SITE SUPERVISOR (LARGE EARTH WORKS) PROJECT
TJ’s Oilfield Contracting is recognized as one of Fort McMurray’s premier contractor, it is a full-service construction and procurement (CP) company serving Western Canada’s oil sands and conventional oil and gas producers for nearly 13 years. Our continued growth comes from an experienced team of professionals who have an absolute commitment to providing our clients with exceptional service. We specialize in thermal heavy oil (SAGD, CSS), enhanced site servicing/mulching logging, earthworks, and sustaining capital projects. We have earned our reputation as a trusted leader in on-site projects, working on some of the most successful in-situ heavy oil projects in the oil sands.
TJ’s Oilfield Contracting Limited is seeking to hire an experienced Site Supervisor (Large Earth Works) Project.
Main Duties and Competencies:
The Site Supervisor (Large Earth Works) Project reports to the Civil Operations Manager, and is responsible for one or more projects. This position is project based and rotational travel is required. The Site Supervisor (Large Earth Works) Project is a senior member of the leadership team who will direct the responsibilities and activities of the project team as well as, estimation, planning/scheduling, progress reporting, cost and schedule control. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring, assessing and reporting progress within the projects
- Developing and managing overall program plan
- Program reporting at the management level with stakeholders
- Providing overall risk management reporting at the project level
- Liaising with other Project Supervisors/Superintendents, Project Managers, Program Managers, Engineering Manager, Clients, Vendors, etc.
- Bachelors in Engineering (Civil), CET or PMP designation would be an asset
- 3-5 years experience as a Site Supervisor in large earth work projects in civil engineering and project management in the construction, and oil & gas industry
- Experience in managing multiple facility modification projects (heavy oil/SAGD/CS projects is an asset)
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary onsite team
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Conflict management experience
- Strong leadership skills (proven success of leading people, ability to delegate and achieve results through teamwork)
- Strong safety orientation to ensure compliance to the HSE protocols
What we offer
An opportunity with TJ’s is not just a job; it is a long-term career opportunity where you will be able to be part of the future growth of his exciting young organization. Our tight-knit team approach owes its success.
- A stimulating, fast-paced and challenging work environment where you will contribute to the most successful oil and gas projects in Western Canada
- An opportunity to be a part of an entrepreneurial, highly technically skilled team.
- A strong value-based organization that provides an informal, close-knit team environment, where you and your family feel like a part of our organization, and not just an employee number
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- An organization that values and encourages diversity
COPIES OF THE FOLLOWING TO BE SUBMITTED ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION/RESUME:
1. Valid Driver’s Licence (Minimum Class 5) and clean Driver’s Abstract.
2. CSTS/PCST (CSTS can be taken on-line from Alberta Construction Safety Association).
3. Valid H2S Alive this classroom training can only be from Enform (H2S Awareness is not acceptable).
4. Ground Disturbance Level II this classroom training can only be from Global Training Centre, Learn-Rite Courses Inc., Astec Safety Inc. or Alberta Construction Safety Association.
5. Standard First Aid course of two days duration or higher level.
6. WHMIS. WHMIS Training can also be provided by the company during Orientation.
7. TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods). TDG Training can also be provided by the company during Orientation.
UPON SELECTION THE FOLLOWING ARE TO BE SUBMITTED:
8. Five (5) panel Drug & Alcohol Test Result (must be urine based and completed within one week prior to hiring date) at the applicant's cost.
9. Driver’s Abstract (must be obtained from the Registry or on-line within one week prior to hiring date) at the applicant's cost.
APPLY VIA FAX or E-Mail
Apply by indicating the position title "Site Supervisor (Large Earth Works) Project" in the subject line of the Fax to Fax No. 780-790-0139 or E-Mail. Also indicate your current compensation and expected compensation along with your availability date to join in the Fax / E-mail.