Talecris Plasma Resources

Talecris Plasma Resources Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Grifols is a poor parent company that limits Talecris
Center Manager (Current Employee), Boise, IDJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Hard working employees
Cons: Extremely poor corporate culture and organization
Talecris Biotherapeutics was a great company that is going down hill since being purchased by Grifols. Poor work/life balance, mediocre corporate leadership, poor infrastructure and a poor company vision/identity makes this company a loser.
fast paced with little room for advancement
Donor Center Technician (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 18, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: the negativity shown from management to employees
good moral between employees, management is very demeaning and uses intimidation to control employees, almost no positive reinforcement
Benefits are good
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 17, 2015
Pros: They celebrate your birthday, benefits
Cons: Long hours, never have a steady schedule
You get to meet alot of new people/donors everyday. The atmosphere changes a lot here, it can go from dreadfully slow to standing room only in matter of 30 mins. If you are an individual who cannot adjust quickly to change then this might not be the job for you. At the moment this job does not offer steady work hours meaning your schedule can range from 6am-3pm, 8am-6pm,12pm-9pm all within the same work week. Unless you are attending school you basically will not be granted a set schedule. This is a wonderful job for college students. The benefits this job has to offer are great and the 401k offers matching. There is also tuition reimbursedment depending on your degree of study. They do take the time out to make every employee feel special by celebrating the employee birthdays of every month. My favorite time is the halloween costume contest we have and the winner gets free lunch. Last year it was so hard to choose the winner, so everyone who participated recieved free lunch.
The job is very repetitive but i have learned a lot of new skills
Center medical specialist (Current Employee), Provo UtahJuly 16, 2015
Most day are spent screening people that come into the center to donate. I check their health history and current health status to determine suitability for plasma donation. I also do a lot of paperwork to document findings and record donor health and suitability. This has helped me become detail oriented. I also care for donors that have a reaction which can range from a person vomiting to a donor loosing consciousness. I am especially the Emergency Medical Services on site in the incident that someone needs medical care. The employees are great but we are often understaffed which causes a lot of stress for me and the management team who often time place the productivity before the employees. The management is very fair and understanding but often have a different mindset that has clashed with mine. This however has helped to cope and better adapt to stressful and complicated situations. I have also learned to quickly assess a problem and create a solution to help productivity.
productive, busy place to work.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), anderson, inJuly 12, 2015
Pros: fast pace
Cons: short breaks, long hours
great place to work. not very flexable with hours but great employees everyone works together. Long hours, little pay. Great staff.
busy, busy all day, not much time for fun
Facility Coordinator (Former Employee), Albany, GAJuly 11, 2015
Pros: good pay good benifits bonuses
Cons: no time for lunch or break somedays
Great place to work, but it's a lot of hours and work. Great training and teaching there is no question about how you should preform your job, it's al SOP. A lot of room for pay increases and promotions
Stressful work environment with little appreciation
Donor Center Technician (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Decent benefits
Cons: Closing late on certain days, little conpensation, stressful
Talecris Plasma Resources values its donors over their employees. Understandable considering there wouldn't be a place to work without our donors, however, the lack of appreciation of employees does create a hostile work environment. Constant changes with little communication between managers and employees is a common thing. Understaffed is typical and compensation is really low considering the demands the mangers put on the workers.
poor management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 6, 2015
management is horrible. favoritism. only one decent manager works there. over worked and underpaid. the job itself is easy to learn but management makes that place the worst place to work.
Good place to start for new grads
Plasma Processor (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 27, 2015
Cons: Unprofessional-ism
This place is great if your just starting out and the benefits are great too, but management and some employees are very unprofessional
Great business to get into to begin a phlebotomy career.
Phlebotomist/Trainer (Former Employee), Salem, ORJune 27, 2015
Pros: Work and volume incentives are given often
Cons: On your feet long periods of time
This is a great company to work for. Look forward to rewarding work and gaining new skills in any area of the business.
Busy and fast paced, expect to be on your feet for long periods.
Management implements incentives throughout the month for all to achieve.
Friendly atmosphere, friendly staff and donors
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILJune 19, 2015
Pros: Helping people.
I learn very quickly and had many supervisors comment on that. They would comment on how much quicker it took me to pick up the job than many of the other employees. I would come in the morning and get my work area all set up for the day, grab a donor chart, make sure everything was in their that was supposed to be, and call them into the screening booth. Once in the screening booth I would confirm their identity and take there vitals. Once the vitals were taken, I would have to go through a list of questions of with them, do a finger stick on them to test their Hematocrit and total protein, and then run the centrifuge to get the results. Management was a decent team, the only problems ever faced where when you tried to request a day off. The co-workers were all very friendly and welcomed me into the company with open arms. There wasn't really a hard part of the job and the most enjoyable was helping all of the donors get through the donation process so that they could donate and we could have their plasma for the people who needed the medication that it was going to be made into.
Not a good place to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Albany, GAJune 19, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Nasty work environment
Not a good place to work. Management does not know how to be fair and impartial. Allow the donors to control the center and expect you to let them disrespect you and will write you up if you stand up for yourself. Employees who run and lie to management are put on pedestals.
Not a good company
Donor Center Technician (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJune 18, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
The pay is not that great the hours are horrible and you work all holidays thanksgiving included. the drama and gossip is out of control management has no control over there employee
Plasma Resources
Lead Donor Processor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 4, 2015
Pros: Helping people
Cons: Poor management
A typical day at work started calibrating the equipment, and preparing the center to receive new donors.
I learned many interesting things like the plamapheresis process which separated the plasma from the red blood cells, and how to return the red blood cells to the donor.
The management department needs improvement. Needs to learn how not to be biases,
Great co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is to not make mistakes. Every mistake we make is put up on a DTL list.

I love Talecris company. The problem started when they sold the company to Grifols. When that happened they took away perfect attendance money, reduced PTO time and also tooked away quarter bonuses.
Balance is key!
ASSISTANT CENTER MANAGER (Current Employee), Milwaulkee, WIMay 22, 2015
Typical day involves arriving at 6AM and leaving at 6PM or later. I have learned alot in the management program however my current role leaves little room for advancement. My co-workers are awesome put the hardest part of my job is working long hours with 0 validation or reward. If there was a light at the end of the tunnel, maybe the journey wouldnt feel so rough.
Horrible management and very understaffed
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 8, 2015
When I first started working her 2 years ago this was a good job but now with management changing this place has really changed. you are not allowed to get 40 hrs a week, they will send you home or make you take a longer lunch break. Grifols is NOT family orientated. We were forced to work Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, New years eve and New years day. Even if a family member is in the hospital dying or your child is sick with the flu they will count that against you which means no excuse to call in. Nearly all management was grandfathered in so no education to back up their job titles. Every where you go you are going to have to deal with favoritism within the company but this place takes it the extreme. in all not a good place to work for and if applying I would take my application else where. not worth the pay and stress this job may cause
Good
Donor Tech Processor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 24, 2015
Pros: starting salary, diversity, respect
Cons: lazyness, unfairness, too much work for the hardest worker
There is not so many bad things to say about Talecris. For it to be my first job it was amazing and I am very grateful of the co-workers and managers that helped me through it. However, they give you to much work, work that was not in your description -which you should get paid for.
A good place to start!
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 22, 2015
This is a great place to start your career. The donors that come in make it a very interesting job in that your never know whats going to happen that day! I have learned a lot in the short time that I have been with this company but I dont feel that I am able to reach my full potential!
working with donors and co workers
Phlebotomist and Designated trainer (Former Employee), Fridley, MNApril 22, 2015
Had a great time working with co-workers and donors that came in daily bases. Learned how to become a leader in my phlebotomist field and was able to do some management with new phlebotomist. Hardest part of the job was to handle two reactions at one time, meaning if a donor was to get sick. But overall i enjoyed everything that I've worked hard for.
very stressful and unsafe place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), tuscaloosa alApril 10, 2015
this job is unsafe and is very stressful. the donors are very rude and the security gaurds cant even handle them. the workers can also be rude as well. I wouldn't recommend this place

1 2 3 4 5

About Talecris Plasma Resources

Grifols doesn't grimace when it comes to working with blood. The company provides products and services through three primary – Read more