISTANT CENTER MANAGER (Current Employee), Milwaulkee, WIMay 22, 2015
Typical day involves arriving at 6AM and leaving at 6PM or later. I have learned alot in the management program however my current role leaves little room for advancement. My co-workers are awesome put the hardest part of my job is working long hours with 0 validation or reward. If there was a light at the end of the tunnel, maybe the journey wouldnt feel so rough.
Horrible management and very understaffed
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 8, 2015
When I first started working her 2 years ago this was a good job but now with management changing this place has really changed. you are not allowed to get 40 hrs a week, they will send you home or make you take a longer lunch break. Grifols is NOT family orientated. We were forced to work Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, New years eve and New years day. Even if a family member is in the hospital dying or your child is sick with the flu they will count that against you which means no excuse to call in. Nearly all management was grandfathered in so no education to back up their job titles. Every where you go you are going to have to deal with favoritism within the company but this place takes it the extreme. in all not a good place to work for and if applying I would take my application else where. not worth the pay and stress this job may cause
Good
Donor Tech Processor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 24, 2015
Pros: starting salary, diversity, respect
Cons: lazyness, unfairness, too much work for the hardest worker
There is not so many bad things to say about Talecris. For it to be my first job it was amazing and I am very grateful of the co-workers and managers that helped me through it. However, they give you to much work, work that was not in your description -which you should get paid for.
A good place to start!
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 22, 2015
This is a great place to start your career. The donors that come in make it a very interesting job in that your never know whats going to happen that day! I have learned a lot in the short time that I have been with this company but I dont feel that I am able to reach my full potential!
working with donors and co workers
Phlebotomist and Designated trainer (Former Employee), Fridley, MNApril 22, 2015
Had a great time working with co-workers and donors that came in daily bases. Learned how to become a leader in my phlebotomist field and was able to do some management with new phlebotomist. Hardest part of the job was to handle two reactions at one time, meaning if a donor was to get sick. But overall i enjoyed everything that I've worked hard for.
very stressful and unsafe place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), tuscaloosa alApril 10, 2015
this job is unsafe and is very stressful. the donors are very rude and the security gaurds cant even handle them. the workers can also be rude as well. I wouldn't recommend this place
ping pong
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: lunch
Cons: no breaks
it was a place to work for a while and learn a new skill, but i would NEVER EVER work there again. they have some shady stuff going on.
productive, diversity and rewarding.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 2, 2015
Working at Talecris I strived to be more than just a phleb I. I worked hard and moved up to a phleb II , a trainer and later became the lead on the floor! I worked with best co workers and management on a daily . You must have team work inorder to sevice 300-400 donors a day. Hard work pay off!!!
A journey
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 30, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: shortbreaks, no shift, unorganized
While here at this job, a typical day was very busy.. but ive learned through the two years i was there to be patient, the hardest part was getting behind and not able to get caught back up.. so therefore that will leave the employees of the center not geting off and home ontime and being there later then normal.. But overall I was helping save a life, and the more donors i processed the more lives i can saved.. I was happy that i was able to help someone in need, by jus giving otheres my time..
Very fun job
Phlebotomist II, Plasma Processor I (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMarch 20, 2015
Great company, great bonuses, great management. I worked here for a little over two years and loved every aspect of the job. Donor interaction was definitely a huge plus.
Decent compensation package and healthcare package. Extremely tough work environment and Corporate culture.
Center Manager (Current Employee), TexasMarch 16, 2015
Hard and stressful work environment.
Regional and Corporate leadership do not give centers the resources necessary to be successful and then blame the centers. Very adversarial relationship between centers and Corporate/Regional leadership. Lack of trust both directions.
productive and interesting workplace
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee), Lakewood, COMarch 14, 2015
Pros: kind management staff, lots of helpful training, great pay
Cons: hours varied, never went home on time, ran into schedule issues, rude donors, rude new hires, felt like working in a high school with the drama between tehcnicians
Typical day was registering, screening, setting up to plasmapheresis machines, disconnecting from plasmapheresis machines, providing good customer service and following FDA regulations.
great stepping stone to a better career
Donor Technician (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 10, 2015
job opportunities are always available. don't need any education for medical experience. training is available in all areas. hours are flexible.
Great for a steping stone,Just not a career
employee (Current Employee), Atlantic Bch, FLMarch 10, 2015
Pros: get to get a lot of hands on
Cons: advancement is limited
Ive been here some time and Ive learned a lot. However its strictly business all they care about is production. Not the employees, rather, you are sick or in a comma you better come to work or get written up doctor excuse or not. As far as advancement yes you can advance if you are one of the favorites. Who needs to do thing the right way and honestly, when no one notices unless you are a favorite, Nothing you do matters. Oh yea personal life does not exist
Hard work but rewarding
Physician Substitute I (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 2, 2015
Pros: lots of money to be made.
Cons: too many hours to be worked.
Hard work but end product is rewarding. Working 60 to 80 hours per week was just too much with a family. These were required hours at that time and I was unable to do that and resigned for that reason only. Hourly wages were very nice. Management rollover was too much but staff pretty much stayed the same while I was there. Coworkers were for the most part like family and I still go back occasionally and visit. Learned alot while I was there and would not mind working there in the future.

1 2 3 4 5

About Talecris Plasma Resources

Grifols doesn't grimace when it comes to working with blood. The company provides products and services through three primary – Read more