TJX CANADA

TJX CANADA Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 19, 2013
Pros: spirit day
Cons: lunch rooms far away.
I enjoyed working at TJX Canada for the small amount of time. I got hands on knowledge of where to ticket the items, how many items to ticket per day, how to use the most of my time efficiently and how to correct mistakes the first time. I also learn to package items into store boxes and ship them off to the trucks for loading.
Every day was full of – more... challenges, such as heavy boxes and moving heavy skids, but at the end of the day, there was always a smile on your face.
The workplace tried to make sure to have Spirit Day every week, where you could wear PJs to work, or have a funky hat to wear and you got the chance to enter into a draw to win a prize. – less
Growing company with great employee culture.
Processing Manager, Distribution Centre (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: i was involved of many parts of the business which allowed me to learn budgeting, labour planning, product replenishment, purchasing, hr, it, accounting, inventory management, retail management and distribution centre management.
Cons: i was involved in all aspects of the business, and was expected to work long hours and weekends. working on the afternoon shift was not appealing.
Team environment focused on supply chain management. Learning and growth are encouraged. Management spends time one on one with reports to find best practices and work in harmony. Opening new stores frequently required project management and multi tasking as the existing stores still needed all the regular attention. Training new hires, and coaching – more... Managers was the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
Greate People, Typical Company
Merchandising Co-ordinator (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 18, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: low pay
Overall the company is an alright place to work.

Work is fasted pace and demanding, but the people are great, which makes the job appealing.
Fun diverse group of employees always with a smile and kind word.
Customer Service, Floor, Markdown Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 1, 2013
A great group of people to work with from diverse backgrounds that always bring a smile and a kind word. Customers know what they are looking for and get the service they need.
very challenging job
Security Guard (Former Employee), West Drive BramptonJuly 8, 2013
As a security guard it was my first job @ TJX Canada (West Dr). It was very challenging job. While doing security I had to provide good customer services. From this job I learned how to resolve and handle the problems with positive attitude. The most enjoyable part was when I had to monitor particular activity on cameras and write the report.
Productive and fun workplace with great company outings.
Cash Office Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 15, 2013
Pros: free lunches, great associates, great location.
Cons: not enough training hours, frequent changes in management.
TJX Canada is an up and coming company that I greatly appreciated and valued being a part of. Working in the cash office allowed me to let my obsessive compulsive organizational side run wild. Through my everyday work and the training of other associates and management, I was able to achieve an audit-proof system. This allowed me to have a key role – more... in loss prevention and it's awareness. While time was often limited, I was able to achieve productive and efficient results that allowed for little to no internal or external paperwork and cash handling company errors. – less
good and healthy work envirment
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 14, 2013
Pros: free lunch provided by co. many times
Cons: two beakes sufficient timing for food
people working in groups helping hand to new associates give proper training
All Depends on the Store & Management Team
WINNERS Merchandise Coordinator/Sales Associate (Current Employee), MississaugaApril 19, 2013
The team I work with are great people and have become good friends.

The job is very repetitive. Rules and standards are always changing. The customers always get what they want, no matter what. Hours are low, because sales are low.
Productive environment with an emphasis on diversity.
Manager Trade Compliance (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 17, 2013
Pros: periodic sample sales
Cons: no consistency to product importation
Working in an off-price retail environment has different challenges than most industries. Importation of products vary from day-to-day and shipment-to-shipment. The Management foster a team environment, while still allowing their employees to have fun.
overall nice work environment, friendly people
Technical Analyst - Infrastructure (Current Employee), MississaugaFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: work with some great professionalls
Cons: luck of communication and clear vision
Team work require improvements.
Please tell us more about working at this company in Your Review.
Awesome!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: flexible, good atmosphere.
Cons: unsteady fluctuation in hours.
It is an amazing place to work!
The people are fun, the management is on top of the game, everything runs smoothly!
Review
Customer Service Coordinator/Operations (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 8, 2012
Pros: flexible work hour
Cons: long standing from beginning to end of shift
Its just a place where you just have to keep busy at all times during customer traffic and also a fun place to work as everyone is given the previlege to express and give their honest opinion on operational mode.
Atmosphère de travail très agréable
Directrice adjointe service (Current Employee), Québec, QCJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: les possibilités d'évolution
Cons: pas de reconnaissance
Réception de la marchandise, ouverture des caisses, validation de la productivité, caucus matinal avec les employés, partage des informations importantes, du plan d'action et des objectifs de la journée.
Le management accès sur la communication ouverte.
L'aspect le plus difficile, les horaires de travail.
L'aspect le plus agréable, les journées ne se – more... ressemblent pas, pas le temps de s'ennuyer. – less