Taco Bell Employee Reviews in Canada

productive environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONMay 16, 2016
Working here helped me improve my communication skills with customers. Co-workers were nice and helpful with new employees.
good experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 12, 2016
This workplace provides you a good overall work experience and lets you gain good customer service representative skills.
Loved the fast paced environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BCApril 15, 2016
I loved this job and we grew as a family. I learned a lot of patience with customers and how to handle difficult ones. My co workers were a lot of fun and we worked together quite well.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Smelling like fried chicken
summary
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 4, 2016
Typical day at work is usually 9hrs of serving food to customers, staff works well together, opening and closing the store, counting tills. As a manager its my job to oversee the staff and make sure everyone works well within the environment.
Unhelpful
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMarch 3, 2016
Well working there the first time I was treated fair. So when I returned I was expecting the same treatment well I did not receive it. I was given no time to learn how to cook with their new equipment or instruction. I was made a shift manager with out proper training or pay. I had to learn almost everything on my own. Until we got a new store manager when he started to train me then he quit because of the presser as well as other reasons. Now we have a store manager who has not even been fully trained to be a supervisor.
Pros
Some of the people I work with are great.
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, terrible schedule.
N/a
TAco Bell (Former Employee) –  Windsor,ONFebruary 25, 2016
Trained on front cashier and drive through positions, while also making. I do not want to say more about my old job at taco bell.
helpful staff and productive environment
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 12, 2016
i have learned how to cook,,,how to manage alot of things in one time,,,,how to work in a team. learned different things like working in a fast paced environment
Pros
discounts and helpful staff
Cons
confusing menus
Productive and great working staff.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Working and and dealing with customers has it ups and downs. Some are very nice and understanding and others are not so nice. Working a Taco Bell has helped me understand and listen more towards a customers complaints and seeing how i can help fix the situation and help them get better service. The management is great and if very flexible if you need a day or two off and works around a school schedule. The co-workers are nice and friendly I never feel left out in and anything and always include everyone. The hardest part about this job would be working during a 5 hour rush. Everyone is just trying to keep up with everything and the odd time we are short staffed which doesn't help very much. At the end of the day not matter what happens I enjoying working there everyone is just so nice and the conversations you have with customers is always enjoyable.
Pros
50% discount when working or working that day
Cons
Not enough working hours when asked
Productive and Fun Work Place
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Working at Taco Bell has taught me great team-work skills. I have gained much more experience in the field of customer service. Overall, this job has taught me a lot.
The job is good
Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 20, 2015
I worked full time at KFC with almost 80 hrs of work time. I learned how to be a good follower and be a good team leader. The management was good but some of the job they assigned was outside my job description. My co-workers were good. I met different kinds of people while I was working. The hardest part of my job so far was when I need to compromise my work ethics in the job in order to follow the manager the job that shouldn't be part of my job. The most enjoyable part was about the co-workers who shared their experiences and gave me advice throughout my work.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Bad co-workers
Productive and learning experience workplace.
Long Johns Cook / Taco Bell Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYDecember 19, 2015
A typical day at work would be slow in the morning, and pick up the speed as the day goes on. I learned that teamwork and communication is essential to get the orders out for the customers quickly and properly. My co-workers were nice and when they had all there work done they would go help other workers who were behind to help them catch up. The hardest part about the job was closing the restaurant, as I was a opener. The most enjoyable part about the job was when a customer would come back and say, the food was really good and made perfectly.
Pros
Pros are meeting new people, and 30 minute break if you worked 6 hours that day.
Cons
Cant think of any cons.
Great environment with fun challenges
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONNovember 18, 2015
Manage daily activities and schedule of workers. Training the employees and dealing with new challenges everyday. Learned great customer service skills. Easy to know co-workers to a point where it was comfortable to talk to them and learn from them. A variety of tasks provided many new challenges but the entire experience was enjoyable.
Pros
flexible timing
Cons
no benefits
Creepy boss anyone?
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONAugust 31, 2015
My boss at KFC was very flirty and inappropriate with me. Especially because I was only 15 when I worked there and he was at least a 25 year old Pakistani man. I was called 'babe', 'baby', 'babygirl', and 'hun' all day long. Would make me work till close and often make me miss the bus and offer me rides home.
Pros
Take home leftover chicken (usually cold and soggy)
Cons
Creepy boss
Taco Bell Review
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  st catharines, ONJuly 30, 2015
Taco bell was my first real job per say and the days were alright, I found the management knowing I walked for 45 minutes each way to get to work and home and only schedule me for 3 hour shifts for the majority to be absolutely ridiculous.
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
no hours
Taco Bell
Cashier & Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 30, 2015
It was a fun job great people and had fun working there. I left due to lack of work hours but it was good times something i wont forget.
Pros
learning more people skills and communication skills
Cons
lack of hours and stress
this my part time job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Leduc, ABJune 29, 2015
its my part time job everyday hardest part is the pressure of the job when u cook and u wash the utensils.learning a lotjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
fast food
manager (Former Employee) –  midnaporeMay 13, 2015
this was alright. it was fun, sometimes frusterating. i found frusterating, on the schedule, sometime, the schedule wasn't done correctly. and there would only be 2 people on, when you needed 5 people on.
Fast paced, welcoming environment
Cashier/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 4, 2015
Before my shift started I would come in 30 mins before and check my duties for my shift
I learned teamwork skills, customer service skills, working in a fast paced environment.

Some of the management were professional, and hard working, some were not.

Some of the co-workers were professional and hard working, some were not.
Pros
Discounted priced products.
Cons
Unfair treatment by customers, workers being unprofessional in workplace
Interact with different kind of customers, co-workers are fun to work with.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 2, 2015
As a first timer in Customer Service field I find working in KFC-Taco Bell is enjoyable. I've learned to deal in different kind of customers, Handling different customer service complaint. How to make things lighter inspite stress that brought customer's complaint. But the most enjoyable part of my work is that working with my co-workers we help each other to make our work well done and enjoyable.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Standing for long hours.
Poor Health and Safety
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 2, 2015
I was immediately searching for a new job when I was told to keep quiet about the EXPIRED taco shells that management was going to continue using and serve to the customers. That is sick and I was disgusted to know that this was happening in the workplace I was working in.
Pros
Time Management with Students
Cons
Health and Safety