TJX CANADA Employee Reviews

Productive well organized work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 May 2017
Great Company to work for. Great people and a super culture of customer service. I learned allot and had fun while doing so. I would work for them again.
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kelowna8 May 2017
Winners is a great place to work with a fun, friendly, family-style atmosphere. The is always something fun happening to bring the team closer together.
Surprisingly good
Winners Merivale - Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2017
It's retail at the end of the day. Customers can be rough, hours can suck, but for the most part the management team goes far out of their way to ensure the employees are happy. Excellent team, knowledgeable overhead crew, and at the end of the day it isn't the worst place to work. Pay could always be better and hours could certainly be less hectic, but either way - it's a retail job, and we all know what we sign up for there.
Typical day includes meeting to prep everyone with the latest ideas and tactics, pushing for improvement as usual, and then being torn between the berating of rude customers and the joy of the good ones. Hardest part is definitely the repetition - too many things to pitch and say when at the end of the day 90% customers don't care. Best part is easily the coworkers - most pleasant company I've ever seen.
Pros
Nice people, decent hours per week, management
Cons
Early/late hours more often than not, pay is minimum, customers can be problematic, lot of scripts to pitch at cash
Productive and work orientated environment
SDI Marketing (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2017
we would do work and later on we would do work and after lunch what was waiting for us there was more work. overall there were a lot of people there and it was alright
Very fast pace job
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 May 2017
The company is doing well which brings a form of job security. The store environment is also fun as they always have new products. The company however expects a lot and is not forgiving.

The company is quick to manage people out. Mangers have a high turnover and this culture permeates at different levels.
Pros
Seeing the new product
Cons
Very fast pace. Nothing is ever good enough.
What I've Learned
Customer Service - Ticketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 April 2017
Not everyone likes new people coming into a job. Favourites have already been established, your fellow employees expect you do as they say even if the Supervisor/Manager told you otherwise.
Typical Day at work
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2017
Working at TJX is all about team work and coordinating with others to get work done. Communication is important as well as making the right documentation to get the project done.
Very tough job
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 April 2017
Learned a lot about data entry for two years. Enjoyed the TJX employees. Very helpful. Hardest part of getting used to data entry. Loved working for the company. It was a great experience.
Great culture
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto30 March 2017
I've enjoyed my career with TJX particularly because of the people and strong value based culture. We worked hard but also enjoyed what we do everyday.
Pros
great team of people
Cons
doing more with less every year.
Factory job
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 March 2017
Did not enjoy this at. Horrible working conditions, as there was no A/C in a metal factory full of thousands of people causing it to be incredibly hot during the summer. Overall it was a learning experience that detoured me from ever pursuing a factory job.

Want to know more about TJX CANADA?

Ask a question
Exciting workplace
Winners, TJX Canada, Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON21 March 2017
This job made me stand in front of end users and customers. Being a cashier not only led be to work in fast pace environment but also help me to comprehend real customer need.
Pros
Motivating Managers
Cons
Have to stand continuously for longer hours
my experince with tjx canada
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 March 2017
My experience of 10 years in tjx Canada was full of knowledge. I have learned how to deal with people in difficult situation. I like to work in an organized way. I always like to take challenges also I always finish my target on time or before time, I always double check my work before submit and I like to work with people or also like to work alone its all about the job description. The most enjoyable part is to work with tjx is always I learn new things and they give the challenge everyday.I worked with all multicultural people.
it was fun and enjoyable
Packager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 February 2017
i liked this job the best, due to the fact i had a lot of friends, family members working there. there was a lot of nice supervisors and a lot of free snacks. they took care of us really nice
Pros
free lunch
Cons
nothing
Fast paced forward thinking
Merchandising Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 February 2017
There was always something to do and everyone was cross trained to do multiple jobs. It was however, often understaffed which could be stressful
Pros
Free food and friendly coworkers
Cons
Short staffed, sometimes felt lost in the huge company
Amazing workplace
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 April 2016
At Winners at St. Laurent have their busy and dead days, I did learn different jobs all around the store like for example working at the warehouse, fitting room, sales floor, customer service and so on. The management are friendly, approachable, have a connections with the staff, always dependable and amazing. My co-workers works with harmony, there is always a teamwork and they always ready to help you out if you need help. The hardest part of the job is when it is really busy at the store and we need more people at the customer service though like I mentioned we always have a teamwork and we can call anyone on the floor to help us. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my customers happy and satisfied with the service that they have experienced.
Typical day at work
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2016
Morning receiving of merchandise Mon-Fri.
Learned leadership skills,
Managing 50-60 associates
Great staff who are hard workers
Maintaining high energy through out the day
Engaging with customers, ensuring we provide the best shopping experience, and the amazing hard working staff.
Diversity
Packaging clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, On24 February 2016
They are good company its just hard to get a full time job. They are running via agency. Supervisor are great, fast paced. You do your job properly and noting will go wrong.
Pros
great people
Cons
some politics
Family like work culture
Data Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2016
Great place to work with great people. Lots of learning and opportunists. Bureaucratic structure with a top down approach.
Great Place
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2016
Overall a fantastic organization! Great culture, strong values and associate care. I have learned quite a bite over my time here and have enjoyed almost everyday.
environnement de travail agréable
commis a la réception de la marchadise (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC4 February 2016
travail physique et manuel demande de la rapidité d'exécution effort soutenu afin d'arriver dans les delais
Pros
collègue agréable, direction compréhensive
Cons
salaire, nombre d'heure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TJX CANADA. Our community is ready to answer.