TakingITGlobal is looking for a Social Innovation Program Coordinator to join our vibrant team in Toronto. This full-time employment opportunity is perfect for someone with a interest in youth leadership and social impact, who is passionate about helping young change-makers from across the globe develop their ideas into flourishing initiatives creating positive change.
The ideal candidate is a creative thinker and problem-solver who is well-organized, adaptable, and enjoys rising to challenges. The position involves a range of responsibilities from e-course delivery, mentorship matching, event facilitation, drafting proposals, tracking key performance indicators and capturing impact stories!
Why work at TakingITGlobal?
- Have an impact! TakingITGlobal's programs reached millions of users last year, empowering young people in over 200 countries to express themselves, develop understanding, and take action to address social issues in their communities and around the world.
- Expand your horizons! TakingITGlobal has a strong international reputation within the non-profit, government, and corporate sectors. TakingITGlobal's collaborative nature means employees grow a solid professional network and gain high-level experience that can be applied to a variety of professional contexts.
- Be part of a vibrant team! TakingITGlobal is a open, collaborative environment recognized as a WorldBlu Democratic Workplace and committed to fun wellness activites. Although headquartered in Toronto, TIG is an international organization and you'll have the opportunity to be inspired by partners and team members from all over the world!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversee and guide the execution of up to 6 cycles of Sprout e-course program delivery including recruitment strategy and evaluation survey administration
- Facilitation of micro-mentor matches to create opportunities for young people to gain insight on leadership development, technical skill enhancement, project design and management
- Advising of Project Launch Funding recipients from various cycles and support of micro project submissions to the crowd-funding portal including campaign oversight, MOU development, and report submission
- Event facilitation based on the Sprout Unplugged Social Innovation curriculum
- Administration of self-guided course participants and supporting self-reflective experiences through materials provided
- Build relationships or partnerships with organizations and networks within the international social innovation sector to create greater exposure of social innovators
- Create promotional content and impact stories for relevant social innovation programs
- Curate resources and draft content on monthly topics
- Oversee social media presence and campaigns for the release of case studies and specialized content including the Sprout Webisode Series featuring young social entrepreneurs
Evaluation & Sustainability
- Identify and develop proposals for potential donors, sponsors and partners in an effort to scale and adapt social innovation program offerings
- Ensure key project documentation including charters, key performance indicators, training manuals and meeting notes are up-to-date
- Contribute to ongoing evolution of program evaluation framework and reporting
- Passion for social innovation: You have a track record and commitment for creating social change in your community and in the world.
- Youth engagement expertise: You have experience to draw upon when it comes to designing youth-led projects that trace back to your experiences in high school.
- Mentorship experience: You have been able to benefit from relationships with mentors or as a mentor on both personal and professional levels.
- Potential for growth: You have helped amplify the impact of successful programs and want to take on new challenges.
- Tech-savvy: Your friends look to you for advice and tips on the latest technology tools and trends.
Ready to pitch: You are excited about sharing our offerings and securing new opportunities around the world.
- Parlez-vous Francais? Our programs run in 13 languages, so fluency in languages other than English is a plus!
- What's on your trophy case? We'd love to know about any special achievements or recognition you've received.
- How many stamps in your passport? Experience travelling to other regions of the world is something we value.
This position is offered on an initial 12-month basis with possibility of renewal. Our ideal start date is mid-late August 2013. We are looking for someone able to commit at least 40 hours per week, working out of the TakingITGlobal office in downtown Toronto. Excited about connecting with others in the social innovation field? We're often involved in professional conferences and exclusive events on evenings and weekends, and sometimes in other cities or countries, so this more than a typical 9-5, in office job!
Application screening will be conducted on an ongoing basis. Please electronically submit a resume and cover letter at your earliest convenience via the JobScore platform. TakingITGlobal is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
Apply here: http://jobsco.re/1aVkAWM
TakingITGlobal (TIG) provides innovative global education programs that empower youth to understand and act on the world's greatest challenges. Often described as a "social network for social good," the award-winning www.tigweb.org is available in 13 languages and offers a diverse set of educational resources and action tools intended to inspire, inform and involve. Since being founded as a charity in 2000, more than 40 million people have accessed the website to learn, grow and realize their potential. Learn more about us and explore our latest annual report.