Talecris Plasma Resources Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Stability
Plasma Processor (Current Employee), Glendale, AZApril 27, 2016
This is great if you are looking for a stable entry level job.
decent pay
the most enjoyable part interacting with donors
run run run away
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee), Peoria, ILApril 19, 2016
Love the donors, they are amazing. Some will lie on you and make you lose your job. Management is some what fair. I say give it a try but don't try tobe friends with anyone. GO to work to WORK
Could be better
Plasma Processor (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAMarch 17, 2016
Pros: Learning on the job
Cons: Pay
An enjoyable job, but needed professional management of other employees who were not professional. It also depended on who you had to deal with (managers). During a typical day you may collect hundreds of plasma samples for testing (which I learned on the job). Chart reviewing. Worst part about the job was going in the freezer to search for samples not viable for shipment. Pay was by no means livable ($9.98\hr), and not guaranteed 40 hours a week. So getting paid every two weeks was a stretch. Most co-workers were great. Corporate was not helpful with unprofessional nurse who messed me around when I became injured on the job.
great skill building job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 1, 2016
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
it was a great job to perfect your skills as a phlebotomists and will open your eyes to office politics due to how everyone is out for self and management only deals with the women who flirt with him
Was able to meet new people, big enjoyment.
Screener (Former Employee), Columbus, GA 31903February 19, 2016
The management was horrible, I was treated bad wouldn't want to work with this company again unless it was a whole new management team.
Should pay more than it does
Plasma Processor/Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Monroe, LA Alexandria, LaFebruary 17, 2016
Pros: free food, overtime pay, advancement if you have any college degree, advancement without a college degree, free college tution after a year, great insurance/benefits
Cons: overtime pay should be regular pay, if certified in another position, cannot take the work experience elsewhere, work hours
The biomedical company can afford to pay more than it does, after all you are dealing with someones life on a daily basis. If the ompany cuts out the need for all the micromanagement, it would become a better work enviroment. you will met many people and you will have good and bad days, but its overall okay. you will get free lunch atleast once a week, and contests are always being held.
Very Good Learning Enviroment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 9, 2016
Working here was a great learning experience. The reps in other departments didn't mind sharing the knowledge of their positions. A lot of room for growth in the company.
Rich in culture, but not much else
Plasma Processor (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: Job security, culture
Cons: Long hours, poor management, poor training, advancement
Talecris is a company that is a part of a larger company called Grifols. Grifols is very rich in the plasma resources culture. The company oozes positive history in all of its training material, which is great. Unfortunately, that is really the only great part of the company. The job life suffers because they impose rules where they can demand you stay many hours after your scheduled end time. The overtime money is decent, but the extended shifts are often due to work not getting done, so the time is spent breaking your back to try and "catch up" because management has a very loose handle on the staff, which often is the cause of getting behind in the first place. Staff members are not disciplined for efficiency issues, which doesn't solve the problem. Benefits are below average for the type of work that is suppose to be government regulated. Menial labor jobs pay slightly less for much less labor performed. This is often a stepping stone for many trying to advance in the medical field. Staff is frequently rotating, which can upset the work flow. Job security is good because the locations are often understaffed, but that is also a negative. Advancement is very difficult as the management doesn't really change much and during the few times where management positions were available, the positions were always filled from outside the location. Training is, simply put, poor. The training coordinator is suppose to be knowledgeable about every position within the company, but willingly chooses to avoid certain areas, resulting in a knowledge deficiency that shows strongest when training – more... new employees in areas she doesn't have proper information to pass along. The staff is not much better. When entering into my new work area, I was told several very different and often wrong ways to do things by different people for work that is suppose to be government regulated. Management knows of these issues, but almost always chooses to look the other way or let employees off with only a verbal warning, even for repeat offenses. – less
Overall good place to work
Center Quality Manager (Former Employee), Salem, ORFebruary 1, 2016
Everyday provided a new set of challenges and rewards. A typical day tended to be fairly stressful dealing with the corporate side of the business. Co-workers were the best part of the job.
high stress
Quality Manager (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 31, 2016
High stress job with low compensation. work schedule is unpredictable. if hours were stable it might not be a bad place to work,
Busy
Registration Representative/Donor Processor (Former Employee), 8500 w. Virginia Dallas txWJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: loving to learn what you do in this field
Cons: pay very close attention
I've learned a lot in the plasma industry. It's fast paced very attention to details.I loved working with different walks of life.
Awful
Donor Processor/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Salem, ORJanuary 6, 2016
It was awful. Management did not care about the donors or employees and actually asked the employees to stop referring to the donors as "people"
Very Productive Workplace
Training Coordinator (Former Employee), McAllen, TXDecember 30, 2015
Pros: Constant employee and donor appreciation days
Cons: Short Breaks due to the volume of donors within the center
Company has room for advancement within the company. Work environment is good. I've learned what the industry is all about and the help it gives patients who are in need of the medicine made by the donors plasma. The hardest part of the job was knowing that there are a lot of patients relying in the donations of the donors. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing actual patients who receive the medication and the fact that they can live their lives because of every donation.
Couldn't stand this job!
Screener (Former Employee), Columbus, GADecember 28, 2015
Pros: Don't have any
Cons: Raciest
Always so busy barley had time to breath let alone to take a break or lunch. If we would stop to go get a drink we would get yelled at or maybe it was just at me not sure, one of the reason's I filed a complaint with HR. I did enjoy meeting new people even though I was timed on how long I had them in my booth.
I learned the screening process, I learned about the saftey of not touching bio-hazard material to stay safe.
My co-workers were nice but alot of drama and were all favorites of the boss, i felt it was a racist facility due to those who were white got treated bad, and the others were treated really well.
The hardest part of the job was working almost 12 hours straight and not getting a full lunch and my 2 breaks.
Meeting new people.

The worst part was the way i was let go, this is why i filed with HR i was 4 months pregnant called in because one of my sons had the flu. They stated i called in over 8 times in 3 weeks; if that was the case i would of had excused ones. But even then I wouldn't do that because that isn't me.
Contest
Donor Processor II/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), californiaDecember 14, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Talecris has been one of the most of the most of the most loving people they are the best company to work for and will enjoy your company if you just go donate.
I really enjoyed working at Talecris
Senior Contract Recruiter (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCDecember 8, 2015
Pros: Great Management
Cons: My division of the company was sold and I was laid off
Talecris was a great company to work for. Even though I was a contract employee working with the permanent employees was seamless. We all worked as a team, had a good manager, and were able to accomplish positive results.

I was very sad when my division of the company was sold. I was only there a short time but it was a good experience.
Ok place to work
manager (Current Employee), IllinoisNovember 5, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: micro management
decent amount of red tape and politics. The job is enjoyable however; too much micro management. There is a lack of growth potential
Busy
Donor Center Specialist (Current Employee), Albany, GANovember 3, 2015
Cons: Too many hours for short staff
It can be enjoyable working with the donors and sometimes make the time go by faster. With a good management team there could also be good growth and advancement among the line staff with a low turn over rate
n/a
Donor Center Technician (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 25, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
great work environment, employees are helpful, management is helpful, they really work with your schedule and help you grow and succeed.
Productive and fun place to work
Quality Associate (Current Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 21, 2015
My job is very exciting, with a supportive management team. I love working with my fellow co workers they are always willing to lend a helping hand, and very caring.