Reporting directly to the Manager Western Operations, you will be primarily responsible for technical sales and business development to support the growth of oil & gas refining (OGR), and industrial business in western Canada. You have complete sales responsibility for your territory; meet budgeted sales volume, dollars and profitability. You are required to travel within the assigned geographical territory to accomplish that goal. Using product and application knowledge gained from suppliers, the Account Manager is expected to create sales opportunities by identifying customer needs and providing suitable solutions.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the industrial chemical and oil & gas refining industries
- Proven track record of experience in selling the above industries
- College or University degree with preference for Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or other scientific discipline
- Entrepreneurial & Competitive spirit for business growth
- Proven ability to manage details on multiple projects simultaneously
- Superior problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong PC skills, including experience using MS Office, Outlook, ERP and Internet
- Maintain existing customer sales, building solid relationships to increase our position with these customers to ensure their complete satisfaction with our products and services.
- Identify, target and acquire new customers within the sales territory.
- Provide solutions to individual needs based on our broad range of product lines.
- Provide technical assistance and personalized service to your customers.
- Participate in events and trade shows specific to the industries you are covering.
- Support business unit campaigns to drive new account development and sales opportunities
- This position is tied to a home office – must have an internet access
- Valid driving license and a vehicle
- Available to work outside business hours and to travel away from home when needed
- Travelling will be mainly in Alberta but could also be required for other provinces in Canada on occasion.
The successful candidate is an accomplished sales executive with a strong technical (chemistry/chemical engineering) background. The candidate requires minimal supervision, is outgoing, builds relationships easily, is goal oriented, show strong organizational and time management skills and demonstrate internal team spirit.
If this position is of interest, please forward a copy of your resume in Word format along with your salary expectations.
Indeed - 7 months ago
TOPNOTCH has been building solid partnerships with clients since 1992. It's our professionalism and commitment to excellence that...