DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN THE CANADIAN OIL & GAS MARKET?
TR Canada Inc. is an international general contractor, engaging in engineering, design and verbal construction of various types of industrial facilities for a broad spectrum of customers throughout the world, including many of the national oil companies as well as several multinational companies. Head of operations located in Madrid, Spain. We lead the engineering and construction sector of oil and gas in Spain; which is one of the world’s leaders in design and construction. We also provide engineering, management, start-up and operating services for industrial plants throughout the world.
Reporting to the Site Manager, the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years of experience in construction in oil and gas market. The candidate will contribute to piping design, fabrication and construction to enhance the success of the project. He/she must be organized, a multi-tasker and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Evaluate construction and development tenders received according to the scope provided by TR to the bidders and tabulate them in order to get a proposal for awarding;
- Prepare, submit and manage progress invoices and valuation of changes under strict supervision of contract administrator;
- Provide advice on construction cost and strategic planning;
- Prepare and submit estimates for construction and development work;
- Provide commercial advice and support to project works;
- Research, negotiate and support dispute resolution activities under direct supervision of subcontracts administrator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE AS INCLUDED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Familiar with the project administration procedures, subcontract prices, methods of measurements, scope of works and relevant drawings, standards and specifications applicable to the different subcontracts.
- Check in detail received invoices from subcontractors to ensure accuracy with actual progress achieved according to the methods of measurement previously agreed.
- Assist Subcontracts Administrator in evaluate potential deviations and verifying extra works by subcontractors.
- Produce the adequate tool to check actual progress of site Subcontract activities.
- Expedite and ensure timely reception of progress reports from Subcontractors.
- Maintain proper storage of all Subcontracts and accounting documents.
- Suggest Corrective Actions according to the QMS Procedure both for System and on Subcontract that may be identified.
- Assist the Subcontracts Administrator in all activities as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Technical Education (Background in Construction an asset). International experience is highly considered as asset.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience.
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 5
HOURS OF WORK (SHIFTS):
Base on a compressed work week / this role will require frequent travel to the Module Yard and project sites. (Fulltime - Permanent)
Wage will be negotiated based on the successful candidate’s experience and education.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT TR CANADA INC:
- Terms are non-negotiable.
- TR offers permanent and full time employment. We are looking for staff not for contractors per project.
- TR’s compensation is offered as salary based calculations that are provided to the employee once per month. Hourly rates apply if overtime is performed. (Adhering to the Alberta labor board regulations codes)
- Benefits Plan - 20/80. Activated after 3 months of probationary period / health Spending Account $750.00 a year, per family and is prorated.
- RRSP matching starting at 2% for the 2 first years of employment and goes up to 5% for 10 years of employment.
- 3 Weeks vacations
- Position(S) are based in - Calgary, Edmonton, and Fort McMurray.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Phone number: (403) 234-0051
- Fax number: (403) 508-9894
- Point of Contact – Brenda. M / Human Resources Technician – Recruiter
Qualified applicants are asked to forward their resume via provider, with “QUANTITY SURVEYOR (BM) ", in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are located at 310, 633 6th Avenue SW. Calgary Alberta Canada.
(WE WILL BE ACCEPTING RESUMES ONGOING; HOWEVER INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON AN APPOINTMENT BASIS ONLY)
If residing outside of Calgary, please provide information as to your relocation status