Taconic

Taconic Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
wasnt a friendly place
act (Former Employee), germantown nyFebruary 3, 2014
Cons: everything
Supervisor was lazy not helpful at all only way she was helpful was sitting on her behind and eating always hearing about how she couldn't pay her bills I don't recommend to work for Taconic in Germantown ny
porter
Porter (Former Employee), Taconic, NYJanuary 6, 2014
• Service, clean, or supply restrooms
• Gather and empty trash
• Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming or buffing
• Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors using high speed buffing machine
• Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Germantown, NYMarch 7, 2013
Pros: benefits, great training and co-workers
I overseen 21 workers in a research facility. I learned all required tasks to advance in my position. I started out as just a technician and worked my way up to assistant manager. My manger was always willing to help me advance by offering great assistance and training. My co-workers and employees were helpful, respectful and hard working. The hardest part was leaving to relocate to NC. The best part was having the ability to advance my career with the same company and making great life long friends with my co-workers and employees.
Productive and nice place to work
Research Associate III (Current Employee), Cranbury, NJOctober 3, 2012
Provide technical support for screening of phenotypes or compound profiling with the wide spectrum of therapeutic areas.
I learned how to develop in vivo disease models for compound profiling and transgenic animals phenotyping with the specific focus on immunological and inflammation related models such us:
Induced Monocyte Infiltration, KRN Induced Arthritis, LPS Induced Pulmonary Inflammation, Collagen-induced arthritis, Neutrophil Infiltration, In Vivo Antibody Production, DTH-Delayed Type Hypersensitivity, Pulmonary Allergic Inflammation, DSS-Dextran Sodium Sulfate induced Colitis, KLH-Keyhole Limpet Hemocyanin Induced Immune Response, EAE-Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis.
The management is great and the co-workers are very nice and professional people.
fast pase pruduction
shipper, machine opperator and specialty (Former Employee), Petersburg, NYJuly 20, 2012
Pros: good benefits, quarterly bonus if production was up
Cons: production workers didn't have a paid lunch and need benefits to better fit workers
Basic tasks are consistent day to day but different orders help to make it more interesting. Mostly a friendly work place, hard to get along with some of the management. Several managers worried about other areas more than their own. Fixing to many things that were not broken. Managers wanted overtime to be done before regular shift hours. Need to pay close attention to details when maintaining orders and make sure its completed before packaging. Be careful to not clock in to early.
i love to care animals
Animal Technician (Former Employee), Cranbury, NJMay 17, 2012
i learned a lot when i started at taconic and i'm thankfull whit my ex supervisor and my exco-workers