Toronto Research Chemicals Inc., is a manufacturer of complex organic chemicals for use in biomedical research. We supply research chemicals to bio-analytical, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and chemical manufacturing companies, as well as to hospitals, universities, and research institutes. Founded in 1982, and located in Toronto, Canada, we currently manufacture over 31,000 research chemicals used by scientists in over 85 countries.
Position Type: Regular
Position Status: Full-Time
Job: Synthetic Chemist
Work Location: North York, Ontario
Start Date: Immediately
Compensation: $45,000 - $65,000 based on experience
- Work under the supervision of a group leader performing complex organic synthesis and research and development work as required.
- Learn the operating procedures of the company.
- Set up synthetic organic reactions.
- Solve synthetic problems, develop, design and implement new routes as approved by the group leader and production manager.
- Synthesize and purify organic molecules.
- Follow chemical reactions using spectroscopic techniques and chromatographic methodology.
- Develop methodology for separating complex mixers.
- Interpret analytical data from spectroscopic analysis to characterize intermediates and final products.
- Perform process development and research.
- Work on a number of different projects of varying lengths and complexity at the same time and thereby perform chemical reactions and purifications in tandem.
- M.Sc. or a Ph.D in synthetic organic chemistry.
- Organizational and Communication skills are required.
- Have good theoretical knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry.
- Have good practical knowledge of synthetic methodology and separation technique.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS- Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews