Based in the heart of the Fraser Valley, TYCROP is situated in beautiful Chilliwack BC. Our community, full of breathtaking views, offers exceptional recreational adventures, arts and cultural venues and affordable housing in friendly neighborhoods. TYCROP’S 10-acre facilities are nestled only minutes from fishing the Fraser River, golfing championship courses or hiking in the Cheam Mountains.
Our most valuable asset is our staff of over 300 talented people – and it shows. The people that work at TYCROP come here, learn here, and stay here for many years – it is this shared, collective expertise and a never-ending pursuit of improvement through applied innovation and teamwork that gives our company a decided competitive advantage in everything we do.
TYCROP is currently seeking a positive individual with excellent organizational skills to join our Accounting team. Dealing directly with various in-house departments and outside vendors; Accounts Payable will work within the framework of the finance team in the processing of all supplier invoices and expenses; ensuring proper general ledger allocations, purchase order accuracy, and perform other related general accounting functions as and when required.
The successful candidate will have proven skills in competently handling the full cycle AP process including invoice recording, matching and payment processing.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Validates vendor invoices and inquires, investigates discrepancies, communicates with vendors and internal personnel for clarification
- Establishes and manages vendor information and standard payment terms
- Schedules invoices for payment within given framework of due dates and maxims discounts and minimizes interest charges
- Enters invoices information in to multi-currency accounts payable system to generate payment
- Conducts the 3 way or 2 way match processes and identifies any discrepancies
- Processes manual cheques and electronic funds transfers when required
- Reconcile GRN account, analyzes balance sheets as required
- Monitor and audit the AP process
- Prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence – monthly reconciliations
- Perform other general accounting and other related duties as required
An ideal candidate has:
- Post-secondary education in Accounting – an asset
- 3-5 years full cycle accounts payable experience required (Experience in a corporate environment is a strong asset)
- Solid understanding of accounting processes
- Great personality – can adapt to changes and deal with different stakeholders with in/out of the organization
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, word and excel
- Ability to communicate clearly in both orally and written communication
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Ability to reconcile and analyze balance sheet accounts
- An open mind and the ability to learn new accounting software quickly
- Experience with ERP software (specifically SYSPRO) is an advantage
At TYCROP we take pride in providing progressive and growing employment opportunities. We are strongly dedicated to high ethical values and firmly believe in the importance of working together in a respectful manner. Our goal is to grow the company and prosper to provide long-term careers for our employees.