Talecris Plasma Resources Employee Reviews

Worst place ever
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OH15 July 2016
I started in October of 2015. I quit May 2, 2016 and walking out, I still wasn't fully trained. I was supposed to be trained and signed off by January of 2016 so I could receive my raise. I was working full time hours but wasn't receiving benefits because they had me as part time ob paper. The assistant manager, who was an entire issue in and if herself, was supposed to had submitted that paper work in January.The schedule was always late coming out. I have to call in my hours to my day care by 12p on Fridays. In fact the week U quit I didn't have day care that week kuz they put the schedule out late. I almost lost my day care because I never got off on time. Breaks? Whats that lol . I would rather try to make it off of $475 a month cash assistance than work there.

They will be closing once cls open...watch
Pros
Lol
More mental than physical
Center Medical Specialist and Alternate Leadership (Current Employee) –  Rockford, IL12 September 2016
As a Center Medical Specialist, the job can be mentally stressful. There are a lot of little issues that only CMS's can deal with. The CMS must be the jack of all trades. On the other hand, the job is mentally rewarding. Knowing that you are doing something for people that no medicine in the world can help; you feel very proud of yourself. The pay is on the low side. The benefits are good.

I also serve as alternate leadership. Although I always felt management was over the top, as an alternate leadership, I understand why.
Donor Center Tech, Phlebotemist
Donor Center Technician II/Designated Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OH27 June 2016
This company is awful!!! Management is the worst!!! They don't even have any medical knowledge!!! Low pay, no breaks unless you are slow, high turnover rate, advancement takes forever, favoritism beyond belief, unqualified people get advanced over more qualified people, the most stressful place I ever worked!!! When I first started there it was good but got worse over time with personnel changes in management. The donors can be very rude at times and management expects you to take it without reacting at all!! The coworkers were good overall but it is a cut throat environment and you have to watch what you say to some people or the rumors will fly and you will be told on to management. Alot of backstabbing and brown nosing. If you want to work somewhere that is very stressful for little pay then this is the job for you!!!!
Pros
decent benefits overall for full time staff, good place to learn some basic medical skills if you don't have any medical experience.
Cons
management, stressful, low pay, no breaks, no social life
Great atmosphere!
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC10 June 2016
A typical work day at Talcris Plasma Resources was interesting. You have many different personalities. The Donors are what kept you going on a daily basis. They were friendly and we all enjoyed the company of one another. My job was to make them feel at home and appreciated. I would get their vitals, perform acupunctures for Blood Glucose testing, check the protein, and document information given.The co-workers and management all supported one another and demonstrated how to be fun, but also how to be professional.
Pros
The benefits of working with a great company
Cons
short staffed
A every demanding Job
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, IL11 July 2016
A typical day at Talecis is you come into work and are bombarded with employees and donors complaining about breaks to I did not get my money on my card. You do not have anytime to completed your daily tasks because you are puttig out fires from left to right. You are always babysitting the staff, if they show up for work. The staff there is poorly managed they can come and go as the please. There is favoritism between management and staff. The staff can wear whatever they want eventhough the dress code is scrubs. You get cussed out by employees and donors daily. Then there is nothing done about it. Management is always late or never at the center. There is a high turn over rate at Talecris they can never keep employees. It is a high stressed job and you are always busy doing the same thing over and over again. The hardest part of the job is dealing with reataliation from the staff. The most enjoyable part is talking to all different sort of life and actually making medicine to help the ill. Therefore, there are more bad days then good. If you want to be sourrounded by positive people, I would not work here because there are only a few positive people This place is more negative that it is positive.
Pros
Benefits and PTO
Cons
Negative, Poor managment, and very stressful
Was a hard job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ6 October 2016
The job was hard, the pay was not great and the workplace was a little dangerous. I had to get escorted to my care some times because donors were angry that they didn't get paid.
benefits
Cons
low pay, dangerous
Should pay more than it does
Plasma Processor/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LA Alexandria, La17 February 2016
The biomedical company can afford to pay more than it does, after all you are dealing with someones life on a daily basis. If the ompany cuts out the need for all the micromanagement, it would become a better work enviroment. you will met many people and you will have good and bad days, but its overall okay. you will get free lunch atleast once a week, and contests are always being held.
Pros
free food, overtime pay, advancement if you have any college degree, advancement without a college degree, free college tution after a year, great insurance/benefits
Cons
overtime pay should be regular pay, if certified in another position, cannot take the work experience elsewhere, work hours
Productive and fun professional work place.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH19 September 2016
A typical day working at Telacris Plasma was not always easy. The co-workers that I had were easy to get along with. Everyone was very much down to earth, and tried to have other have a wonderful days as well. I love the management. You could always go to them and fix mostly anything and everything. I think a manager who cares, and shows that they care about their employees are the best. I think that if we didn't have such a grate manager, most of us wouldn't feel like it was team work. The hardest part about of my job was when we were not adequately staffed. There is to always be six Donors to every one Phlebotomist, and most of the time we had to keep our eyes on, not just more then six donors, but six different machine. The most enjoyable part about my job was knowing that with each and every plasma donation coming in, I was helping and saving someones life. There's nothing more rewarding then feeling wonderful for helping a stranger.
Pros
Head strong co-workers and management
Cons
Not adequately staffed.
Busy, fast-paced work environment.
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN1 November 2016
If you're customer-focused and you enjoy keeping busy during work, this would be a suitable job for you! You also get to build great bonds with donors, whether it's around the center, while you're on the donation bed, or in the screening booths (depending on your position). Although it may be occasionally short staffed, from start to finish of your shift, you will most definitely have a strong and supporting team of co-workers along with an efficient management team as well!
Was an absolute pleasure to work there!
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OR10 September 2016
I really enjoyed working there! I have rarely seen (at other places I have worked) supervisors and managers pitch right in and help all of the employees to keep things running smoothly like the ones at Talecris! I loved my co-workers and I loved the donors! I had a fabulous experience working there! :)
Pros
They are eager to train and educate and advancement is very possible for everyone.
Cons
Really early staff meetings and high turn over rate.
Very busy. Bust your Bum kind of place.
CMA/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC19 September 2016
Management did not care about what was happing on the floor. They only cared about the numbers. They co workers were to lax about what came out of their mouths on the floor. The floor supervisor was the worst of them all.
The best part was the quarterly money. That was nice. Need to be more professional. I heard the new management might be better..
Pros
You can develop freindships with the donors
Cons
Very Crude language is used in that place on the floor.
long hours and hectic schedule changes randomly
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TX12 July 2016
The job is not hard, but the work expected out of one individual is a bit over the top. expect for schedule fluctuations every week. Management is as expected, very SOP oriented, as long as you do your job there is no problems. lots of drama throughout center.
Pros
1 hr. lunch, two 15 min breaks
Cons
drama, time scheduele fluctuates
high stress
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OH31 January 2016
High stress job with low compensation. work schedule is unpredictable. if hours were stable it might not be a bad place to work,
Rich in culture, but not much else
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC7 February 2016
Talecris is a company that is a part of a larger company called Grifols. Grifols is very rich in the plasma resources culture. The company oozes positive history in all of its training material, which is great. Unfortunately, that is really the only great part of the company. The job life suffers because they impose rules where they can demand you stay many hours after your scheduled end time. The overtime money is decent, but the extended shifts are often due to work not getting done, so the time is spent breaking your back to try and "catch up" because management has a very loose handle on the staff, which often is the cause of getting behind in the first place. Staff members are not disciplined for efficiency issues, which doesn't solve the problem. Benefits are below average for the type of work that is suppose to be government regulated. Menial labor jobs pay slightly less for much less labor performed. This is often a stepping stone for many trying to advance in the medical field. Staff is frequently rotating, which can upset the work flow. Job security is good because the locations are often understaffed, but that is also a negative. Advancement is very difficult as the management doesn't really change much and during the few times where management positions were available, the positions were always filled from outside the location. Training is, simply put, poor. The training coordinator is suppose to be knowledgeable about every position within the company, but willingly chooses to avoid certain areas, resulting in a knowledge deficiency that shows strongest when training  more... new employees in areas she doesn't have proper information to pass along. The staff is not much better. When entering into my new work area, I was told several very different and often wrong ways to do things by different people for work that is suppose to be government regulated. Management knows of these issues, but almost always chooses to look the other way or let employees off with only a verbal warning, even for repeat offenses.  less
Pros
Job security, culture
Cons
Long hours, poor management, poor training, advancement
Don't even bother
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FL18 October 2016
Poor Management, if any. They try to fire you by changing your hours to God-awful hours, on God awful days and nights.
Closes only on X-Mas and New Years day
Pros
Cons
the entire place
Staff are not friendly and very pushy
Center Medical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC25 November 2016
the staff and management are very critical even down to wether you wear make up or not. They do not teach you the job well, but then expect you to do it well.
Good place
Quality Associate (Current Employee) –  Akron, OH23 September 2016
This was a good job coming out of college. Its good company to work for that has a great deal of job security. There are a lot of friendly people.
Benefits are good
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC17 July 2015
You get to meet alot of new people/donors everyday. The atmosphere changes a lot here, it can go from dreadfully slow to standing room only in matter of 30 mins. If you are an individual who cannot adjust quickly to change then this might not be the job for you. At the moment this job does not offer steady work hours meaning your schedule can range from 6am-3pm, 8am-6pm,12pm-9pm all within the same work week. Unless you are attending school you basically will not be granted a set schedule. This is a wonderful job for college students. The benefits this job has to offer are great and the 401k offers matching. There is also tuition reimbursedment depending on your degree of study. They do take the time out to make every employee feel special by celebrating the employee birthdays of every month. My favorite time is the halloween costume contest we have and the winner gets free lunch. Last year it was so hard to choose the winner, so everyone who participated recieved free lunch.
Pros
They celebrate your birthday, benefits
Cons
Long hours, never have a steady schedule
Everyday was a new adventure.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MN1 September 2015
This is fast paced and requires attention to detail. Most of the time we were understaffed and starting pay was low. You'll have to deal with conflict resolution on a daily basis. When revised SOP's or new trainings occurred the implantation was poor since it was done via conference call with hundreds of employees causing many interruptions and background noise. Employee turnover was 80-90 percent a year on a normal basis.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Upper Management
Good Place that Promotes Growth
Donor Center Technician/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI24 August 2016
Making sure that donor are satsfiy and know that the company is about saving someone lives ... We appericate our donor very much and to show our apperciated we always have raffles and give aways prizes monthy,,, Being a donor go so much then just donationg some is able to be here another day

2.6