Talecris Plasma Resources

Talecris Plasma Resources Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
working with donors and co workers
Phlebotomist and Designated trainer (Former Employee), Fridley, MNApril 22, 2015
Had a great time working with co-workers and donors that came in daily bases. Learned how to become a leader in my phlebotomist field and was able to do some management with new phlebotomist. Hardest part of the job was to handle two reactions at one time, meaning if a donor was to get sick. But overall i enjoyed everything that I've worked hard for.
very stressful and unsafe place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), tuscaloosa alApril 10, 2015
this job is unsafe and is very stressful. the donors are very rude and the security gaurds cant even handle them. the workers can also be rude as well. I wouldn't recommend this place
ping pong
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: lunch
Cons: no breaks
it was a place to work for a while and learn a new skill, but i would NEVER EVER work there again. they have some shady stuff going on.
productive, diversity and rewarding.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 2, 2015
Working at Talecris I strived to be more than just a phleb I. I worked hard and moved up to a phleb II , a trainer and later became the lead on the floor! I worked with best co workers and management on a daily . You must have team work inorder to sevice 300-400 donors a day. Hard work pay off!!!
A journey
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 30, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: shortbreaks, no shift, unorganized
While here at this job, a typical day was very busy.. but ive learned through the two years i was there to be patient, the hardest part was getting behind and not able to get caught back up.. so therefore that will leave the employees of the center not geting off and home ontime and being there later then normal.. But overall I was helping save a life, and the more donors i processed the more lives i can saved.. I was happy that i was able to help someone in need, by jus giving otheres my time..
Very fun job
Phlebotomist II, Plasma Processor I (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAMarch 20, 2015
Great company, great bonuses, great management. I worked here for a little over two years and loved every aspect of the job. Donor interaction was definitely a huge plus.
Decent compensation package and healthcare package. Extremely tough work environment and Corporate culture.
Center Manager (Current Employee), TexasMarch 16, 2015
Hard and stressful work environment.
Regional and Corporate leadership do not give centers the resources necessary to be successful and then blame the centers. Very adversarial relationship between centers and Corporate/Regional leadership. Lack of trust both directions.
productive and interesting workplace
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee), Lakewood, COMarch 14, 2015
Pros: kind management staff, lots of helpful training, great pay
Cons: hours varied, never went home on time, ran into schedule issues, rude donors, rude new hires, felt like working in a high school with the drama between tehcnicians
Typical day was registering, screening, setting up to plasmapheresis machines, disconnecting from plasmapheresis machines, providing good customer service and following FDA regulations.
great stepping stone to a better career
Donor Technician (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 10, 2015
job opportunities are always available. don't need any education for medical experience. training is available in all areas. hours are flexible.
Great for a steping stone,Just not a career
employee (Current Employee), Atlantic Bch, FLMarch 10, 2015
Pros: get to get a lot of hands on
Cons: advancement is limited
Ive been here some time and Ive learned a lot. However its strictly business all they care about is production. Not the employees, rather, you are sick or in a comma you better come to work or get written up doctor excuse or not. As far as advancement yes you can advance if you are one of the favorites. Who needs to do thing the right way and honestly, when no one notices unless you are a favorite, Nothing you do matters. Oh yea personal life does not exist
Hard work but rewarding
Physician Substitute I (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 2, 2015
Pros: lots of money to be made.
Cons: too many hours to be worked.
Hard work but end product is rewarding. Working 60 to 80 hours per week was just too much with a family. These were required hours at that time and I was unable to do that and resigned for that reason only. Hourly wages were very nice. Management rollover was too much but staff pretty much stayed the same while I was there. Coworkers were for the most part like family and I still go back occasionally and visit. Learned alot while I was there and would not mind working there in the future.
Ups and downs
Phlebotomist/Lab Tech (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 2, 2015
This place is what you make of it. Advancement depends on if they like you or not. Very high paced and stressful. Dealing with the donors attitude is expected but for it to come from coworkers and management makes it harder to deal with.
My staff was awesome when I was working here.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Eugene, ORMarch 1, 2015
Helping others is always what I enjoy and in this environment I could do that 10 fold. The medicine that is made from plasma in amazing.
It was a wonderful time.
plasma
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 6, 2015
It can be a stressful working environment. it is hard working in customer service all day, but there is a lot of opportunity to learn different areas.
No balance
Medical Supervisor Physician Substitute II (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALJanuary 10, 2015
An industry that compensates well because it consumes your life. You have no definite time for clocking out. You are required to miss so much of your life it is very sad. If you have children it is almost impossible to be a parent and work.
Productive, Serious work enviroment
Donor Processor (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2015
Coworkers are like family that get me through the day we have all learned to work as a team, because our days can get very busy.
Get treated like a disposable product
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Fridley, MNDecember 23, 2014
Only good thing was the people I worked with. It was very fast paced with no room for error. You're expected to pick up on things very quickly and if you don't, you're pretty much gone. It's good phlebotomy experience though. Just wish management was more encouraging and spent less time belittling employees.
Productive and fast pace environment
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 15, 2014
Fun place to work,fast pace environment with team work emphasized.
So-So Work Place
Donor Center Specialist (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches on occasions.
Cons: no breaks on 12 hour shifts, management whom will not work with personal lifes.
The job is simple, the customers can be amazing. The corporate employees aswell as the management at the center treat hourly employees poorly. Unable to get a fine balance with four to five 12 hour shifts, a half hour lunch, off days become a actual work day.
productive place to work. over worked and under paid
Donor Processor/Plasma Processor (Former Employee), West, TXNovember 30, 2014
Pros: some co-workers were really nice
Cons: new hires suck they are very unprofessional, people need to mind there own business
Overall this was a great company to work for, management was great, employees all got along well thats why i stayed working there so long. That place is going downhill.. losing so many employees becayse of new hires managers don't see it.

1 2 3 4 5

About Talecris Plasma Resources

Grifols doesn't grimace when it comes to working with blood. The company provides products and services through three primary – Read more