TJX CANADA Employee Reviews

Great Opportunity for Summer Students - Lots of Training!
Allocation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 1, 2015
I worked at TJX over one summer for four months and was put through a 6 week training program, alongside other full time employees that were just hired. The training I received was incredible, especially for a company to invest that into a summer student that was only there for 16 weeks.
Pros
Lots of training, co-workers always helpful
Cons
Not much direction once training is done (dependent on manager)
if you have a good supervisor you are set
Receiver (Former Employee) –  brampton, ontarioMarch 31, 2015
work hard
do more than what is asked of you
Mostly great people to work with
if you dont fit in with the majority, you will not go far in this company
Cons
extremely high supervisor turnover
Efficient in Customer Services.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2015
Working at TJX is definitely exciting and challenging,meeting with clients and helping them with shopping, at the same keeping the store in order is definitely a huge task. But it has made me stronger and been able to build my skills.
Pros
Friendly Supervisors, Friendly Business Environment
Cons
Shared working Hours
great place to work
Retail sales associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 16, 2015
company has a great system of training, I enjoyed working at all positions I was offered. Management staff is always helpfull
Good hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 7, 2015
hours were good, hard to get time off when needed, it was a toxic environment to be working in
management was not considerate of schooling and the fact that that was a priority
very high turn around rate
Productive and team oriented.
General Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 11, 2015
A typical day started with a team meeting where associates are informed of the goals that were met and the target for the day. Once assigned associates proceed to work as a team to meet the day's target.
They live their mission statement daily. Fantastic atmosphere and huge potential to grow within the company.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 7, 2015
TJX was a fantastic company to work for. They embody their mission statement. It is not just something posted on their walls and never revisited. There is great potential to grow within the company if that is what an individual is looking for. It is not just a job it is a family.
Productive and fun workplace.
Merchandise Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  mississauga, ontarioFebruary 5, 2015
- multitasking is key
- celebrating success is evident at TJX
- positive environment
- lots of perks
- option to experience different departments
- great people/coworkers
Pros
lunches
A company that truely lives up to the say of "Work Life Balance"
OPS/CS Manager (Former Employee) –  ONJanuary 25, 2015
Amazing organization to be a part of. Good wages and benefits for Leaders or Managers.

TJX could improve on technology in the stores
Pros
work life balance
Cons
lack of systems and technology
Good social interaction with customers and associates.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 23, 2015
Cashiering, customer services, decoration, inventory, stocks display.
Enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABJanuary 20, 2015
I enjoyed my time at winners. I worked with great managers, learning different skills from each one. Everyday was an adventure, always lots to do. I opened and closed the store. Receiving the truck in the morning was always fun seeing all the new products coming in. It was a high demanding job, always lots that needed to be done throughout the day. I enjoyed working in the cash office.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
long seasonal hours
An okay place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 15, 2015
- typical day at work consisted of doing data entry
- i learned how to better my skill as an employee
- better communication skills
- dealt with bad situations but made them better
- had good co-workers, everyone understand how to work together and complete the task we were given
VOTED "great place to work" but favouritism is a huge negative part of the company.
Senior Allocation Analyst/ Associate Planner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 11, 2015
I learned a lot in the planning and allocation side of the retail world here. Built great relationships with the merchants.

The management team loved to gossip, and lack of closed door policy was actually implemented. Which is a hard place to dedicate a lot of your time to.

Promotions are offered to friends first than to the people who have dedicated time and work effort to implement a great "next big thing"
Pros
lots of lunches
Cons
favouritism, long hours, lack of recognition
Very organize and detail oriented ,friendly workplacement
CASHIERS AND CASH OFFICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  VaunghtJanuary 4, 2015
I learned how being organize has affect on my life.
And I become detail oriented.
N/A
Merchandising Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 3, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is being given new projects that I can use to enhance my skills and develop new ones that I can use to further my career in retail buying, category management and inventory analysis.
Productive and Fast-Paced work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKDecember 20, 2014
Co-workers coordinated with each other very well.
Management team is ready to liaise with associates any time and creates a respectful environment every day.
We have fun on Fridays when everybody brings their own food and stories together with lunch.
fun place
Temporary Receiver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 23, 2014
It was overall a fun fast pace environment to work in with a great management team. The hours were great, time flew by and the pay was ok.
Great Place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ONNovember 14, 2014
TJX Canada has been a great place to work and learn new skills neede.
Productive Work place
Sales Executive-part time (Former Employee) –  TorontoNovember 7, 2014
A good company to work with....Is caring about staff....Improvement in management process day by day..co-worker are always helpful..most toughest part of the jobs is to have the knowledge all kind products.... and most enjoyable part is customer interaction
Great co-workers. A diverse array of an excellent team of Associates
Gourmet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaOctober 20, 2014
If this Management team was on a training basis that was all the same, it would be far more effective than 3 different training styles for one task. My point is that when you have 3 managers telling you three different ways to do something, it only causes confusion which wastes time. Not only are you pressured to get all the merchandise to the floor in 30 minutes as per company standard, but you are also expected to help the customers, set up several tables, take down large carpets when needed, as well as be back up for the cashiers at the frontline. In addition, as a former Coordinator of Gourmet, which is a large area in itself, you are doing it alone so when your shift ends, in many cases so does the work. The best part of this job were the associates, who are virtually in the same position as you but are great people to work with. The Cons are in my case. the Management and their pressured and diverse styles of training. As well, I worked on a full time basis and I always felt bad for the associates who were called in for 3 hour shifts, which didn't make it easy for them to find another position to support their needs. As well, I found that many of the questions asked of Management were NOT answered in a timely fashion, or sometimes not at all. Asking a second time, was responded by a look that could send ice through your veins so you just don't do it. I did learn a lot at this company but ill admit that most of what I learned was through my other team member associates and not the Management!
Pros
the team associates, the customers
Cons
in my case, the management, the time for accomplisbing a well completed task, and the lack of time allowed to be able to accomplish proper customer service from start to finish.