DEPUTY - QC MANAGER
DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN THE CANADIAN OIL & GAS MARKET?
TR Canada Inc. is an international general contractor, engaging in engineering, design and verbal construction of various types of industrial facilities for a broad spectrum of customers throughout the world, including many of the national oil companies as well as several multinational companies. Head of operations located in Madrid, Spain. We lead the engineering and construction sector of oil and gas in Spain; which is one of the world’s leaders in design and construction. We also provide engineering, management, start-up and operating services for industrial plants throughout the world.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10+ years of experience in construction in oil and gas market. He/she must be organized, a multi-tasker and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with ABSA regulations and in closure welds.
- Level II in NDE certification and work with B31.1, B31.3, CSA, ASME CODE / Turnover Dossiers
- Communication with all contractors’ site personnel in order to achieve a high percentage of quality during the construction stage.
- Coordinate that the issue and compilation of quality documentation carried out by the Subcontractor is in accordance with the projects quality requirements. Also check that all the quality documentation required (QC forms, ITPs) is being produced in parallel to construction activities and properly filed according to the guidelines stated in the “Construction Hand-over Procedure to implement the ITPs and QC forms applicable to the activities performed.
- Assist QC Manager with the punch list system, the construction quality inspection (subcontractors) and NCR and Quality training of construction personnel.
- Ensure, in accordance with the WHM and/or Warehouse Assistant, that all materials received on-site are properly inspected before use.
- Prepare and organize QC training sessions
- Communicate (bi-weekly reports) to Contractor’s construction QM at HO in Madrid.
- Identify any problems related to the product, process or quality system.
- Assist QC Manager with the contractor’s Construction QC Team during the execution works in accordance to the quality requirements indicated in the various project quality procedures, specifications, and other technical documents.
- Check proper and professional execution of the subcontractor’s work.
- Ensure that all the applicable documentation has been revised by each relevant contractor’s Discipline Supervisor.
- Work in close cooperation with the CM and construction personnel to assure that Handover Packages therefore act as Handover Coordinator.
- Help to maintain communication with the Subcontractor’s QC Manager.
- Help Identify possible NCs and suggest Pas according to the construction QC procedure “Construction Non Conformance Procedure”.
- Oversee the analyzed trends in work executions recording by sampling QC formats and notify the CM & contractor’s discipline supervisor’s corrective measures.
- Provide assistance in the distribution list of information to all contractors’ site staff, such as last revision of QC formats and procedures to assure that effective actions result from such information distribution.
- Periodically assist in the execution of the inspect/survey the quality of the construction, assuring that rectification of any errors, flaws or failures are being carried out and that results are notified, recorded and distributed.
- Fill in a daily log book.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- CVC+8 years expertise in Industrial and/or Oil & Gas market is preferred Technical background (International experience is highly considered as asset.
- Preferred experience in Alberta Oil Sands and Module Fabrication Yards - Knowledge of Canadian codes and requirements, including ABSA
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 2
HOURS OF WORK (SHIFTS):
Base on a compressed work week / this role will require frequent travel to the Module Yard and project sites. (Fulltime - Permanent)
Wage will be negotiated based on the successful candidate’s experience and education.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT TR CANADA INC:
- Terms are non-negotiable.
- TR offers permanent and full time employment. We are looking for staff not for contractors per project.
- TR’s compensation is offered as salary based calculations that are provided to the employee once per month. Hourly rates apply if overtime is performed. (Adhering to the Alberta labor board regulations codes)
- Benefits Plan - 20/80. Activated after 3 months of probationary period / health Spending Account $750.00 a year, per family and is prorated.
- RRSP matching starting at 2% for the 2 first years of employment and goes up to 5% for 10 years of employment.
- 3 Weeks vacations
- Position(S) are based in - Calgary, Edmonton, and Fort McMurray.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Phone number: (403) 234-0051
- Fax number: (403) 508-9894
- Point of Contact – Brenda. M / Human Resources Technician – Recruiter
Qualified applicants are asked to forward their resume via provider, with “DEPUTY - QC MANAGER (BM) ", in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are located at 310, 633 6th Avenue SW. Calgary Alberta Canada.
(WE WILL BE ACCEPTING RESUMES ONGOING; HOWEVER INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON AN APPOINTMENT BASIS ONLY)
If residing outside of Calgary, please provide information as to your relocation status