Talascend, LLC Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
I enjoy this assignment
Associate Buyer - Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Current Employee) –  Aiken, South CarolinaMarch 8, 2013
I enjoy this work assignment. Great hours (4/10's), good pay.
Eat, Sleep and Breath my culture and customers
Global Director of Recruiting Process (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAFebruary 28, 2013
I work approx 12 hours per day IN the office. I take care of all global offices and must be available at all times, so always attached to my cell phone and my laptop to take care of their needs. I travel extensively to work with the companies largest client and assess where improvements can be made and work with the recruiting teams to ensure these practices are put into place. I love the people I work with and I love working with my customers and making a positive impact. I do not currently have a retirement in place - as it is not offered and have not had a pay rate increase in several years. Benefits keep rising and the coverage keeps declining, as we are a small company and not many people take out the insurance. Stinks when you are single!!
Pros
travel, customers, co-workers
Cons
poor benefits/high cost; no retirement
Contract
Designer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 21, 2012
Talascend is a recruiting company and I was contracted into an engineering firm. When I was laid off Talascend did very little to try to place me again. I was not very satisfied with that.
They gave me a very low rate going in because I had been out of the workforce for 19 months due to the economy and downsizing of GM.
It was difficult to negotiate even the 50 cents extra that I received.
Pros
good placement initially
Cons
didn't help with followup or future placement. very low rate.
Good experience and great people
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GAApril 13, 2012
Contract position with a large manufacturer working in HR. Worked directly for HR manager handling FMLA and Worker's Compensation. Co-workers were very pleasant and helpful. Great experience to be working with a much larger group than I have in the past. I thoroughly enjoyed the pace which was constantly busy. Was also allowed to focus primarily on two aspects of HR instead of being spread across the board as I have been in the past. This was positive experience as well.