Taco Bell Employee Reviews in Canada

It is fun, nice environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 29, 2016
KFC and taco bell is fun and a good workplace, unfortunately, the staff that works is not good. Also, I learned many things from each of them like handling transactions etc. The hardest part of the job was when you finish your shift you have to clean which gets tiring. I love working at kfc and taco bell.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
cleaning and stocking
Stressful, hard to excel at, undesirable working conditions
Service Champion (Former Employee) –  Hotline, ColdlineJune 5, 2016
A typical day at work is either stressful or decent. Customers in fast food can be extremely easy to serve, or extremely hard to please.

I learned to pay attention, restock when necessary and always check my amounts of every item we sold.

Management has never been the strong point of the location I was at, downright childish when it comes right down to it. Rumors and spreading misinformation about the staff is something associated with High school, not a work environment and especially not from someone that is the manager.

Co-workers have always been the best part of the job. I got along with everyone, and only seemed to have issues with people that were getting ready to quit or be let go.

Hardest part of the job, often times was dealing with unruly customers.

The most enjoyable part, is being able to interact with people, make food you don't normally have the ability to make and also get to know new people through co-workers.
Just another typical job in fast food
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Delta, BCJune 2, 2016
The Taco Bell that i work for is a part of a union, therefore, I receive health benefits and slight raises every few months. A typical day at this organization for myself was taking and compiling orders, receiving payments, handling complaints, providing on job training for new employees, and any other tasks delegated to me by my supervisors. The hardest part of the job was dealing with complaints as some guests were extremely difficult. My co-workers had their pros and cons as well, some were such a delight to work with, while others were a bit more difficult. Working at Taco Bell has taught me how to be a team player and how to get a long with people that I have differences with, it has also taught me how to handle complaints and upset customers, as well as how to provide customer care. All in all it has been a good learning experience
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Work enviornment
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMay 27, 2016
Serve customers and communicate their requests to the back end ensuring efficient and effective service to satisfy customers
Receive and accurately process in-store and phone orders
Manage cashier transactions and payments using cash, debit and credit cards
Train new employees
Great enviroment with great workers
Taco Bell Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 19, 2016
I have enjoyed my time while working at Taco Bell, they have taught me many good things that I can take with me to my next job. I have a good sense of time management, I finish my job thoroughly and completely when jobs are assigned. The long hours fly by with how busy it gets there. Very easy to pick up everything you need to do for the job. Since this place does deal with a lot of teenagers working there, they have a great management system that keeps all the workers professional. The environment does not feel like high school. All in all, this is a wonderful place and they treat their workers as if they were family.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Long, fast pace
productive environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONMay 16, 2016
Working here helped me improve my communication skills with customers. Co-workers were nice and helpful with new employees.
good experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 12, 2016
This workplace provides you a good overall work experience and lets you gain good customer service representative skills.
Loved the fast paced environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BCApril 15, 2016
I loved this job and we grew as a family. I learned a lot of patience with customers and how to handle difficult ones. My co workers were a lot of fun and we worked together quite well.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Smelling like fried chicken
summary
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 4, 2016
Typical day at work is usually 9hrs of serving food to customers, staff works well together, opening and closing the store, counting tills. As a manager its my job to oversee the staff and make sure everyone works well within the environment.
Unhelpful
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMarch 3, 2016
Well working there the first time I was treated fair. So when I returned I was expecting the same treatment well I did not receive it. I was given no time to learn how to cook with their new equipment or instruction. I was made a shift manager with out proper training or pay. I had to learn almost everything on my own. Until we got a new store manager when he started to train me then he quit because of the presser as well as other reasons. Now we have a store manager who has not even been fully trained to be a supervisor.
Pros
Some of the people I work with are great.
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, terrible schedule.
N/a
TAco Bell (Former Employee) –  Windsor,ONFebruary 25, 2016
Trained on front cashier and drive through positions, while also making. I do not want to say more about my old job at taco bell.
helpful staff and productive environment
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 12, 2016
i have learned how to cook,,,how to manage alot of things in one time,,,,how to work in a team. learned different things like working in a fast paced environment
Pros
discounts and helpful staff
Cons
confusing menus
Productive and great working staff.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Working and and dealing with customers has it ups and downs. Some are very nice and understanding and others are not so nice. Working a Taco Bell has helped me understand and listen more towards a customers complaints and seeing how i can help fix the situation and help them get better service. The management is great and if very flexible if you need a day or two off and works around a school schedule. The co-workers are nice and friendly I never feel left out in and anything and always include everyone. The hardest part about this job would be working during a 5 hour rush. Everyone is just trying to keep up with everything and the odd time we are short staffed which doesn't help very much. At the end of the day not matter what happens I enjoying working there everyone is just so nice and the conversations you have with customers is always enjoyable.
Pros
50% discount when working or working that day
Cons
Not enough working hours when asked
Productive and Fun Work Place
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Working at Taco Bell has taught me great team-work skills. I have gained much more experience in the field of customer service. Overall, this job has taught me a lot.
The job is good
Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 20, 2015
I worked full time at KFC with almost 80 hrs of work time. I learned how to be a good follower and be a good team leader. The management was good but some of the job they assigned was outside my job description. My co-workers were good. I met different kinds of people while I was working. The hardest part of my job so far was when I need to compromise my work ethics in the job in order to follow the manager the job that shouldn't be part of my job. The most enjoyable part was about the co-workers who shared their experiences and gave me advice throughout my work.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Bad co-workers
Productive and learning experience workplace.
Long Johns Cook / Taco Bell Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYDecember 19, 2015
A typical day at work would be slow in the morning, and pick up the speed as the day goes on. I learned that teamwork and communication is essential to get the orders out for the customers quickly and properly. My co-workers were nice and when they had all there work done they would go help other workers who were behind to help them catch up. The hardest part about the job was closing the restaurant, as I was a opener. The most enjoyable part about the job was when a customer would come back and say, the food was really good and made perfectly.
Pros
Pros are meeting new people, and 30 minute break if you worked 6 hours that day.
Cons
Cant think of any cons.
Great environment with fun challenges
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONNovember 18, 2015
Manage daily activities and schedule of workers. Training the employees and dealing with new challenges everyday. Learned great customer service skills. Easy to know co-workers to a point where it was comfortable to talk to them and learn from them. A variety of tasks provided many new challenges but the entire experience was enjoyable.
Pros
flexible timing
Cons
no benefits
Creepy boss anyone?
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONAugust 31, 2015
My boss at KFC was very flirty and inappropriate with me. Especially because I was only 15 when I worked there and he was at least a 25 year old Pakistani man. I was called 'babe', 'baby', 'babygirl', and 'hun' all day long. Would make me work till close and often make me miss the bus and offer me rides home.
Pros
Take home leftover chicken (usually cold and soggy)
Cons
Creepy boss
Taco Bell Review
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  st catharines, ONJuly 30, 2015
Taco bell was my first real job per say and the days were alright, I found the management knowing I walked for 45 minutes each way to get to work and home and only schedule me for 3 hour shifts for the majority to be absolutely ridiculous.
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
no hours
Taco Bell
Cashier & Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 30, 2015
It was a fun job great people and had fun working there. I left due to lack of work hours but it was good times something i wont forget.
Pros
learning more people skills and communication skills
Cons
lack of hours and stress