Based in the heart of the Fraser Valley, TYCROP is situated in beautiful Chilliwack BC. Our community, full of breathtaking views, offers exceptional recreational adventures, arts and cultural venues and affordable housing in friendly neighborhoods. TYCROP’S 10-acre facilities are nestled only minutes from fishing the Fraser River, golfing championship courses or hiking in the Cheam Mountains.
Our most valuable asset is our staff of over 300 talented people – and it shows. The people that work at TYCROP come here, learn here, and stay here for many years – it is this shared, collective expertise and a never-ending pursuit of improvement through applied innovation and teamwork that gives our company a decided competitive advantage in everything we do.
TYCROP is currently seeking a positive and motivated Purchasing Agent with excellent interpersonal skills to join our team. The Purchasing Agent will utilize expert knowledge to purchase goods and services at the most favourable price, while simultaneously building and maintaining strategic relationships with key suppliers. This individual will review requisitions, and confer with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet the demand for procurement of materials from the BOM, MRP and requisitions as they relate to production schedule
- Monitor suppliers and supply chains to ensure compliance with approved terms, including expediting when required
- Report on procurement performance, procurement commitment status and progress to supervisor
- Responsible for material and assigned service contract development using qualitative analysis
- Negotiate terms and conditions with suppliers
- Identify and approve new suppliers and maintain the approved supplier database
- Actively participate in identifying areas of opportunity and barriers for effective performance
- Utilize procurement reports to manage suppliers
- Adhere to TYCROP manufacturing processes including the Supply Chain procurement process
- Create of system generated purchase orders based on approved requisitions
- Manage conflict between supplier deliverables and requirements
- Collaborate with other functions to enhance project success
- Attend team meetings to provide assistance in resolving issues, review progress and ensure assignment of new tasks
- Follow the purchasing stream through to closure by working with Accounts Payable
- Provide mentorship, guidance and training to buyers within the team as required
- Analyze commodity vendor data and forecast trends
- Manage inbound freight of purchases
An ideal candidate has:
- PMAC Level 2 or better, APICS considered an asset
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years procurement experience required, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- In lieu of formal education, an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Contract Management experience (an asset)
- Strong knowledge in planning, organizing, monitoring and conducting activities requiring independent decisions/judgment
- Accounting knowledge (an asset)
- Demonstrated knowledge in manufacturing commodities
- Well-honed negotiation skills
- Expert Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- SYSPRO experience (an asset)
- Strong commitment, ethics and professionalism
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
At TYCROP we take pride in providing progressive and growing employment opportunities. We are strongly dedicated to high ethical values and firmly believe in the importance of working together in a respectful manner. Our goal is to grow the company and prosper to provide long-term careers for our employees.
Apply to join our dynamic and growing team!