The Release Engineer will be responsible for components and client-side applications. The resource will also be responsible for developing and maintaining automation components for continuous integration, deployments and tracking.
Implement and support existing and new automation solutions for release tasks, including:
- Application deployment
- Database change
Provision, maintain and support extensive test and production-like environments in a timely manner for multiple concurrent releases.
Frequently deploy, configure and support multiple complex interdependent web and mobile applications into environments (QA/Performance/PreProduction).
Research deployment or application issues through log file mining and analysis.
Years of Experience: 5-6 Years
BA/BS degree in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent work experience.
4+ years in a UNIX/Linux Release Engineering role, including
- Building J2EE / Objective C applications
- Deploying batch, web and non-web persistent multi-tier JAVA applications
- Troubleshooting and isolating build/deployment/configuration/code issues
- Mobile experience preferred
3+ years working heavily with web server technologies (1+ with JBoss)
1+ year in iOS / Android platform
3+ years using major relational databases (Oracle 10x+, MySQL)
2+ years UNIX shell scripting
Experience setting up Continuous Integration (Hudson / Jenkins preferred)
Familiarity with submitting files via SFTP, SCP, PGP, or general data encryption knowledge.
Deployment automation experience (e.g. JBoss ON, scripted workflows, AnthillPro, etc.)
Familiarity with Xcode, iOS SDK, Android SDK, mobile emulators.
Hands on web or mobile development experience (Objective C, Java/JSP, HTML5/XML)
Experience implementing or using Continuous Delivery methodologies.
- This is a hands on senior technical position and will require the individual to handle multiple projects in a fast paced software and technical lifecycle
- You will also work closely with the PMs in charge of the project for a total end to end project delivery and liaise with global project teams.
- Collaborate with development teams, customers, and managers to properly operate and move along changes to Enterprise systems from development to production
Collaborate effectively with Release management, Project Management, Change Management and other service management teams.
- Should be strong in application version control handling
- Good experience in application deployment, and production troubleshooting
- Provide input to optimize the performance of systems; monitor and provide performance tuning to system components as required to ensure optimum system functions
Work with application development teams and to tune and troubleshoot applications