DEPUTY - QC WELDING INSPECTOR
DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN THE CANADIAN OIL & GAS MARKET?
TR Canada Inc. is an international general contractor, engaging in engineering, design and verbal construction of various types of industrial facilities for a broad spectrum of customers throughout the world, including many of the national oil companies as well as several multinational companies. Head of operations located in Madrid, Spain. We lead the engineering and construction sector of oil and gas in Spain; which is one of the world’s leaders in design and construction. We also provide engineering, management, start-up and operating services for industrial plants throughout the world.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years of experience in construction in oil and gas market. He/she must be organized, a multi-tasker and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Welding Inspector with strong technical and communication skills.
- Experience in reviewing welding procedures and inspections during and after welding activities.
- Reviews documentation received from suppliers (material specification, method statements, IT&Ps, drawings, test results, etc.) for compliance with procedures.
- 5 years’ experience working in quality control inspection is required
- Experience with CSA and ASME codes, reading drawings, single line diagrams and other technical documentation, and comprehension of Bill / Materials, and complete documentation.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred.
- Preferred experience in Alberta Module Fabrication Yards and management of QC inspections.
- Experience and knowledge of Canadian electric codes and requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE AS INCLUDED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Check, in cooperation with the WHM and/or Warehouse Assistant (in some cases with the Subcontractor), that the material for fabrication or installation is correct and is completely available.
- Verifying inspections are carried out, both on supplier’s facilities and at the factory; using of proper methods of material handling directed to prevent damages or deterioration.
- Oversee that the Subcontractor’s material stocks are sufficient to keep up with work's schedule.
- Verification and control of the welding process according to approved WPS and all applicable codes and standards, monitoring and inspect all work performed by trackers and welders and/or welding operators.
- Inspections and evaluations of welds according to specified inspection procedures, standards, codes,
- Record welding inspection results that were witnessed and prepare associated report.
- Make sure that all materials used are in accordance with project technical documents and applicable codes and specifications.
- Check material quality, traceability and provide that all tests are made according to project technical documents and applicable codes and specifications. Maintain record of all tests. Extent of testing shall be as foreseen in contractual project specifications.
- Assure that all works are carried out on schedule, otherwise check deficiency and refer to CM and/or CONTRACTOR's Deputy CM, in order to promptly define and implement CAs that permit to comply with the schedule.
- Record any modification after approval and in cooperation with CM and/or CONTRACTOR's Deputy CM, inform the CONTRACTOR's Subcontract Administrator if involving contractual changing.
- Keep a set of up to date copies of all the drawings relevant to works supervised and maintain in separate file all superseded copies, clearly identified as "SUPERSEDED".
- Record all modifications on master copy of drawings, for the issue of As-Built drawings.
- Check that Subcontractor is working on the base of last contractual edition of all drawings and other technical documents.
- Register lessons learned during the project by the use of the Lessons Learned application.
- Identify possible NCs, and suggest PAs according to the construction QC procedure "Construction Non Conformance Procedure" with the QCM. In case of NCs raised suggest and implement opportune CAs.
- Ensure the Subcontractor's measuring tools have been calibrated by an approved agency and are not out of calibration date.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years expertise in Industrial and/or Oil & Gas market is preferred Technical background (International experience is highly considered as asset.
- Preferred experience in Alberta Oil Sands and Module Fabrication Yards - Knowledge of Canadian codes and requirements, including ABSA
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 2
HOURS OF WORK (SHIFTS):
Base on a compressed work week / this role will require frequent travel to the Module Yard and project sites. (Fulltime - Permanent)
Wage will be negotiated based on the successful candidate’s experience and education.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT TR CANADA INC:
- Terms are non-negotiable.
- TR offers permanent and full time employment. We are looking for staff not for contractors per project.
- TR’s compensation is offered as salary based calculations that are provided to the employee once per month. Hourly rates apply if overtime is performed. (Adhering to the Alberta labor board regulations codes)
- Benefits Plan - 20/80. Activated after 3 months of probationary period / health Spending Account $750.00 a year, per family and is prorated.
- RRSP matching starting at 2% for the 2 first years of employment and goes up to 5% for 10 years of employment.
- 3 Weeks vacations
- Position(S) are based in - Calgary, Edmonton, and Fort McMurray.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Phone number: (403) 234-0051
- Fax number: (403) 508-9894
- Point of Contact – Brenda. M / Human Resources Technician – Recruiter
Qualified applicants are asked to forward their resume via provider, with “QC WELDING INSPECTOR (BM) ", in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are located at 310, 633 6th Avenue SW. Calgary Alberta Canada.
(WE WILL BE ACCEPTING RESUMES ONGOING; HOWEVER INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON AN APPOINTMENT BASIS ONLY)
If residing outside of Calgary, please provide information as to your relocation status