TJX CANADA Employee Reviews

friendly environment
housekeeping and safety functions (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 July 2017
nothing much to say, friendly work environment
ticketing and sorting merchandise for stores
medium to fast paced
standing is the hardest part about the job
Pros
job is not hard
Cons
standing for 8 hours
Assistant Manager of operations (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON21 June 2017
I have worked with TJX for 8 years. I have gained an enormous amount of experience through training and leadership within the organization. They foster a culture that is second to none.
Great workplace with amazing benefits such as table tennis, pool, foosball, an onsite gym and cafeteria
Business Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 June 2017
A great place to work with amazing culture. But rarely any opportunity for growth. Job titles do not reflect level of work performed. If there were more opportunities there would be even lower turnover.
A good place to work.
Jewelry Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2017
A good place to work. The salary is average. Management is good. You need to work fast and hard during the time of your shift.The most enjoyable part of the job is work with people and make them happy with their' purchases.
Pros
Good workplace culture.
Cons
Working weekends and evenings.
Productive environment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 June 2017
TJX was a positive work place, full of very goood people, I really enjoyed working for this amazing company wit great people and the people at Tjx make the company better
Pros
People
Hard to advance within
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 May 2017
The company likes to hire external candidates for management positions and positions higher up.High turnover, some just hired and in less than a week quit.
Productive well organized work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 May 2017
Great Company to work for. Great people and a super culture of customer service. I learned allot and had fun while doing so. I would work for them again.
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kelowna8 May 2017
Winners is a great place to work with a fun, friendly, family-style atmosphere. The is always something fun happening to bring the team closer together.
Surprisingly good
Winners Merivale - Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2017
It's retail at the end of the day. Customers can be rough, hours can suck, but for the most part the management team goes far out of their way to ensure the employees are happy. Excellent team, knowledgeable overhead crew, and at the end of the day it isn't the worst place to work. Pay could always be better and hours could certainly be less hectic, but either way - it's a retail job, and we all know what we sign up for there.
Typical day includes meeting to prep everyone with the latest ideas and tactics, pushing for improvement as usual, and then being torn between the berating of rude customers and the joy of the good ones. Hardest part is definitely the repetition - too many things to pitch and say when at the end of the day 90% customers don't care. Best part is easily the coworkers - most pleasant company I've ever seen.
Pros
Nice people, decent hours per week, management
Cons
Early/late hours more often than not, pay is minimum, customers can be problematic, lot of scripts to pitch at cash
Productive and work orientated environment
SDI Marketing (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 May 2017
we would do work and later on we would do work and after lunch what was waiting for us there was more work. overall there were a lot of people there and it was alright
Very fast pace job
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC1 May 2017
The company is doing well which brings a form of job security. The store environment is also fun as they always have new products. The company however expects a lot and is not forgiving.

The company is quick to manage people out. Mangers have a high turnover and this culture permeates at different levels.
Pros
Seeing the new product
Cons
Very fast pace. Nothing is ever good enough.
What I've Learned
Customer Service - Ticketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 April 2017
Not everyone likes new people coming into a job. Favourites have already been established, your fellow employees expect you do as they say even if the Supervisor/Manager told you otherwise.
Typical Day at work
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2017
Working at TJX is all about team work and coordinating with others to get work done. Communication is important as well as making the right documentation to get the project done.
Very tough job
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 April 2017
Learned a lot about data entry for two years. Enjoyed the TJX employees. Very helpful. Hardest part of getting used to data entry. Loved working for the company. It was a great experience.
Great culture
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto30 March 2017
I've enjoyed my career with TJX particularly because of the people and strong value based culture. We worked hard but also enjoyed what we do everyday.
Pros
great team of people
Cons
doing more with less every year.
Factory job
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 March 2017
Did not enjoy this at. Horrible working conditions, as there was no A/C in a metal factory full of thousands of people causing it to be incredibly hot during the summer. Overall it was a learning experience that detoured me from ever pursuing a factory job.
Exciting workplace
Winners, TJX Canada, Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON21 March 2017
This job made me stand in front of end users and customers. Being a cashier not only led be to work in fast pace environment but also help me to comprehend real customer need.
Pros
Motivating Managers
Cons
Have to stand continuously for longer hours
my experince with tjx canada
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 March 2017
My experience of 10 years in tjx Canada was full of knowledge. I have learned how to deal with people in difficult situation. I like to work in an organized way. I always like to take challenges also I always finish my target on time or before time, I always double check my work before submit and I like to work with people or also like to work alone its all about the job description. The most enjoyable part is to work with tjx is always I learn new things and they give the challenge everyday.I worked with all multicultural people.
it was fun and enjoyable
Packager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 February 2017
i liked this job the best, due to the fact i had a lot of friends, family members working there. there was a lot of nice supervisors and a lot of free snacks. they took care of us really nice
Pros
free lunch
Cons
nothing
Fast paced forward thinking
Merchandising Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 February 2017
There was always something to do and everyone was cross trained to do multiple jobs. It was however, often understaffed which could be stressful
Pros
Free food and friendly coworkers
Cons
Short staffed, sometimes felt lost in the huge company