TRQSS, Inc. is a subsidiary of Tokai Rika Co. Ltd. of Japan, a recognized leader in manufacturing technology. TRQSS ranks with the largest companies in North America dedicated exclusively to manufacturing seatbelts and has quickly grown to become a world leader in automobile safety restraint systems. We are currently seeking applicants to work in our Tecumseh facility as:
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER (FACILITIES PLANNING)
o Develop optimal short term/long term facilities layout plan for all company facilities to minimize material handling and intra-facilities logistics costs, maximize floor space utilization, promote inter-process communication through highly visual WIP/ assembly processes and an overall intuitive top-level material/information flow through the use of:
- Qualitative input and feedback from Layout Team members from monthly meetings and Go-and-See activities.
- Quantitative measurement tools such as material and information flow (MIF) diagrams, process interrelationship diagrams and block layout analysis between assembly, injection molding and internal supply chain areas
o Maintain plant layout drawings in CAD software to include day-to-day changes as well as major milestone floor space requirements including:
- Technology transitions; New program launches / build-outs; Line loading changes; Inter and Intra-plant logistics Kaizen activities
o Co-ordinate all plant reconfigurations of assembly and production control equipment at plant level, including:
- Creating and maintaining project schedules;
- Creating and maintaining task checklists;
- Planning and coordinating resources;
- Supervising physical moves and resolving issues on-site
o Lead monthly layout meetings to provide a forum for space constraint resolution, safety issues, layout communications and feedback from supply chain and assembly groups related to ID/L efficiencies/bottlenecks, parts stores and assembly locations.
o Support new program launches through AQP and PDT meeting representation
o Develop new or improve existing systems used in the communication of customer and internal information between Internal Supply Chain, Assembly, P.E., Maintenance and I.E. related to facilities planning.
o Minimum University degree in Industrial Engineering, graduate level preferred
o Minimum 5 years experience in Industrial Engineering role
o Prior Facilities Planning experience preferred
o Excellent communication and project management skills
o Understanding of TPS or other similar pull systems
o Proficient in Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, CAD (Cadkey or Autocad)
o Systematic and creative approaches to problem solving