Taboo Resort Golf and Spa Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Seasonal
Administrative Assistant/ Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON5 January 2017
A lot of there work is very seasonal which can be hard for most people. Once they open full time again I would consider working there. But if your looking for full time year round I would not apply
Pros
Good Breaks
Cons
Not year round
Great place to work, great money in Elements
Server (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON24 August 2016
Worked there for almost a year, no complaints. Great money, good people. Would definitely go back if they ever re-do the dining room. It was closed after the fire, hence the reason for leaving.
If you like to laugh at a good joke this is the place to work.
employee (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst9 September 2014
What I thought was a good fit,turned out to be a nightmare. I thought I landed a great job. People were friendly and personable. However they hire good people and run them until they're maxed out. Minimum pay. insane hours. not fairly compensated for the running around you'll do. Most servers are working 13-15 hours a day with no breaks have a 4 hour turn around before they are expected back in. People are not licensed to do certain things in there like serve alcohol. the servers leave bars open and exposed while they run and serve food to guests. Management is terribly run with the exception of a few. Clients are constantly upset. Foods overpriced. Rooms are not worth the cost that they charge guests. Huge turnover rate. Shuttle service for employees is terrible after hours. Please believe me when you read this. Management needs an overhaul. Changes need to happen. Not worth the headache.
Pros
Coworkers are nice, sometimes they have BBQ s and employee appreciation days.
Cons
Rarely any breaks because of business demands. Poor management.
no review
Chef de partie (Current Employee) –  gravenhurst8 April 2014
no review is necessary it is a hotel, doing hotel style food and large groups, that says it all.
Cons
You dont get what is expected.
Room Attendant /Public areas (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON27 July 2012
Wosrt place to work ,don,t ever go there to find work,BIG MISTAKE.
Pros
what free lunch, you better bring your own lunch
Cons
they are con artists.