TJX CANADA Employee Reviews

Amazing workplace
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 April 2016
At Winners at St. Laurent have their busy and dead days, I did learn different jobs all around the store like for example working at the warehouse, fitting room, sales floor, customer service and so on. The management are friendly, approachable, have a connections with the staff, always dependable and amazing. My co-workers works with harmony, there is always a teamwork and they always ready to help you out if you need help. The hardest part of the job is when it is really busy at the store and we need more people at the customer service though like I mentioned we always have a teamwork and we can call anyone on the floor to help us. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my customers happy and satisfied with the service that they have experienced.
Good team work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 June 2015
I took job in Winners as sales associate for my working holiday in Canada. It was good job, the coworkers and management were very friendly and polite. They are very good in coordination and team work. Work itself was pretty busy, so I never get bored. They pay min. wage and give you only part time with no benefits. They rise salary after half year, but it isn't even worthy mentioning. But this common practice in retail.
Pros
good team work, flexible schedule
Cons
salary. no benefits, hard to get full time job
Progressive and Friendly environment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 January 2016
TJX Canada doesn't just speak about its culture and values we all make it a part of our daily habits, associates are friendly and management is approachable.

Weekly plans are always established and communicated in a clear and concise manner.
Pros
Work life balance, culture & the people
Cons
Plans requires approval which may take very long.
A company that truely lives up to the say of "Work Life Balance"
OPS/CS Manager (Former Employee) –  ON25 January 2015
Amazing organization to be a part of. Good wages and benefits for Leaders or Managers.

TJX could improve on technology in the stores
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Lack of systems and technology
VOTED "great place to work" but favouritism is a huge negative part of the company.
Senior Allocation Analyst/ Associate Planner (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2015
I learned a lot in the planning and allocation side of the retail world here. Built great relationships with the merchants.

The management team loved to gossip, and lack of closed door policy was actually implemented. Which is a hard place to dedicate a lot of your time to.

Promotions are offered to friends first than to the people who have dedicated time and work effort to implement a great "next big thing"
Pros
lots of lunches
Cons
favouritism, long hours, lack of recognition
Excellent place to work
Winners & Marshalls Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 September 2014
Great culture and team work
great salary and benefits
team bbq's
challenging and also stress free
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
afternoon shift with no opportunity for day shift in the near future
Good management
Customer Service/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  3850 American Dr. Missisauga11 October 2015
Productive and fun workplace with good management and co-workers.
I've learned how to cooperate with co-workers and check products that are to be priced.
There is not a hard part in this job.
The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with co-workers and hearing how I help in making the company's targets reached each day.
Pros
free beverages during summer
Cons
Growing company with great employee culture.
Processing Manager, Distribution Centre (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 November 2013
Team environment focused on supply chain management. Learning and growth are encouraged. Management spends time one on one with reports to find best practices and work in harmony. Opening new stores frequently required project management and multi tasking as the existing stores still needed all the regular attention. Training new hires, and coaching Managers was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
I was involved of many parts of the business which allowed me to learn budgeting, labour planning, product replenishment, purchasing, HR, IT, accounting, inventory management, retail management and distribution centre management.
Cons
I was involved in all aspects of the business, and was expected to work long hours and weekends. Working on the afternoon shift was not appealing.
productive
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 February 2016
I have just worked there for 4 months and I like the job and the management and staff are very welcoming and they know what they are doing and treat all employees very well and equally.
Pros
free lunches on occasions
Cons
flexible hours
Typical day at work
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2016
Morning receiving of merchandise Mon-Fri.
Learned leadership skills,
Managing 50-60 associates
Great staff who are hard workers
Maintaining high energy through out the day
Engaging with customers, ensuring we provide the best shopping experience, and the amazing hard working staff.
Diversity
Packaging clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, On24 February 2016
They are good company its just hard to get a full time job. They are running via agency. Supervisor are great, fast paced. You do your job properly and noting will go wrong.
Pros
great people
Cons
some politics
Great Place
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2016
Overall a fantastic organization! Great culture, strong values and associate care. I have learned quite a bite over my time here and have enjoyed almost everyday.
won great place to work 2 years in a row
CUSTOMER SERVICE/OPERATIONS CO-ORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 February 2016
tjx has 8 core values to live by as associate, they also are about work and home life balance. most associates are crossed trained so that you are more available for extra shifts
productive, fast paced environment, fun
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 September 2015
learned new ways to work faster and increase production
ticketed items and packed away to the correct stores
hardest part was the long hours
most enjoyable part was looking at the new items being shipped
Pros
less time for lunch
Cons
long hours, long walk to the lunch room
Family like work culture
Data Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2016
Great place to work with great people. Lots of learning and opportunists. Bureaucratic structure with a top down approach.
Amazing core values, work as a team to delivery results. Great place to work!!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 January 2016
Love my job and love the company. Work with the best team! Core values are lived every day, from the President down people are there to help you and your store grow and succeed.
Ticketing/ Re-pack/ Lay-Up (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 February 2014
TJX is a place where motivates you to work more hard day by day. It involves a great multi-cultural community and you learn new things each day you work. Management at TJX are very motivational as well, they would encourage workers like me to work hard and by the end of the year workers would be given free merchandise.
Pros
Free Lunches.
Productive and fun workplace with great company outings.
Cash Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2013
TJX Canada is an up and coming company that I greatly appreciated and valued being a part of. Working in the cash office allowed me to let my obsessive compulsive organizational side run wild. Through my everyday work and the training of other associates and management, I was able to achieve an audit-proof system. This allowed me to have a key role in loss prevention and it's awareness. While time was often limited, I was able to achieve productive and efficient results that allowed for little to no internal or external paperwork and cash handling company errors.
Pros
Free lunches, great associates, great location.
Cons
Not enough training hours, frequent changes in management.
great place, great people, great culture! Simple amazing
Regional Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver29 October 2015
great place, wonderful people, great culture
Flexibility
Empowerment
The people are the heart of this business. The business model is great.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
to many changes
3/5
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 November 2015
first serious job i ever had. good company and nice place and associates.
too much drama and confusion with staff and management.
people come and go always. low hours.