RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT WORKERS
FULL-TIME / PART TIME
is currently seeking experienced applicants who are interested in providing supports to adults living with an intellectual challenge.
Preference will be given to candidates who have experience working with intellectually challenged adults who have experienced long term institutionalization, are in conflict with the law, are presenting with active mental illness symptoms and aggressive states. Should have experience with de-escalation, enacting safety protocols in a residential setting and experience working within an addictions treatment model,post secondary education preferred.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US:
Turning Leaf Community Support Services Incorporated is a non-profit, community-based agency that provides adults living with intellectual challenge and mental illness with supports for the purpose of assisting with independent living.
· Updated resume;
· 18 years or older;
· Available anytime 35 - 40 hours p/week (Full time);
· Available anytime 15 – 25 hours p/week (Part time);
· Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry;
· Valid First Aid/ CPR Certification;
· Valid drivers license and reliable vehicle;
· Minimum 3 years direct support experience working in a residential setting;
· Experience de-escalating aggressive behavior;
· Experience working with adults who are living an intellectual challenge who struggle with additions and are in conflict with the law;
· Conflict resolution skills;
· Aptitude towards managing crisis;
· 2 Employment references.
· Health Benefits Package
· Overnight Premium
· Winnipeg Transit ECO PASS Program
· Mileage Reimbursements
· Excellent Training Opportunities
· Opportunities for Advancement
· And Most Importantly, The Joy of Helping Others in Need
Wage - Competitive and negotiable
If you are interested in a Career with
Turning Leaf Community Support Services Inc.
Please forward your resume to
2585 portage avenue 2nd floor