Talecris Plasma Resources Employee Reviews

hectic
Center Medical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Morris, MI14 January 2017
This is a very busy fast paced business. A typical day is very busy working with people that are underpaid with clients that are also stressed and tired. I learned that I have some OCD problems about files being returned to the right place. The hardest part of the job is turning people away that desperately need the money they would have received if they could have donated. I enjoy knowing that I am helping get the portion of the plasma to help save lives.
Pros
Saving lives
Cons
working with stressed clients
Busy, fast-paced work environment.
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN1 November 2016
If you're customer-focused and you enjoy keeping busy during work, this would be a suitable job for you! You also get to build great bonds with donors, whether it's around the center, while you're on the donation bed, or in the screening booths (depending on your position). Although it may be occasionally short staffed, from start to finish of your shift, you will most definitely have a strong and supporting team of co-workers along with an efficient management team as well!
Very busy. Bust your Bum kind of place.
CMA/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC19 September 2016
Management did not care about what was happing on the floor. They only cared about the numbers. They co workers were to lax about what came out of their mouths on the floor. The floor supervisor was the worst of them all.
The best part was the quarterly money. That was nice. Need to be more professional. I heard the new management might be better..
Pros
You can develop freindships with the donors
Cons
Very Crude language is used in that place on the floor.
More mental than physical
Center Medical Specialist and Alternate Leadership (Current Employee) –  Rockford, IL12 September 2016
As a Center Medical Specialist, the job can be mentally stressful. There are a lot of little issues that only CMS's can deal with. The CMS must be the jack of all trades. On the other hand, the job is mentally rewarding. Knowing that you are doing something for people that no medicine in the world can help; you feel very proud of yourself. The pay is on the low side. The benefits are good.

I also serve as alternate leadership. Although I always felt management was over the top, as an alternate leadership, I understand why.
Was an absolute pleasure to work there!
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OR10 September 2016
I really enjoyed working there! I have rarely seen (at other places I have worked) supervisors and managers pitch right in and help all of the employees to keep things running smoothly like the ones at Talecris! I loved my co-workers and I loved the donors! I had a fabulous experience working there! :)
Pros
They are eager to train and educate and advancement is very possible for everyone.
Cons
Really early staff meetings and high turn over rate.
Fun workplace
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TX10 January 2017
It was a very fun workplace, co-workers are amazing, management was understand when you couldn't make it into work most of the time, the work environment was fast paced so time passed by fast, the job training was fast and fun.
Pros
Free lunches on some occasions.
Cons
Short lunch breaks or breaks in general.
Good Place that Promotes Growth
Donor Center Technician/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI24 August 2016
Making sure that donor are satsfiy and know that the company is about saving someone lives ... We appericate our donor very much and to show our apperciated we always have raffles and give aways prizes monthy,,, Being a donor go so much then just donationg some is able to be here another day
Not a good work environment.
Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL4 December 2016
Day to day processes highly over micro managed. Inconsistent daily managing of employees and policies. Very unprofessional leadership team. Line staff need work on customer service skills and professionalism.
Worst place ever
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OH15 July 2016
I started in October of 2015. I quit May 2, 2016 and walking out, I still wasn't fully trained. I was supposed to be trained and signed off by January of 2016 so I could receive my raise. I was working full time hours but wasn't receiving benefits because they had me as part time ob paper. The assistant manager, who was an entire issue in and if herself, was supposed to had submitted that paper work in January.The schedule was always late coming out. I have to call in my hours to my day care by 12p on Fridays. In fact the week U quit I didn't have day care that week kuz they put the schedule out late. I almost lost my day care because I never got off on time. Breaks? Whats that lol . I would rather try to make it off of $475 a month cash assistance than work there.

They will be closing once cls open...watch
Pros
Lol
Cons
long hours and hectic schedule changes randomly
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TX12 July 2016
The job is not hard, but the work expected out of one individual is a bit over the top. expect for schedule fluctuations every week. Management is as expected, very SOP oriented, as long as you do your job there is no problems. lots of drama throughout center.
Pros
1 hr. lunch, two 15 min breaks
Cons
drama, time scheduele fluctuates
Co-Workers
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX29 November 2016
Talecris was a very busy environment yet enjoyable at the same time. A new and different experience and I loved every minute. My co-workers were just always willing to help and that made the job easier.
Great atmosphere!
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC10 June 2016
A typical work day at Talcris Plasma Resources was interesting. You have many different personalities. The Donors are what kept you going on a daily basis. They were friendly and we all enjoyed the company of one another. My job was to make them feel at home and appreciated. I would get their vitals, perform acupunctures for Blood Glucose testing, check the protein, and document information given.The co-workers and management all supported one another and demonstrated how to be fun, but also how to be professional.
Pros
The benefits of working with a great company
Cons
short staffed
product driven
Center Medical Specialist -Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZ2 January 2017
high stress, product driven facility. Tough to manage family life, school, social activities with this job and its hours. weekends and holidays are required.
Great job environment
Lead Plasma Processor (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TX14 November 2016
Processing all plasma products in a timely manner. Paying out donors learned a lot at this position. Co-workers wear always a team players. I really enjoyed my job
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Hours
Productive and fun professional work place.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH19 September 2016
A typical day working at Telacris Plasma was not always easy. The co-workers that I had were easy to get along with. Everyone was very much down to earth, and tried to have other have a wonderful days as well. I love the management. You could always go to them and fix mostly anything and everything. I think a manager who cares, and shows that they care about their employees are the best. I think that if we didn't have such a grate manager, most of us wouldn't feel like it was team work. The hardest part about of my job was when we were not adequately staffed. There is to always be six Donors to every one Phlebotomist, and most of the time we had to keep our eyes on, not just more then six donors, but six different machine. The most enjoyable part about my job was knowing that with each and every plasma donation coming in, I was helping and saving someones life. There's nothing more rewarding then feeling wonderful for helping a stranger.
Pros
Head strong co-workers and management
Cons
Not adequately staffed.
Staff are not friendly and very pushy
Center Medical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC25 November 2016
the staff and management are very critical even down to wether you wear make up or not. They do not teach you the job well, but then expect you to do it well.
Fun working with them!!!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC3 January 2017
I had alot of Fun working with the staff, of Talecris plasma resources we treat each other like a family, everyone was nice.
I miss working in Talecris plasma resources,
Was a hard job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ6 October 2016
The job was hard, the pay was not great and the workplace was a little dangerous. I had to get escorted to my care some times because donors were angry that they didn't get paid.
benefits
Cons
low pay, dangerous
Great job
New Center Development Training Lead (Former Employee) –  RTP, NC9 December 2016
Great job lots of advancement great management great pay I traveled all over the country opening new plasma centers home every weekend
Pros
Advancement
Love helping the elderly with everyday things.
Donor Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MI10 July 2016
Not paid enough for the responsibilities. Very rewarding taking care of the elderly. Make a lot of friends. Hear lots of neat stories from your elders. Can get attached to people and then they may pass away. But it is nice that you can be a part of their life.

2.6