TJX CANADA

TJX CANADA Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Co-workers
Customer Service/Jewellery Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2014
Pros: great customers, great co-workers
Cons: too much cleaning
Very diverse and great people to work with. Good retail store with long hours and great selection of clothing.
Fast paced, fun place to work. Supportive management, and friendly associates and customer base.
Assistant Manager Operations (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 5, 2014
Pros: people and daily challenges
Cons: long hours
The typical day would start by
a) Receiving truck, transport merchandise to the floor which was an all day on going task.
b) Morning huddle. Discuss daily events and success of the store as well any policy changes that might have taken place.
c) Assign associates to their jobs and start the day.

Management is always a learning curve when old ones leave – more... and new ones come in, however they for the most part were all very friendly and eager to learn. I worked with the Store Manager for 4 of my 5 years at Winners and we worked excellent together, we understood one another's strengths and weaknesses.

I Loved working with all my associates, some were self starters and others needed more encouragement. I also really enjoyed all the training seminars that were held for management. Eg. Conflict resolution, Health and Safety, First aide, Discrimination in the Work Place, these are just a few that I took during my employment with Winners.

Hardest part of my job was during inventory season, or when I had to do a large hiring session and training.

The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely the relationships that I made with fellow employees. I also enjoyed seeing my regular customers and talking with them. Over all I really enjoyed my employment with Winners, I learnt a lot of new skill that I can take with me. – less
Fun place to work.
Asst. Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2014
Good place to work and grow the career.Learnt a lot while working at TJX and improved myself quite a lot professionaly.Everybody in the team is helpful and allows to work independenty and achieve goals.
Worst company ever
sales clerk (Former Employee), pembrokeJune 17, 2014
Cons: short shifts--maybe 1-2 3 or 4 hour shifts a week
Worked for about 7 months. Hours go to whoever sucks the manager's butt the most. No communication between management. Left there 2 months ago and still have not received a record of employment. This store just opened and if you can find more than 10 employees left (other than management)from the original 75 that started you would be lucky .
Wonderful place with wonderful people.
Business Analyst (Former Employee), OntarioJune 13, 2014
Would love to serve again. The environment is friendly and perks are awesome.
Learnt a lot about team work
Data Centre Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 3, 2014
The best part at this job was support of co-workers, working as a team and helping each other whenever required.
productive
Warehouse associate (Former Employee), bramptonMay 19, 2014
A work place was good co-workers helpful management was good i learned to be co-operative work as a team and helpful to others.
productive work place
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), 3185 Mississauga , OntarioMay 7, 2014
Its a Productive work place , Challenging also , Need to pay attention when performing the job , Growing Company .
Ticketing/ Re-pack/ Lay-Up (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches.
TJX is a place where motivates you to work more hard day by day. It involves a great multi-cultural community and you learn new things each day you work. Management at TJX are very motivational as well, they would encourage workers like me to work hard and by the end of the year workers would be given free merchandise.
Fast paced friendly work environment
Sales associate (Current Employee), London, ONTFebruary 4, 2014
Fun work environment, a great place to express creativity and voice opinions with fellow employees and customers alike.
My co-workers have become an extended family of sorts.
All in all a good place to work.
First Time Experience
Part-time Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 1, 2014
Working at TJX was a great first time experience. I was put into a work environment with friendly people and learned right away what the basics of my job included. With it being a general labour job, it wasn't easy at first but I eventually adapted.
Amazing work environment
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJanuary 28, 2014
I love the culture, company core values and beliefs. A great company to work for.
Busy but enjoyable
Manager of Operations and Customer Service (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: nice store
Cons: extreme hours
It is not really fair to judge this company, as I was hired to hire, train, and do all the administration work for the startup of a new store. It was a very busy but fulfilling time. However, the split between on the floor and the office time was not what it was supposed to be. There were not enough hours in a day to do all that was required. I was – more... essentially doing the job of two people, due to a lack of other qualified individuals applying. – less
Productive and dedicated staff
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: holiday parties
Cons: not enough work to do sometimes
When I started working at the company, the staff were very friendly and helpful.
This job is not a full time job and I don't get any benefits
Packer (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 6, 2014
Very friendly people. I learned so many things. The management is good. Health and security is a priority at this management.
Fun place
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 19, 2013
Pros: spirit day
Cons: lunch rooms far away.
I enjoyed working at TJX Canada for the small amount of time. I got hands on knowledge of where to ticket the items, how many items to ticket per day, how to use the most of my time efficiently and how to correct mistakes the first time. I also learn to package items into store boxes and ship them off to the trucks for loading.
Every day was full of – more... challenges, such as heavy boxes and moving heavy skids, but at the end of the day, there was always a smile on your face.
The workplace tried to make sure to have Spirit Day every week, where you could wear PJs to work, or have a funky hat to wear and you got the chance to enter into a draw to win a prize. – less
Growing company with great employee culture.
Processing Manager, Distribution Centre (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: i was involved of many parts of the business which allowed me to learn budgeting, labour planning, product replenishment, purchasing, hr, it, accounting, inventory management, retail management and distribution centre management.
Cons: i was involved in all aspects of the business, and was expected to work long hours and weekends. working on the afternoon shift was not appealing.
Team environment focused on supply chain management. Learning and growth are encouraged. Management spends time one on one with reports to find best practices and work in harmony. Opening new stores frequently required project management and multi tasking as the existing stores still needed all the regular attention. Training new hires, and coaching – more... Managers was the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
Greate People, Typical Company
Merchandising Co-ordinator (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 18, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: low pay
Overall the company is an alright place to work.

Work is fasted pace and demanding, but the people are great, which makes the job appealing.
Fun diverse group of employees always with a smile and kind word.
Customer Service, Floor, Markdown Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 1, 2013
A great group of people to work with from diverse backgrounds that always bring a smile and a kind word. Customers know what they are looking for and get the service they need.
very challenging job
Security Guard (Former Employee), West Drive BramptonJuly 8, 2013
As a security guard it was my first job @ TJX Canada (West Dr). It was very challenging job. While doing security I had to provide good customer services. From this job I learned how to resolve and handle the problems with positive attitude. The most enjoyable part was when I had to monitor particular activity on cameras and write the report.