Talascend

Talascend Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Don't work for them
Plumber (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MISeptember 12, 2014
Don't work for this company. They will get you a job that is just contract and the employer can cancel it without telling you and then you'll be with out a job again!
About the compny
Administration Receptionist / Librarian (Current Employee), Theodore, ALAugust 28, 2014
They found me a good job just no management and not great benefits
They Provided me with a temporary assignment with Bechtel Corporation. The job was steady and busy so the days went by fast.
Records Information Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Glendale, AZAugust 14, 2014
A typical day of work consisted of meeting with the group and getting a daily update if there was one. Being a RIM Coordinator is a team function and is broken down into 4 rotations. The rotations are all based on the order of prioritizing, the most important documents would get scanned or imported into the electronic data base first. The team helped – more... me learn all my duties such as printing checks, scanning and importing documents, indexing, batching invoices, sorting mail, how to keep inventory and more. All of my co- workers were very friendly and helpful, I never felt intimidated to ask any of them a question. There was not a hard part about my job because my team members made sure I understood my duties and helped me succeed in my work role. The part of the job I enjoyed most was being able to be apart of a team and working with my co-workers instead of being individualized. – less
just a number
Field Supervisor (Current Employee), Frederick, MDJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: talascend offers ot and accumulated personnal time
Cons: no follow up
Staffing Agency. Contracted to Bechtel Coomunication which dictates daily routine
Great place to work. Peers are intelegent and highly motivated to complete work safely and on schedule.
Field Coordinator (Former Employee), Anywhere USADecember 5, 2013
A typical day was spent reviewing customer needs followed by a plan to accomplish necessary tasks associted with an end product. Material had to be ordered and contractors hired. Work with federal, state and local jurisdictions to make sure all permits, right of ways, and easements are recognized and obtained.
Long Hours, Lack of leadership
Finance (Former Employee), Troy, MichiganAugust 26, 2013
Pros: staff are friendly
Cons: politics rife
I was a leader / trainer within the work place, successfully implementing controls that were much needed but also aiding in efficiency.

Lack of leadership. Current CFO does not know accounting , excel or logic thinking. He is reliant on his staff to teach him and lead. Previous CFO was an all rounder, I was his choice. When he got let go (after x 7 – more... yrs), I soon followed.
What I left behind was a better way of doing things within Finance and new staff hired feeling better off than before they arrived.

I did enjoy plenty of travel back home to UK this year to aid with the UK/US transition which I lead, so it was not all too bad. – less
Great company and great management!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Hayward, CAJune 28, 2013
The people with Talascend are great to work for and always have answers for my questions! Best company I have worked for in my career! Awesome benefits and pay scale!
The company has many things to offer and a world to explore because they can send you all over the world
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLNovember 16, 2012
Pros: work different job sites around the world
Cons: long hours 12 to 14 hours a day
A typical day on the job site was long hours, many people to answer to and get records of training for all employees with in their department. Data entry and control of documents with important information to handle.
Pleasant work environment but relatively high turnover rate amongst marketing staff and recruiters.
Technical Recruiter (Engineering) (Former Employee), Troy, MIMarch 30, 2012
Pros: cordial work environment, employees were pretty easy to get along with
Cons: seemed to operate in crisis mode far too often.
Marketing staff has a high turnover rate. In a years time lost 4 key marketing members in our office. This is an area, I believe should have a higher stability rate.
It could have been better
Machine operator (Former Employee), Chicago ILMarch 1, 2012
Pros: people i worked with
Cons: working 6 day weeks
it was a nice cmpany to work for if you did not mind working 6 days a week in a very hot place