Talecris Plasma Resources Employee Reviews

this was a fun workplace
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC17 February 2017
checking in patients making sure that they receive there appointments. taking there vitals to make sure that they were eligible for donation. Communicating with all management staff to ensure best results.
very unorganized
Lead Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MI8 February 2017
a typical day at work was very busy and stressful
i learned a lot about myself as a phlebotomist and learned a lot about the plasma donation process
the hardest part of this job was getting along with coworkers
not a fun place to work
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN8 February 2017
talecris is gives you the ability to interact with the public and build relationships, but they dont pay real well, and expect a lot of work out of you.
Productive, Low Wages
Phlebotomist/Designated Trainer (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR17 January 2017
I was lucky to have such great management. It was the only reason I worked there for two years. The hours can be long, the wages are artifically low. However, there is room for growth for those without education.
Pros
Great entry-level healthcare experience
Cons
Wages, opportunity for educated growth
hectic
Center Medical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Morris, MI14 January 2017
This is a very busy fast paced business. A typical day is very busy working with people that are underpaid with clients that are also stressed and tired. I learned that I have some OCD problems about files being returned to the right place. The hardest part of the job is turning people away that desperately need the money they would have received if they could have donated. I enjoy knowing that I am helping get the portion of the plasma to help save lives.
Pros
Saving lives
Cons
working with stressed clients
Fun workplace
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TX10 January 2017
It was a very fun workplace, co-workers are amazing, management was understand when you couldn't make it into work most of the time, the work environment was fast paced so time passed by fast, the job training was fast and fun.
Pros
Free lunches on some occasions.
Cons
Short lunch breaks or breaks in general.
Fun working with them!!!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC3 January 2017
I had alot of Fun working with the staff, of Talecris plasma resources we treat each other like a family, everyone was nice.
I miss working in Talecris plasma resources,
product driven
Center Medical Specialist -Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZ2 January 2017
high stress, product driven facility. Tough to manage family life, school, social activities with this job and its hours. weekends and holidays are required.
Great job
New Center Development Training Lead (Former Employee) –  RTP, NC9 December 2016
Great job lots of advancement great management great pay I traveled all over the country opening new plasma centers home every weekend
Pros
Advancement
Loved my job there
Donor Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL 616044 December 2016
This is an amazing company! The best part of working there was all the different types of people we would meet everyday. The actual job was always the same, but it was never the same day twice. I was constantly learning new things everyday. I started out screening donors. Which is where we would obtain vital signs, weight, total protein, hematocrit, ask health history questions, and approve donor for a donation. If everything passed the donor would then go to the donor floor to donate plasma. On the donor floor I learned how to set the PCS2 machine for a donation, prep the donors VP site with iodine and then preform the needle stick. After the donor finished their donation I would then disconnect the donor from the PCS2 machine by taking the needle out of their arm wrap their arm while giving end of donation instructions and take the plasma bottle to the lab to be processed after I placed all the bio-hazardous material into a bio-hazard bin. I also learned how to process the plasma bottles after collection, and the process of shipping plasma. My job there was simple. Help out any and all areas so the donation process went smooth for the donors.
Pros
getting to know every donor who walked through the door.
Not a good work environment.
Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL4 December 2016
Day to day processes highly over micro managed. Inconsistent daily managing of employees and policies. Very unprofessional leadership team. Line staff need work on customer service skills and professionalism.
Co-Workers
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX29 November 2016
Talecris was a very busy environment yet enjoyable at the same time. A new and different experience and I loved every minute. My co-workers were just always willing to help and that made the job easier.
Staff are not friendly and very pushy
Center Medical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC25 November 2016
the staff and management are very critical even down to wether you wear make up or not. They do not teach you the job well, but then expect you to do it well.
Great job environment
Lead Plasma Processor (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TX14 November 2016
Processing all plasma products in a timely manner. Paying out donors learned a lot at this position. Co-workers wear always a team players. I really enjoyed my job
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Hours
Busy, fast-paced work environment.
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN1 November 2016
If you're customer-focused and you enjoy keeping busy during work, this would be a suitable job for you! You also get to build great bonds with donors, whether it's around the center, while you're on the donation bed, or in the screening booths (depending on your position). Although it may be occasionally short staffed, from start to finish of your shift, you will most definitely have a strong and supporting team of co-workers along with an efficient management team as well!
Don't even bother
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Beach, FL18 October 2016
Poor Management, if any. They try to fire you by changing your hours to God-awful hours, on God awful days and nights.
Closes only on X-Mas and New Years day
Pros
Cons
the entire place
Was a hard job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ6 October 2016
The job was hard, the pay was not great and the workplace was a little dangerous. I had to get escorted to my care some times because donors were angry that they didn't get paid.
benefits
Cons
low pay, dangerous
Good place
Quality Associate (Current Employee) –  Akron, OH23 September 2016
This was a good job coming out of college. Its good company to work for that has a great deal of job security. There are a lot of friendly people.
Very busy. Bust your Bum kind of place.
CMA/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC19 September 2016
Management did not care about what was happing on the floor. They only cared about the numbers. They co workers were to lax about what came out of their mouths on the floor. The floor supervisor was the worst of them all.
The best part was the quarterly money. That was nice. Need to be more professional. I heard the new management might be better..
Pros
You can develop freindships with the donors
Cons
Very Crude language is used in that place on the floor.
Productive and fun professional work place.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH19 September 2016
A typical day working at Telacris Plasma was not always easy. The co-workers that I had were easy to get along with. Everyone was very much down to earth, and tried to have other have a wonderful days as well. I love the management. You could always go to them and fix mostly anything and everything. I think a manager who cares, and shows that they care about their employees are the best. I think that if we didn't have such a grate manager, most of us wouldn't feel like it was team work. The hardest part about of my job was when we were not adequately staffed. There is to always be six Donors to every one Phlebotomist, and most of the time we had to keep our eyes on, not just more then six donors, but six different machine. The most enjoyable part about my job was knowing that with each and every plasma donation coming in, I was helping and saving someones life. There's nothing more rewarding then feeling wonderful for helping a stranger.
Pros
Head strong co-workers and management
Cons
Not adequately staffed.

2.6