Main Purpose of Job Role:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing all inventory control of finished products and intermediates.
Execute inventory control measures to ensure the company minimizes stock holding and maximizes stock system and paperwork accuracy.
The role carries responsibility for working with purchasing goods inwards and dispatch to ensure necessary functions are carried out correctly
The role may include other reasonable duties/tasks from time to time.
- Develop the company’s inventory management strategy with the aim of controlling costs
- Manage and maintain the company’s material and stocked product inventory including stock profiles and stock locations
- Manage and control perpetual inventory stock counting / inventory accuracy checks
- Ensure that goods inward / stock control department is well organized and controlled to sufficiently support production and the goals of the business.
- Ensure incoming product is receipted and managed appropriately according to company procedure.
- Ensure materials are ready and available for production as and when required.
- Assist purchasing to ensure that any materials that are late or holding up production for whatever reason are chased and followed up until received.
- Provide routine management information on inventory performance
- Write and maintain accurate written procedures for all main inventory control processes and functions.
- Perform cyclic stock checks
- Ensure works orders are correct and fully completed and that all stock has been allocated to the job correctly.
- Manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved.
- Achieve a minimum of 95% inventory record accuracy
- Ideally possessing a relevant professional qualification and/or suitable background experience in inventory management / purchasing
- Have a detailed understanding of inventory control / management systems an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment
- Possess excellent personal organization and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Knowledge of shipping process with Federal Express
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt
- Science degree will be an asset
- Possess relevant IT skills and database management