Taconic Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place with a great culture
Belting (Current Employee) –  Petersburgh, NYJuly 10, 2016
Taconic is a blast to work at. Management is amazing and quite friendly. Management is also open to listening to new ideas.

Raises are offered, benefits are great and affordable and time off is generous.

The only downside to working at Taconic is the location.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Work Environment
hard work
Food Prep/Cook and Janitorial services (Former Employee) –  Bedford Hills, NYJanuary 25, 2016
hard work i wouldn't really recommend this job to anyone, but if you have to work here do your best, the job builds character
Used To Be Great
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge City, INNovember 11, 2015
This company used to be an amazing place to work for but things have gotten worse and worse over the past several years. Upper management keeps feeding you lines that things are going to get better. Well, 5 years later and it has gotten even worse. Management only cares about bottom line. Benefits got worse and management doesn't even care what employees think. I loved my job and would probably go back with a change in current management but as of now, there is no way. If you want advancement, look somewhere else. They've "LEANED" down so much that there isn't any where to move up unless someone quits or dies.
Pros
Great variety in work and knowing that what you do is important
Cons
Upper management is a complete joke and incompetent, takes no responsibility in poor decision making.
Best place I ever worked
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hudson, NYMay 28, 2015
Atmosphere was very professional. Customers and employees were treated as family. Everyone was always smiling and happy.
Pros
Great work atmosphere, treated like family
Cons
No Cons
wasnt a friendly place
act (Former Employee) –  germantown nyFebruary 3, 2014
Supervisor was lazy not helpful at all only way she was helpful was sitting on her behind and eating always hearing about how she couldn't pay her bills I don't recommend to work for Taconic in Germantown ny
Cons
everything
porter
Porter (Former Employee) –  Taconic, NYJanuary 6, 2014
• Service, clean, or supply restrooms
• Gather and empty trash
• Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming or buffing
• Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors using high speed buffing machine
• Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications
Was able to learn new things that will help me with my future
Laborer (Former Employee) –  New York, New YorkJune 9, 2013
typical day at work was to keep the job site clean as well as doing projects when my supervisor needed me to for example using a chipping gun to remove all the plaster from a whole room. Ive learned to use all sorts of electrical an non-electrical tools, Ive learned to do some sheet rocking, learned to do some frame work.The two supervisors I had were great they enjoyed having me work for them. I most of the times had to finish my co-workers work because he was to busy talking or drinking coffee. The hardest part of the job was all the psychical labor throughout the day. The most enjoable part of the job was keeping busy all day.
Pros
always busy and learning new things
Cons
only had one break and my last supervisor didnt know how to talk to people
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Germantown, NYMarch 7, 2013
I overseen 21 workers in a research facility. I learned all required tasks to advance in my position. I started out as just a technician and worked my way up to assistant manager. My manger was always willing to help me advance by offering great assistance and training. My co-workers and employees were helpful, respectful and hard working. The hardest part was leaving to relocate to NC. The best part was having the ability to advance my career with the same company and making great life long friends with my co-workers and employees.
Pros
benefits, great training and co-workers
fast pase pruduction
shipper, machine opperator and specialty (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, NYJuly 20, 2012
Basic tasks are consistent day to day but different orders help to make it more interesting. Mostly a friendly work place, hard to get along with some of the management. Several managers worried about other areas more than their own. Fixing to many things that were not broken. Managers wanted overtime to be done before regular shift hours. Need to pay close attention to details when maintaining orders and make sure its completed before packaging. Be careful to not clock in to early.
Pros
good benefits, quarterly bonus if production was up
Cons
production workers didn't have a paid lunch and need benefits to better fit workers

2.8