Taiga Building products is looking for a Marketing Assistant that will assist the Marketing Manager with day-to-day marketing activities and initiatives. This is a 6 month contract position with the potential to extend or become full-time.
- Assist with the set up of regional promotions to help drive success
- Prepare status reports for meetings
- Assist with developing sponsorship proposals for potential partners
- Perform miscellaneous office duties (answer phones, organize files, coordinate meetings, etc.)
- Content management of website
- Maintain and keep current social media accounts (ie. LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Assist with miscellaneous special projects
- Prioritize and schedule workload to ensure timely completion
- Coordinate special projects, bulk mailings, and events as identified by manager, including follow up as needed
- Prepare marketing materials for marketing events
- Coordinate the logistical aspects of marketing programs such as meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events, etc.
- Prepare draft reports, background documentation, and research
- Upon request, provide assistance in research, development, and implementation of new marketing programs, including direct mail, corporate sales, internet marketing, conventions, workshops, advertisements, sales tools and other initiatives
- Provide assistance with advertising and promotional material, communication strategy, competitor analysis, market research, sales analysis, product management, product development, sourcing and all other aspects related to marketing
- Coordinate and work closely with local and International suppliers / vendors and internally with sales team
- Coordinate office activities; troubleshoot or escalate basic office administration issues
- Maintain daily appointment calendars of members of the marketing department
- Present a positive and professional image Provide assistance with clerical and technical support for marketing activities
- Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization
- Type forms, letters, reports, and memos as necessary
- Fax, photocopy and scan documents as required
- Organize, maintain, and coordinate office records and files in their proper locations
- Other responsibilities and directives as assigned
- High school diploma, GED or other equivalent
- University degree or college diploma in a related field preferred
- Min. 3 years clerical experience
- Strong working knowledge of marketing principles
- Experience as a Marketing Temp preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills and comprehension
- Highly organized
- Service oriented
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent memory skills
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Proven team player who is both flexible and highly adaptable
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and graphic design an asset
HOW TO APPLY?
Respond to this posting with your cover letter, resume and salary expectation by February 8, 2013. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Why work for Taiga?
We are an equal opportunity employer with competitive salary and benefits package that surpass our competitors! Check us out at www.taigabuilding.com