Taco Bell

6.3K reviews

Taco Bell Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and learning experience workplace.
Long Johns Cook / Taco Bell Line Cook (Former Employee), Oneida, NYDecember 19, 2015
Pros: Pros are meeting new people, and 30 minute break if you worked 6 hours that day.
Cons: Cant think of any cons.
A typical day at work would be slow in the morning, and pick up the speed as the day goes on. I learned that teamwork and communication is essential to get the orders out for the customers quickly and properly. My co-workers were nice and when they had all there work done they would go help other workers who were behind to help them catch up. The hardest part about the job was closing the restaurant, as I was a opener. The most enjoyable part about the job was when a customer would come back and say, the food was really good and made perfectly.
A place with nice people working there that made the job better.
team member (Former Employee), OakvilleMay 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, some times i got tips
Cons: long hours on weekends
Tasks included maintaining a clean environment in the store front and behind the counter, had to prepare food under time pressure and multitask with running drive through and storefront simultaneously. Most of my shifts were 8 hours long. I learned how to work a cash register and anticipate problems that may occur in the future and find a way of resolving the problem before it happens. Like restocking food before it runs out or preparing food before the lunch rush.
My coworkers were very understanding at times when I made mistakes and encouraged me to do better when I first started working. Everyone was very nice.
great people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 18, 2013
Pros: worked the hours i needed
Cons: smelted horrible after finishing work
I loved this job simply because i love dealing with people. I had the best co-workers because we all worked as a team and we all were friendly and could get along and have a good laugh but get work done when needed. Management team was great they always had smiles on their faces and could always find something for you to do. I think the hardest part of the job was when i was pregnant and i had to cook the beef, but having amazing co-workers that i did i always ended up doing their job instead of my own because they would switch with me. I learned that if u remain calm, friendly, smile and listen to customers or employees every one can be happy and get what they are after.
Good high school job
Team Member (Former Employee), London, ONApril 17, 2015
Like many other fast food establishments, the position of team member encompasses a number of entry-level job duties at Taco Bell. Primary job duties include greeting guests, taking food and drink orders, preparing food and drink, maintaining a clean work environment, and answering questions about menu items and promotions. Taco Bell team members also operate drive-thru windows and take inventory. Additional crew member responsibilities vary by Taco Bell location. Taco Bell team members use cash registers, ovens, microwaves, and other various pieces of kitchen equipment. During training, new-hire employees learn standard protocol, safety guidelines for handling and preparing food, and how to prepare food through visual instruction and hands-on orientation.
It was job with bad grease smell in the kitchen
Cashier / Server (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 23, 2014
Cons: more then eight hours to get a lunch
I'd work the Cashier and served people there food when I wasn't working the Cashier I go around and clean off all empty seats tables in the front after I clean the front counter I also sweeped and moped the floors and clean the windows.What you learned? nothing much nothing important except that it feels good to work. management was alright. My co-workers the ones that I did talk to were alright some were really easy to get along to. The hardest part of job? it was all fairly easy except the cash and talk loud enough to the customers. to be blunt it was a job
Fast paced fast food restaurant
Restaurant/Fast Food Preparer (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 8, 2014
Typical day at work would be preparing the food for whatever is being ordered on the menu, cleaning the workplace ex. doing dishes, mopping, restoring whatever food that is needed and handing food out to the customers, learned how to cook various types of food and develop various types of skills in the workplace, the management was pretty straight forward which wasn't a problem at all, hardest part of the job was preparing large amounts of orders all at once in a short period of time but adapted to it very fast, and the most enjoyable part of the job was working with other employees as a team to satisfy what the customers want
Fellow employees working as a team
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Ottawa,ontarioDecember 10, 2013
Pros: employees and customer
Cons: hours sometimes long
I delegated job and positions to each employee.
Day run of a business. Floats, deposit.
Serving the customers accurate and fresh product.
Making sure that all job are being done and rules and policy of the company being follow by all employees.
We were a team that work together to get the job done in a reasonable time.
Hardest part of the job was sometimes can not help a customer with a complaint no matter how hard i tried too.
Best part of the job are the customers. Satisfying them with the product that they order accurately and fresh..
A good learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: discount, long hours, friendly staff, fast paced (sometimes)
Cons: slow paced (sometimes), unorganized
I worked at Taco Bell for two years and, if nothing else, it proved to be a good learning experience. I learned different methods of working through differences and disagreements with co-workers, responsibility, time-management and determination among other things. At times, management was unorganized but as a team my co-workers and I ensured that everything ran smoothly. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the customer interactions and building valuable relationships with co-workers.
Productive,easy learner and willing to train
Supervisor / Cook / Front Counter (Former Employee), Leduc,AlbertaJune 3, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: no service transportation
Its fun working in this company,i learned a lot of things like how to handle customer complaints.The management is very supportive on us,my colleagues is all working hard but the hardest part of my job is when a staff will call and they cant work coz your the one who will cover for them.the most enjoyable part of the job is we are treating each and everyone as a family.
Keeps you busy, but a fun environment
Employee (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 23, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: not the most hours.
I got to work every position, which kept things from getting boring. Get ready for bursts of no customers to tons of customers, seemed to happen a lot. The coworkers I had were very nice people, and it was a ton of fun to work with them. The manager is one of the nicest guys you'll meet, everybody liked him. My only big problem is sometimes we were understaffed, but we managed.
I enjoy working with people.
Customer service (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 15, 2012
Pros: interaction with people.
Cons: long shifts.
My work requires a great deal of interaction with customers. My typical day at work is mostly about talking to the clients and provide them with great deals. I have acquired an idea of how to talk to people and how to deal with customers who are not satisfied. I am a team player. My co-workers loves me and my work ethic. The hardest part of the job was to provide service to a huge number of customers alone. I enjoyed to offer customers the best deals and was pleased when they were satisfied with their purchases.
Organized, fast paced environment
Crew member (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: 50% discounts
Cons: long hours
Overall a wonderful experience as it allowed for me to acquire skills in customer service. I gained a vast understanding of coordinating with a team as well as working in a fast paced environment. The management was well organized, which was evident as it is always up to date with new procedures. The work environment is very friendly, making it easy to adjust. The hardest part of the job was adjusting at first to the pace of the work environment itself. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning to cook.
Fast work environment
Food Preparer (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: 50% off lunch bought at store
Cons: less hours
A typical day at work fast and demanding, the employees who worked there were nice except for some like all workplaces. The reason i didn't enjoy working here was because the managers were rude other than that most days were fine. Also not a lot of hours were given to me while i worked there therefore it led me to me quitting job.
Job fit my life at time was going to school full time and a single mom.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: able to work full time and go to school full time.
Cons: manager that we got towards the end of my employment.
I really enjoyed the time that I worked here. My management for the most part was easy to work for and supportive of our needs. The hardest part of the job would have to have been when we got a new manager that did not know how to interact with the employees in a way that motivated and encourage us.
Fast paced and good experience
Taco Bell Employee (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 19, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: the way management treated staff
- Clean dishes or prepare food for 2 hours then go on break for 10 minutes and then go back to the same thing until shift is over.
- How to deal with customers, co-workers and how to keep up.
- Management has lack of respect for employees.
- Other employees are easy to get along with.
- When /more then 15 customers are in line.
- Break.
Productive, fun place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 26, 2012
Pros: good food
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work was working on drive through and talking to your co-workers through the head sets. I learned how to wrap burritos properly so that nothing falls out. Management was fun and easy to talk to. Co-workers made your shift more fun. Hardest part of the job was having to serve drunk customers. Most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with
busy place to work
Dinning Room Host (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 2, 2012
Pros: experience in restaurants
the taco bell i worked at was one of the busier stores in windsor especially weekends. always going full tilt to make sure everything was ship shape. Co-workers were fun to work with. Management was ok but could get a little mean. trying to keep everything stocked and cleaned was the hardest part of job. working with good people made the job enjoyable.
Productive and fun with nice co-workers
Crew Member (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: 50% discount for lunch
Cons: moderate hours sometimes overtime
I work as a cashier evenings during weekdays after school. I learned how to communicate well from my customers and give them a quick service as they expected. I had fun working with my co-workers since they are nice and enjoyable to work with. I find hard sometimes when a customer is giving you hard time at work.
good place to work very nice co-workers
Casheir (Current Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: 50% off when working
Cons: none so far
Typical day at work - cleaning , ensure customer satisfaction , operate cash register and debit machine
What I have learned - proper tempatures for food , how long food stays good for
Management - very helpfull , friendly
Co - workers - awesome great place to work
Hardest part of my job - cleaning mens washroom
Cashier (Former Employee), london ontarioMarch 10, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: way to many hours during school year.
A typical day at work was always busy and fun, I learned time management and good customer service skills. My Co- workers always worked hard and well, they made the job awesome. The hardest part of the job was keeping times low. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with customers.
Headquarters