TOURO Churrascaria, a high-end Brazilian Steakhouse, located in Toronto’s northern Town of Richmond Hill, (www.TouroSteakHouse.com) is looking for Line Cooks. This position starts immediately. The candidate will gain advanced knowledge of kitchen operation under an International Award Winning Executive Chef of 28 years.
There are both full time and part time positions available, requiring evening and weekends.
The Line Cook’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set up station according to restaurant guidelines
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Follows recipes, portion controls and presentation specifications as set by the ExChef
- Restock all items as needed throughout the shift
- Maintains Clean all work stations with the corresponding soap and sanitizer
- Has understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all equipment in the station
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen
- Must have minimum 3 years of experience in cooking sautéed foods.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Commitment to quality service
- Food and beverage knowledge preferred
- Food Handlers permit required.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions
25-40 per week
Indeed - 17 months ago