Talecris Plasma Resources Employee Reviews

Rich in culture, but not much else
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 7, 2016
Talecris is a company that is a part of a larger company called Grifols. Grifols is very rich in the plasma resources culture. The company oozes positive history in all of its training material, which is great. Unfortunately, that is really the only great part of the company. The job life suffers because they impose rules where they can demand you stay many hours after your scheduled end time. The overtime money is decent, but the extended shifts are often due to work not getting done, so the time is spent breaking your back to try and "catch up" because management has a very loose handle on the staff, which often is the cause of getting behind in the first place. Staff members are not disciplined for efficiency issues, which doesn't solve the problem. Benefits are below average for the type of work that is suppose to be government regulated. Menial labor jobs pay slightly less for much less labor performed. This is often a stepping stone for many trying to advance in the medical field. Staff is frequently rotating, which can upset the work flow. Job security is good because the locations are often understaffed, but that is also a negative. Advancement is very difficult as the management doesn't really change much and during the few times where management positions were available, the positions were always filled from outside the location. Training is, simply put, poor. The training coordinator is suppose to be knowledgeable about every position within the company, but willingly chooses to avoid certain areas, resulting in a knowledge deficiency that shows strongest when training  more... new employees in areas she doesn't have proper information to pass along. The staff is not much better. When entering into my new work area, I was told several very different and often wrong ways to do things by different people for work that is suppose to be government regulated. Management knows of these issues, but almost always chooses to look the other way or let employees off with only a verbal warning, even for repeat offenses.  less
Pros
Job security, culture
Cons
Long hours, poor management, poor training, advancement
Overall good place to work
Center Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 1, 2016
Everyday provided a new set of challenges and rewards. A typical day tended to be fairly stressful dealing with the corporate side of the business. Co-workers were the best part of the job.
high stress
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 31, 2016
High stress job with low compensation. work schedule is unpredictable. if hours were stable it might not be a bad place to work,
Busy
Registration Representative/Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  8500 w. Virginia Dallas txWJanuary 16, 2016
I've learned a lot in the plasma industry. It's fast paced very attention to details.I loved working with different walks of life.
Pros
loving to learn what you do in this field
Cons
pay very close attention
Awful
Donor Processor/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 6, 2016
It was awful. Management did not care about the donors or employees and actually asked the employees to stop referring to the donors as "people"
Very Productive Workplace
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 30, 2015
Company has room for advancement within the company. Work environment is good. I've learned what the industry is all about and the help it gives patients who are in need of the medicine made by the donors plasma. The hardest part of the job was knowing that there are a lot of patients relying in the donations of the donors. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing actual patients who receive the medication and the fact that they can live their lives because of every donation.
Pros
Constant employee and donor appreciation days
Cons
Short Breaks due to the volume of donors within the center
Couldn't stand this job!
Screener (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 28, 2015
Always so busy barley had time to breath let alone to take a break or lunch. If we would stop to go get a drink we would get yelled at or maybe it was just at me not sure, one of the reason's I filed a complaint with HR. I did enjoy meeting new people even though I was timed on how long I had them in my booth.
I learned the screening process, I learned about the saftey of not touching bio-hazard material to stay safe.
My co-workers were nice but alot of drama and were all favorites of the boss, i felt it was a racist facility due to those who were white got treated bad, and the others were treated really well.
The hardest part of the job was working almost 12 hours straight and not getting a full lunch and my 2 breaks.
Meeting new people.

The worst part was the way i was let go, this is why i filed with HR i was 4 months pregnant called in because one of my sons had the flu. They stated i called in over 8 times in 3 weeks; if that was the case i would of had excused ones. But even then I wouldn't do that because that isn't me.
Pros
Don't have any
Cons
Raciest
Contest
Donor Processor II/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  californiaDecember 14, 2015
Talecris has been one of the most of the most of the most loving people they are the best company to work for and will enjoy your company if you just go donate.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
I really enjoyed working at Talecris
Senior Contract Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCDecember 8, 2015
Talecris was a great company to work for. Even though I was a contract employee working with the permanent employees was seamless. We all worked as a team, had a good manager, and were able to accomplish positive results.

I was very sad when my division of the company was sold. I was only there a short time but it was a good experience.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
My division of the company was sold and I was laid off
Ok place to work
manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 5, 2015
decent amount of red tape and politics. The job is enjoyable however; too much micro management. There is a lack of growth potential
Pros
compensation
Cons
micro management
Busy
Donor Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 3, 2015
It can be enjoyable working with the donors and sometimes make the time go by faster. With a good management team there could also be good growth and advancement among the line staff with a low turn over rate
Cons
Too many hours for short staff
Donor Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 25, 2015
great work environment, employees are helpful, management is helpful, they really work with your schedule and help you grow and succeed.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun place to work
Quality Associate (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 21, 2015
My job is very exciting, with a supportive management team. I love working with my fellow co workers they are always willing to lend a helping hand, and very caring.
Productive and fast paced environment
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Salem OregonSeptember 30, 2015
Great place to work at with a great staff management. There was a lot of variety in our every day task. The environment itself was enjoyable to work at. Had a lot of time to work and connect with donors. Overall, great experience working there.
Pros
work one-on-one with people, free food
Cons
No parking lot, busy occasionally
Overall it was a poor experience
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 23, 2015
The management was very unorganized. They were often late or absent for work and had no sense of what was going on inside their own organization. Scheduling was unpredictable more often than not you were not relieved at your scheduled time or a new schedule would be made at the last possible moment
Always busy
Donor Processor (Current Employee) –  Fridley, MNSeptember 17, 2015
This company if always busy on the weekend. In a way it's not really a bad place to work because some staff is very helpfully when you needed help. Life working as a plasma center is much harder than you think it is. There are time when you want to quit and their are time that you don't want to quit. To me it's like a stepping stone for your career.
Pros
staff are great
Cons
n/a
Fast paced job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2015
The plasma center I worked at was fast paced and there was never a dull moment. From a variety of donors and co-workers, everyday was something different.
somewhat satisfied.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZSeptember 7, 2015
working for talecris plasma was a good place to learn phlebotomy but not somewhere I would want to stay long term working with some coworkers were not that great they all get in there own cliqs at least the plasma center I worked at
Pros
great place to gain experiance
Cons
working with some coworkers
producrive
Quality Assurance Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 2, 2015
Good job to have good benefits great experience working with donors and employees. I love the enviroment. Highest paying plasma center in Charlotte.
Daily productive workplace
Donor Processor (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 2, 2015
Everyday is a different day when it comes to customer service at the Plasma Center. I have learned to be very patient and make very little errors. Management there is over rated and could be under more structural discipline. My co-workers work very hard at the task that is given. We all try to come together and get things done so we all can go home in a timely manner. There is no hard part of the job because I am well trained in my areas. The most enjoyable part is when I'm working with a great team whether is opening or closing.