Mechanical/Structural QC Inspector
DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN THE CANADIAN OIL & GAS MARKET?
TR Canada Inc. is an international general contractor, engaging in engineering, design and verbal construction of various types of industrial facilities for a broad spectrum of customers throughout the world, including many of the national oil companies as well as several multinational companies. Head of operations located in Madrid, Spain. We lead the engineering and construction sector of oil and gas in Spain; which is one of the world’s leaders in design and construction. We also provide engineering, management, start-up and operating services for industrial plants throughout the world.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years of experience in a QC Inspector role in oil and gas market. The candidate will contribute to the project in order to enhance the success of the project. He/she must be organized, a multi-tasker and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Mechanical/Structural Inspector with strong technical and communication skills.
- Experience in reviewing documentation received from suppliers (material specification, method statements, drawings, test results, etc.) for compliance with procedures.
- 5 years’ experience in mechanical and structural works, welding and Modular fabrication is preferred.
- Effective at performing repetitive tasks while maintaining a high level of concentration.
- Ability to read drawings, single line diagrams and other technical documentation, bill of Materials.
- Ability to read, write and complete documentation.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- +5 years expertise in field supervision activities
- Preferred experience in Alberta Oil Sands, experience in Alberta Module Fabrication Yards is an extra, knowledge of Canadian codes and requirements, CSA, ASME code B31.1 and B31.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE AS INCLUDED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Cooperation with the WHM and/or Warehouse Assistant (in some cases with the Subcontractor), that the material for fabrication or installation is correct and is completely available.
- Material verification: corresponding inspections have been carried out, both on supplier’s facilities and at the factory; also check the use of proper methods of material handling directed to prevent damages or deterioration. Any failure detected during this checking activity shall be immediately reported to the CM.
- Oversee execution of the Subcontractor's work.
- Verify material quality, traceability and provide that all tests are made according to project technical documents and applicable codes and specifications. Maintain record of all tests. Extent of testing shall be as foreseen in contractual project specifications.
- Execution and control of the quality duties (site inspections, quality surveillances, document preparations, approval processes of documentation, material checking, tracking of NCs, monitoring of modifications and deviations, etc.). All these activities carried out on-site shall be in accordance with applicable drawings, specifications, project requirements, codes and standards.
- Perform inspections of incoming materials both on-site and at the warehouse, with reference to procedures, inspection release notes and all applicable engineering documentation, checking characteristics, properties and quantities.
- Liaise closely with a group of Structural/Welding Supervisors and ensure that the project is as per the design requirements and to the quality standard necessary for the compliance with client specifications.
- Verify and control that the Subcontractor’s measuring tools have been calibrated by an approved agency and are not out of calibration date. A calibration record shall be created to control all the measuring tools and instruments used on-site; this record shall be periodically updated (weekly or monthly as required).
- Identify possible NCs, and suggest PAs according to the construction QC procedure "Construction Non Conformance Procedure" with the QCM. In case of NCs raised suggest and implement opportune CAs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Technical background / +5 years
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 5
HOURS OF WORK (SHIFTS):
Base on a compressed work week / this role will require frequent travel to the Module Yard and project sites. (Fulltime - Permanent)
Wage will be negotiated based on the successful candidate’s experience and education.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT TR CANADA INC:
- Terms are non-negotiable.
- TR offers permanent and full time employment. We are looking for staff not for contractors per project.
- TR’s compensation is offered as salary based calculations that are provided to the employee once per month. Hourly rates apply if overtime is performed. (Adhering to the Alberta labor board regulations codes)
- Benefits Plan - 20/80. Activated after 3 months of probationary period / health Spending Account $750.00 a year, per family and is prorated.
- RRSP matching starting at 2% for the 2 first years of employment and goes up to 5% for 10 years of employment.
- 3 Weeks vacations
- Position(S) are based in - Calgary, Edmonton, and Fort McMurray.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Phone number: (403) 234-0051
- Fax number: (403) 508-9894
- Point of Contact – Brenda. M / Human Resources Technician – Recruiter
Qualified applicants are asked to forward their resume via provider, with “Mechanical/Structural QC Inspector (BM) ", in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We are located at 310, 633 6th Avenue SW. Calgary Alberta Canada.
(WE WILL BE ACCEPTING RESUMES ONGOING; HOWEVER INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON AN APPOINTMENT BASIS ONLY)
If residing outside of Calgary, please provide information as to your relocation status