Do you have experience as a Cost Controller in the Canadian Oil & Gas Market?
TR Canada Inc. is an international general contractor, engaging in engineering, design and verbal construction of various types of industrial facilities for a broad spectrum of customers throughout the world, including many of the national oil companies as well as several multinational companies. Head of operations located in Madrid, Spain. We lead the engineering and construction sector of oil and gas in Spain; which is one of the world’s leaders in design and construction. We also provide engineering, management, start-up and operating services for industrial plants throughout the world.
This position is based in Calgary, Edmonton, and Fort McMurray.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Ensure that Project costs and forecasts are accurate and up to date by coordinating regularly for clients and TR Canada.
- Provide input for bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of performance including cost, schedule, material receiving, and quality on a per shift basis.
- Interface with the Project Controls, Project Management groups and construction contractors to ensure established tracking and reporting requirements are being fulfilled.
- Participate in site coordination meetings to maintain level of familiarity of project status, as well as to be of assistance in areas of reporting and cost.
- Co-responsible for cost analysis, development and presentation of cost impact integration measures to the project management.
- Organize materials for the preparation of weekly and monthly meetings, presentations.
- Degree in Engineering or Business, Construction Management, Certificate in Engineering Technology, Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of project controls experience.
- Basic experience in cost control including craft labour and construction materials and equipment control.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and SAP
- Experience with oil, gas or petrochemical is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present data and analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills. The position could occasionally require the ability to work in an aggressive or potentially confrontational environment.
Experience is highly considered as asset. Number of Positions: 5
Hours of work (shifts): Base on a compressed work week / this role will requires frequent travel to the Module Yard and project sites. (Fulltime - Permanent)
Salary: CAD $110,000.00 -$ 130,000.00 / 40 hours a week - Wage will be negotiated based on the successful candidate’s experience and education.
Benefits: Medical and Dental after a three month probationary period.
Location: Fort McMurray, Edmonton, Calgary and elsewhere – Calgary – Alberta – Canada
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT TR CANADA INC
- Terms are non-negotiable.
- TR offers permanent and full time employment. We are looking for staff not for contractors per project.
- TR’s compensation is offered as salary based calculations that are provided to the employee once per month. Hourly rates apply if overtime is performed. (Adhering to the Alberta labor board regulations codes)
- Benefits Plan - 20/80. Activated after 3 months of probationary period / health Spending Account $750.00 a year, per family and prorated.
- RRSP matching starting at 2% for the 2 first years of employment and goes up to 5% for 10 years of employment.
- 3 Weeks vacations.
Qualified applicants are asked to forward their resume by email via Indeed with “Cost Controller ", in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
TR Canada Inc. is located at 310, 633 6th Avenue SW. Calgary Alberta Canada / Contact name: Hatsumi Miyamoto / Phone Number 403.234.0051 / Fax 403.508.9894 WE WILL BE ACCEPTING RESUMES ONGOING; HOWEVER INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON AN APPOINTMENT BASIS ONLY)
If residing outside of Alberta, please provide information as to your relocation status