The Manager in Training will learn the essential tools necessary to succeed in the role of Store Manager. This position will learn the following: Operational Management, sales initiatives, report maintenance, product merchandising and human resources. This position will require flexibility to travel (commute) within the region to different locations. The ability to relocate is a definite asset.
The Manager in Training will be responsible for learning all aspects of the Store Manager position which includes:
- Effectively execute the sales plan to achieve maximum sales and increased customer base – plan and implement sales promotions
- Promote TSC within the community by participating in local/regional trade shows, community events and support for various local charities.
- Establish and maintain effective inventory control, includes: supervision of ordering and merchandise handling
- Ensure that all merchandise is properly displayed and priced and that all shelves are refilled regularly from backroom stock.
- Work with Human Resources to develop and maintain a competent store organization through hiring, training, performance appraisals, constructive discipline and problem resolution
- Promote a strong, cohesive team and encourage staff suggestions and ideas.
- Maintain proper staff communications and encourage staff development and understanding of store operations.
Health and Safety
- Comply with all Health and Safety Legislation and internal TSC policies to insure that physical and health hazards are eliminated.
- Ensure that employees are trained in proper work practices and follow TSC health and safety policies and procedures.
- Report all accidents and near misses to the Human Resources Department.
- Ensure that all sales and receipts are properly recorded and that a daily deposit is prepared and taken to the bank each business day.
- Maintain all required records and reports as required for accounting, auditing, and management purposes.
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures as documented in the TSC Operations Policy and Procedures Manual. Ensure compliance and understanding of staff.
- Monitor and control all relevant store expenses including payroll.
- Ensure that store security systems are always in proper working order to minimize loss
- Provide feedback and regular communications to the District Manager and senior management to promote growth and profitability for TSC Stores.
Financial and Inventory Management
- Responsible for the profitable operation of the store, through cost control, loss prevention, inventory control and return on investment to accepted company standards.
- 2 years retail experience in a management or supervisory capacity.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and motivational ability.
- Solid organizational skills and proven ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Focused on enhancing a team environment and customer service orientated.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Flexible schedule that is able to change with operational demands.
- Strong computer skills (POS, MS Office, Outlook).
Indeed - 17 months ago
We believe our people are our number one asset. It's why we invest heavily in developing their skills, empowering them to succeed and...