Title: Mechanical Engineer
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Day
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Disability Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, Group Insurance Benefits, Vision Care Benefits
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Edmonton, Alberta (1 vacancy)
Education &Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.):
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Alberta with APEGGA.
- Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) by a provincial or territorial association.
- LEED accreditation is an asset but not necessary.
- 5 years or more in consulting in Canada
- Design experience with HVAC and plumbing systems,
Languages: Speak English, Read English, Write English fluently
Area of Specialization: Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC)
Work Setting: Consulting firm
Project and Personnel Management Skills:
- Demonstrates working knowledge of building and construction standards, codes and specifications, permitting processes and requirements, along with the ability to plan and analyze budgets, schedules and resources for engineering and construction efforts for selected projects.
- Mechanical system design for commercial/institutional bldg. projects
- Well-developed project management, problem solving, conflict resolution, decision-making, organization, planning and leadership skills.
- Committed to continuous technical learning and personal development.
- Senior management experience with leading teams, operational success and good knowledge of the market would be desirable.
- Ability to excel in a collaborative team environment, while providing excellent service to clients.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Intermediate and Junior Mechanical Engineers.
- Strong time management skills; manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
Computer and Technology Knowledge:
- Proficient in the use of computers, including MS Office products and AutoCAD
- Windows, Internet, Applications - desktop, Word processing software, Spreadsheet software, Office Suites, Electronic mailing software, Electronic scheduling software
- Own vehicle
- Travel expenses paid by employer
- Valid driver's license
Employer: TWS ENGINEERING LTD.
TWS Engineering is a well-established and well respected engineering consultancy enjoying great success in our respective market. Due to natural growth and demand we are seeking a senior person to become an integral part of our expanding consulting engineering firm.
This is your chance to utilize your experience and get the rewards you deserve. This is a truly unique opportunity. If you've got the technical skills and you're also a self-motivated team player with an ability to multitask, this is just the opportunity for you.
How to Apply
All interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter in MS Word to the attention of Terry Smith
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.