JUNIOR PERMIT ISSUER
Do you have experience in issuing permits for constructing complex facilities?
Do you have good mechanical aptitude?
Our Company is an international general contractor, engaging in engineering, design and verbal construction of various types of industrial facilities for a broad spectrum of customers throughout the world, including many of the national oil companies as well as several multinational companies. Head of operations located in Madrid, Spain. We lead the engineering and construction sector of oil and gas in Spain; which is one of the world’s leaders in design and construction. We also provide engineering, management, start-up and operating services for industrial plants throughout the world.
(All requirements/ experience mandatory and nonnegotiable)
Requirements & Experience
- Experience in issuing permits (involving piping, high voltage electrical, mechanical instrumentation, scaffolding, civil work, pressure testing, and gas testing.
- High School Diploma or post-secondary certifications.
- 3+ years HSE related experience ( issuing permits)
- Willing to work in various environments, on and off site.
- Pervious background in involving major construction projects.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications, (e.g. Word, excel, etc.)
- Procedures and development in project or operating plant permitting systems.
The successful candidate
- Will have the ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Have excellent safety regulations knowledge
- Have experience working in a manufacturing setting
- Maintain good communications with coworkers and supervisors
- Reviewing the next day permits
- Bump testing and calibrating of testing equipment
- Area tests prior to the issuing of permits
- Issuing the project permits
- Validating the permits in the field
- Communicating with the area unit operations group prior to the issuing of any permits
- Issue permits that were not delivered the previous day
- Maintaining good communications throughout the shift with the unit operations personnel
- Updating the area tests every four hours
- Field monitoring of all the permitted work for that shift
- Updating all the required area, confined space entries and work area tests
- Taking part in Clients permit audits
- Assist the project contractors with any concerns or issues they have
- Ensuring all the issued permits for the day are signed off
- File all permits and retain as per standard
Number of Positions: 1
Hours of work (shifts): Will be required to travel.
Salary range: Wage is dependent on successful candidate’s experience and education.
Benefits: Medical and Dental after a three month probationary period.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants are asked to palce and tiltle the ducument with “Junior Permit Issuer", in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If residing outside of Calgary, please provide information as to your relocation status