Talascend, LLC Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great staff to work with
Resident Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MI10 November 2015
I enjoy the independent work because I do not report to anyone. I am my own boss. The Resident Quality engineer is a bit of a trumped up position. It's more of a liaison type of position at the Ford assembly plant dealing with quality spills, interacting with the incoming quality personnel and the operators on the assembly line is very interesting work, although stressful at times, I enjoy the work.
Pros
I enjoy the independent work
Cons
PTO does not meet my needs
I enjoy this assignment
Associate Buyer - Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Current Employee) –  Aiken, South Carolina8 March 2013
I enjoy this work assignment. Great hours (4/10's), good pay.
Eat, Sleep and Breath my culture and customers
Global Director of Recruiting Process (Current Employee) –  Canton, GA28 February 2013
I work approx 12 hours per day IN the office. I take care of all global offices and must be available at all times, so always attached to my cell phone and my laptop to take care of their needs. I travel extensively to work with the companies largest client and assess where improvements can be made and work with the recruiting teams to ensure these practices are put into place. I love the people I work with and I love working with my customers and making a positive impact. I do not currently have a retirement in place - as it is not offered and have not had a pay rate increase in several years. Benefits keep rising and the coverage keeps declining, as we are a small company and not many people take out the insurance. Stinks when you are single!!
Pros
travel, customers, co-workers
Cons
poor benefits/high cost; no retirement
Contract
Designer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MI21 October 2012
Talascend is a recruiting company and I was contracted into an engineering firm. When I was laid off Talascend did very little to try to place me again. I was not very satisfied with that.
They gave me a very low rate going in because I had been out of the workforce for 19 months due to the economy and downsizing of GM.
It was difficult to negotiate even the 50 cents extra that I received.
Pros
good placement initially
Cons
didn't help with followup or future placement. very low rate.
Good experience and great people
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockmart, GA13 April 2012
Contract position with a large manufacturer working in HR. Worked directly for HR manager handling FMLA and Worker's Compensation. Co-workers were very pleasant and helpful. Great experience to be working with a much larger group than I have in the past. I thoroughly enjoyed the pace which was constantly busy. Was also allowed to focus primarily on two aspects of HR instead of being spread across the board as I have been in the past. This was positive experience as well.