TJX CANADA Employee Reviews

Great work life balance
field (Current Employee) –  AB11 August 2015
Company lives what their values. great management, awesome people to work with. Feel challenged everyday! Everyday does not feel like work, its fun, energetic, lots of things to take care of. And you get the opportunity to grow within the company. Overal a Great Place to Work.
Fast paced, fun place to work. Supportive management, and friendly associates and customer base.
Assistant Manager Operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 August 2014
The typical day would start by
a) Receiving truck, transport merchandise to the floor which was an all day on going task.
b) Morning huddle. Discuss daily events and success of the store as well any policy changes that might have taken place.
c) Assign associates to their jobs and start the day.

Management is always a learning curve when old ones leave and new ones come in, however they for the most part were all very friendly and eager to learn. I worked with the Store Manager for 4 of my 5 years at Winners and we worked excellent together, we understood one another's strengths and weaknesses.

I Loved working with all my associates, some were self starters and others needed more encouragement. I also really enjoyed all the training seminars that were held for management. Eg. Conflict resolution, Health and Safety, First aide, Discrimination in the Work Place, these are just a few that I took during my employment with Winners.

Hardest part of my job was during inventory season, or when I had to do a large hiring session and training.

The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely the relationships that I made with fellow employees. I also enjoyed seeing my regular customers and talking with them. Over all I really enjoyed my employment with Winners, I learnt a lot of new skill that I can take with me.
Pros
People and daily challenges
Cons
Long Hours
It provides great ooprotunity to gain important skills required in my future career.
Summer Student Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 November 2015
It was a great place to gain valuable skills like communication, problem solving, etc. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help complete any task given.
N/A
Merchandising Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is being given new projects that I can use to enhance my skills and develop new ones that I can use to further my career in retail buying, category management and inventory analysis.
fun workplace and good job culture
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 October 2015
supportive management.Its not about the numbers of production packing and all but how you personally grow and develop.
Driven towards success and customer needs
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 August 2015
Highly competitive and and a great place to work, a company that lives by its values which is filtered from the cooperate level down to the hourly associate and temporary workers.
Fun place
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 December 2013
I enjoyed working at TJX Canada for the small amount of time. I got hands on knowledge of where to ticket the items, how many items to ticket per day, how to use the most of my time efficiently and how to correct mistakes the first time. I also learn to package items into store boxes and ship them off to the trucks for loading.
Every day was full of challenges, such as heavy boxes and moving heavy skids, but at the end of the day, there was always a smile on your face.
The workplace tried to make sure to have Spirit Day every week, where you could wear PJs to work, or have a funky hat to wear and you got the chance to enter into a draw to win a prize.
Pros
Spirit day
Cons
Lunch rooms far away.
Worst company ever
sales clerk (Former Employee) –  pembroke17 June 2014
Worked for about 7 months. Hours go to whoever sucks the manager's butt the most. No communication between management. Left there 2 months ago and still have not received a record of employment. This store just opened and if you can find more than 10 employees left (other than management)from the original 75 that started you would be lucky .
Cons
short shifts--maybe 1-2 3 or 4 hour shifts a week
if you have a good supervisor you are set
Receiver (Former Employee) –  brampton, ontario31 March 2015
work hard
do more than what is asked of you
Mostly great people to work with
if you dont fit in with the majority, you will not go far in this company
Cons
extremely high supervisor turnover
Great Opportunity for Summer Students - Lots of Training!
Allocation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 April 2015
I worked at TJX over one summer for four months and was put through a 6 week training program, alongside other full time employees that were just hired. The training I received was incredible, especially for a company to invest that into a summer student that was only there for 16 weeks.
Pros
Lots of training, co-workers always helpful
Cons
Not much direction once training is done (dependent on manager)
Productive environment with an emphasis on diversity.
Manager Trade Compliance (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 April 2013
Working in an off-price retail environment has different challenges than most industries. Importation of products vary from day-to-day and shipment-to-shipment. The Management foster a team environment, while still allowing their employees to have fun.
Pros
periodic sample sales
Cons
no consistency to product importation
productive work place
picker (Former Employee) –  brampton, On20 October 2015
lots of work and lots of workers. very multi cultural , friendly environment , workers recognition , balanced work environment, friendly staff and co workers
They live their mission statement daily. Fantastic atmosphere and huge potential to grow within the company.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 February 2015
TJX was a fantastic company to work for. They embody their mission statement. It is not just something posted on their walls and never revisited. There is great potential to grow within the company if that is what an individual is looking for. It is not just a job it is a family.
Friendly and motivating workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 September 2014
As a part time working employee I enjoy working at Tjx Canada. The people are very friendly and helpful. A typical day at work would just be going to work and do what you are been instructed to do. I have learned a lot of new and different things such as how to work fast in and fast working environment, how to pack merchandise properly, how to use different tools and equipment. I get along very well with my co-worker they always ready to help whenever you need help and giving advices.
Productive and Fast-Paced work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 December 2014
Co-workers coordinated with each other very well.
Management team is ready to liaise with associates any time and creates a respectful environment every day.
We have fun on Fridays when everybody brings their own food and stories together with lunch.
Busy but enjoyable
Manager of Operations and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta24 January 2014
It is not really fair to judge this company, as I was hired to hire, train, and do all the administration work for the startup of a new store. It was a very busy but fulfilling time. However, the split between on the floor and the office time was not what it was supposed to be. There were not enough hours in a day to do all that was required. I was essentially doing the job of two people, due to a lack of other qualified individuals applying.
Pros
nice store
Cons
extreme hours
Enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB20 January 2015
I enjoyed my time at winners. I worked with great managers, learning different skills from each one. Everyday was an adventure, always lots to do. I opened and closed the store. Receiving the truck in the morning was always fun seeing all the new products coming in. It was a high demanding job, always lots that needed to be done throughout the day. I enjoyed working in the cash office.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Long seasonal hours
Productive Work place
Sales Executive-part time (Former Employee) –  Toronto7 November 2014
A good company to work with....Is caring about staff....Improvement in management process day by day..co-worker are always helpful..most toughest part of the jobs is to have the knowledge all kind products.... and most enjoyable part is customer interaction
Good hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 March 2015
hours were good, hard to get time off when needed, it was a toxic environment to be working in
management was not considerate of schooling and the fact that that was a priority
very high turn around rate
Co-workers
Customer Service/Jewellery Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2014
Very diverse and great people to work with. Good retail store with long hours and great selection of clothing.
Pros
great customers, great co-workers
Cons
too much cleaning