TJX CANADA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great co-workers. A diverse array of an excellent team of Associates
Gourmet Coordinator (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaOctober 20, 2014
Pros: the team associates, the customers
Cons: in my case, the management, the time for accomplisbing a well completed task, and the lack of time allowed to be able to accomplish proper customer service from start to finish.
If this Management team was on a training basis that was all the same, it would be far more effective than 3 different training styles for one task. My point is that when you have 3 managers telling you three different ways to do something, it only causes confusion which wastes time. Not only are you pressured to get all the merchandise to the floor in 30 minutes as per company standard, but you are also expected to help the customers, set up several tables, take down large carpets when needed, as well as be back up for the cashiers at the frontline. In addition, as a former Coordinator of Gourmet, which is a large area in itself, you are doing it alone so when your shift ends, in many cases so does the work. The best part of this job were the associates, who are virtually in the same position as you but are great people to work with. The Cons are in my case. the Management and their pressured and diverse styles of training. As well, I worked on a full time basis and I always felt bad for the associates who were called in for 3 hour shifts, which didn't make it easy for them to find another position to support their needs. As well, I found that many of the questions asked of Management were NOT answered in a timely fashion, or sometimes not at all. Asking a second time, was responded by a look that could send ice through your veins so you just don't do it. I did learn a lot at this company but ill admit that most of what I learned was through my other team member associates and not the Management!
Fast paced, fun place to work. Supportive management, and friendly associates and customer base.
Assistant Manager Operations (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 5, 2014
Pros: people and daily challenges
Cons: long hours
The typical day would start by
a) Receiving truck, transport merchandise to the floor which was an all day on going task.
b) Morning huddle. Discuss daily events and success of the store as well any policy changes that might have taken place.
c) Assign associates to their jobs and start the day.

Management is always a learning curve when old ones leave and new ones come in, however they for the most part were all very friendly and eager to learn. I worked with the Store Manager for 4 of my 5 years at Winners and we worked excellent together, we understood one another's strengths and weaknesses.

I Loved working with all my associates, some were self starters and others needed more encouragement. I also really enjoyed all the training seminars that were held for management. Eg. Conflict resolution, Health and Safety, First aide, Discrimination in the Work Place, these are just a few that I took during my employment with Winners.

Hardest part of my job was during inventory season, or when I had to do a large hiring session and training.

The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely the relationships that I made with fellow employees. I also enjoyed seeing my regular customers and talking with them. Over all I really enjoyed my employment with Winners, I learnt a lot of new skill that I can take with me.
Growing company with great employee culture.
Processing Manager, Distribution Centre (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: i was involved of many parts of the business which allowed me to learn budgeting, labour planning, product replenishment, purchasing, hr, it, accounting, inventory management, retail management and distribution centre management.
Cons: i was involved in all aspects of the business, and was expected to work long hours and weekends. working on the afternoon shift was not appealing.
Team environment focused on supply chain management. Learning and growth are encouraged. Management spends time one on one with reports to find best practices and work in harmony. Opening new stores frequently required project management and multi tasking as the existing stores still needed all the regular attention. Training new hires, and coaching Managers was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Productive and fun workplace with great company outings.
Cash Office Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 15, 2013
Pros: free lunches, great associates, great location.
Cons: not enough training hours, frequent changes in management.
TJX Canada is an up and coming company that I greatly appreciated and valued being a part of. Working in the cash office allowed me to let my obsessive compulsive organizational side run wild. Through my everyday work and the training of other associates and management, I was able to achieve an audit-proof system. This allowed me to have a key role in loss prevention and it's awareness. While time was often limited, I was able to achieve productive and efficient results that allowed for little to no internal or external paperwork and cash handling company errors.
Fun place
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 19, 2013
Pros: spirit day
Cons: lunch rooms far away.
I enjoyed working at TJX Canada for the small amount of time. I got hands on knowledge of where to ticket the items, how many items to ticket per day, how to use the most of my time efficiently and how to correct mistakes the first time. I also learn to package items into store boxes and ship them off to the trucks for loading.
Every day was full of challenges, such as heavy boxes and moving heavy skids, but at the end of the day, there was always a smile on your face.
The workplace tried to make sure to have Spirit Day every week, where you could wear PJs to work, or have a funky hat to wear and you got the chance to enter into a draw to win a prize.
VOTED "great place to work" but favouritism is a huge negative part of the company.
Senior Allocation Analyst/ Associate Planner (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: lots of lunches
Cons: favouritism, long hours, lack of recognition
I learned a lot in the planning and allocation side of the retail world here. Built great relationships with the merchants.

The management team loved to gossip, and lack of closed door policy was actually implemented. Which is a hard place to dedicate a lot of your time to.

Promotions are offered to friends first than to the people who have dedicated time and work effort to implement a great "next big thing"
Good team work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 23, 2015
Pros: good team work, flexible schedule
Cons: salary. no benefits, hard to get full time job
I took job in Winners as sales associate for my working holiday in Canada. It was good job, the coworkers and management were very friendly and polite. They are very good in coordination and team work. Work itself was pretty busy, so I never get bored. They pay min. wage and give you only part time with no benefits. They rise salary after half year, but it isn't even worthy mentioning. But this common practice in retail.
Friendly and motivating workplace
Packer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 19, 2014
As a part time working employee I enjoy working at Tjx Canada. The people are very friendly and helpful. A typical day at work would just be going to work and do what you are been instructed to do. I have learned a lot of new and different things such as how to work fast in and fast working environment, how to pack merchandise properly, how to use different tools and equipment. I get along very well with my co-worker they always ready to help whenever you need help and giving advices.
Busy but enjoyable
Manager of Operations and Customer Service (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: nice store
Cons: extreme hours
It is not really fair to judge this company, as I was hired to hire, train, and do all the administration work for the startup of a new store. It was a very busy but fulfilling time. However, the split between on the floor and the office time was not what it was supposed to be. There were not enough hours in a day to do all that was required. I was essentially doing the job of two people, due to a lack of other qualified individuals applying.
Enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Spruce Grove, ABJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: long seasonal hours
I enjoyed my time at winners. I worked with great managers, learning different skills from each one. Everyday was an adventure, always lots to do. I opened and closed the store. Receiving the truck in the morning was always fun seeing all the new products coming in. It was a high demanding job, always lots that needed to be done throughout the day. I enjoyed working in the cash office.
Great Opportunity for Summer Students - Lots of Training!
Allocation Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: Lots of training, co-workers always helpful
Cons: Not much direction once training is done (dependent on manager)
I worked at TJX over one summer for four months and was put through a 6 week training program, alongside other full time employees that were just hired. The training I received was incredible, especially for a company to invest that into a summer student that was only there for 16 weeks.
Worst company ever
sales clerk (Former Employee), pembrokeJune 17, 2014
Cons: short shifts--maybe 1-2 3 or 4 hour shifts a week
Worked for about 7 months. Hours go to whoever sucks the manager's butt the most. No communication between management. Left there 2 months ago and still have not received a record of employment. This store just opened and if you can find more than 10 employees left (other than management)from the original 75 that started you would be lucky .
Good management
Customer Service/Warehouse (Former Employee), 3850 American Dr. MissisaugaOctober 11, 2015
Pros: free beverages during summer
Cons: long hours
Productive and fun workplace with good management and co-workers.
I've learned how to cooperate with co-workers and check products that are to be priced.
There is not a hard part in this job.
The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with co-workers and hearing how I help in making the company's targets reached each day.
Productive environment with an emphasis on diversity.
Manager Trade Compliance (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 17, 2013
Pros: periodic sample sales
Cons: no consistency to product importation
Working in an off-price retail environment has different challenges than most industries. Importation of products vary from day-to-day and shipment-to-shipment. The Management foster a team environment, while still allowing their employees to have fun.
They live their mission statement daily. Fantastic atmosphere and huge potential to grow within the company.
Store Manager (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 7, 2015
TJX was a fantastic company to work for. They embody their mission statement. It is not just something posted on their walls and never revisited. There is great potential to grow within the company if that is what an individual is looking for. It is not just a job it is a family.
Progressive and Friendly environment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Work life balance, culture & the people
Cons: Plans requires approval which may take very long.
TJX Canada doesn't just speak about its culture and values we all make it a part of our daily habits, associates are friendly and management is approachable.

Weekly plans are always established and communicated in a clear and concise manner.
very challenging job
Security Guard (Former Employee), West Drive BramptonJuly 8, 2013
As a security guard it was my first job @ TJX Canada (West Dr). It was very challenging job. While doing security I had to provide good customer services. From this job I learned how to resolve and handle the problems with positive attitude. The most enjoyable part was when I had to monitor particular activity on cameras and write the report.
Ticketing/ Re-pack/ Lay-Up (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches.
TJX is a place where motivates you to work more hard day by day. It involves a great multi-cultural community and you learn new things each day you work. Management at TJX are very motivational as well, they would encourage workers like me to work hard and by the end of the year workers would be given free merchandise.
Efficient in Customer Services.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Friendly Supervisors, Friendly Business Environment
Cons: Shared working Hours
Working at TJX is definitely exciting and challenging,meeting with clients and helping them with shopping, at the same keeping the store in order is definitely a huge task. But it has made me stronger and been able to build my skills.
productive, fast paced environment, fun
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 19, 2015
Pros: less time for lunch
Cons: long hours, long walk to the lunch room
learned new ways to work faster and increase production
ticketed items and packed away to the correct stores
hardest part was the long hours
most enjoyable part was looking at the new items being shipped