1. The Superintendent is expected to develop and maintain a pleasant rapport with the residents and all staff and behave in a manner which reflects the building’s good reputation. This includes:
a. Maintaining a tidy appearance at all times by wearing the appropriate uniform and footwear.
b. Reporting to the Property Manager any repair or service that is required and is brought to his attention by an owner, visitor, other staff member, etc.
c. Cooperating with security to assist in ensuring a maximum level of protection.
d. Wearing a pager/cell phone/radio at all times, both on and off the premises when on duty and responding to calls immediately.
e. Promptly attending to minor repairs, touch up painting, changing ballasts, etc. as required.
f. Consuming no alcoholic beverage while on duty or on call.
2. The Superintendent will attend to any emergency immediately and contact the Manager’s emergency telephone number for any fire or flood situation. To ensure emergencies are properly covered, the Superintendent must remain on site during regular working hours as well as when on call. He may leave the site during the one-hour lunch break or when the necessity arises provided Management is so informed, or when so required by Management.
3. When the law requires it, the Superintendent must wear all prescribed safety equipment, which could include: hardhat, eye goggles, ear covers and safety boots. Failure to follow safety regulations will result in dismissal.
4. The Superintendent must care for the Corporation’s tools polishers, mops, brooms, etc. to prevent damage and to maximize useful life.
5. The Superintendent will follow his work schedule in an orderly and efficient manner to avoid duplication and waste.
6. It should be understood that this job description is not an all-encompassing summary of the Superintendent’s duties. The Superintendent’s role is constantly being expanded, developed and modified as the need arises.