Talbots Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, bcApril 21, 2015
Pros: Great work life balance
Cons: Career advancement is limited
The culture at Talbots under the management at the time, was one of openness, collaboration and team spirit. Although i was one of the younger staff, it did not hinder the interaction we had with eachother. There was respect and a willingness to help one another be and remain productive.

The enjoyable part of the job was the team. I thoroughly enjoyed working with these women who had variations of enviable sales skills. I learnt a lot from them.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of career advancement. Hopefully, in time, it will change.
Top of the line product and customer service
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONDecember 15, 2014
Great environment, staff and customers. Personalized service for the customers gives the exclusive Talbots experience.
Sell nice clothes to nice ladies and get a nice discount
Part-time Sales Associate/Interim Key Holder (Current Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJuly 1, 2014
Management issues in general not just within the store Really like the product

Flexible hours are great
Love all the beautifull fashion clothing
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), etobicokeNovember 18, 2013
Pros: great discount
Cons: long hours
sales, merchandising, inventory, customer service, managing staff and meeting sale quota's .
Very Few Perks To Keep Me Around
part time sales associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaSeptember 24, 2012
Working at Talbots is like working at any overpriced clothing store, I guess. A typical day includes an intense amount of sucking up to clients, attempting to boost egos in order for a sale and acting as a human shopping cart because they can't possibly hold their own clothes. Heaven forbid. Although as sales associates we need to be almost overbearing and overly involved in every aspect of a customer's experience, the pay definitely does not reflect those added duties. Management switched a few times, going from good to bad over the time I was there all for the sake of a dollar. The most enjoyable part was probably the other sales associates; I've definitely made good friends with a few good girls. Other than that, all the brown nosing, minimal benefits and unrealistic sales expectations were just not for me.