TACTIX Gear Workshop is a sports gear design firm.
We develop products that innovate, outperform and impress.
- Protective equipment of all type (helmet, body armour,etc.)
- Athletic and casual footwear including boots, skates, sandals
- Technology development, prototyping, ergonomic studies
- Complete solutions in project management including market study, design, development, merchandising and sourcing
Visit our website at www.tactixgw.com
CAD DESIGN POSITION :
Reporting to the CAD Coordinator, the ideal candidate will have to use the CAD software ( SOLIDWORKS ) to carry out a variety of tasks related to the design, the gradation and the finalization of drawings of parts connected to the hockey equipment.
- Design, validate, revise and modify 3D model pieces according to the constraints related to industrialization and to the requirements of the Designers, Developers and/or Product Managers
- Maintain a system of grading (data base) of files and prototypes to keep track of the products
- Prepare 2D technical drawings
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and in the resolution of problems related to the products
- Maintain the data-base system of the drawings of hockey equipment pieces.
- Communicate with local and international client and CAD supplier
- University or college diploma in a related field (Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering) combine with a minimum of two years of relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge of SOLIDWORKS
- Experience in advanced surface design (asset)
- Familiarity with the following software and operating systems: ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR, EXCEL, WORD and WINDOWS
- Ability to communicate with sketches internally ( perspective views, orthogonal views, section views )
- Familiarity with raw materials and manufacturing processes
- Ability to read 2D and 3D drawings
- Strong prototype fabrication skills using a variety of raw material including, but not limited to, plastic, wood, metal, foam, and textiles (asset)
- Solid knowledge in molding (asset)
- Good skills in oral and written communication English and French
- Ability to work in a team
- Sense of organization and leadership
- Initiative, adaptability and flexibility
- Problem-solving ability.
Indeed - 21 months ago