QA/QC INSPECTOR – CIVIL WORKS
Recognized as one of Fort McMurray’s premier contractors, TJ’s Oilfield Contracting Limited is a full-service construction and procurement (CP) company serving Western Canada’s oil sands and conventional oil and gas producers for nearly 13 years. Our continued growth comes from an experienced team of professionals who have an absolute commitment to providing our clients with exceptional service. We specialize in thermal heavy oil (SAGD, CSS), enhanced site servicing/mulching logging, earthworks, and sustaining capital projects. We have earned our reputation as a trusted leader in on-site projects, working on some of the most successful in-situ heavy oil projects in the oil sands.
TJ’s Oilfield Contracting Limited is seeking to urgently hire an experienced QA/QC Inspector – Civil Works for one of its project site in Fort McMurray, Alberta. Attractive and competitive compensation package commensurate to qualifications and experience.
The QA/QC Inspector – Civil Works is responsible for the implementation of quality control procedures and plans for providing a more efficient onsite construction work. He or she develops and maintains quality standards that apply to onsite construction work, ensuring proper implementation. The QA/QC Inspector reviews and approves inspections, test plans and quality control plans. He or she identifies, analyzes and resolves problems and issues with quality assurance and control for site construction. The QA/QC Inspector plans and coordinates QA/QC activities, making certain of quality control of the work in accordance to contract requirements. It is the responsibility of the QA/QC Inspector to supervise the activities of the quality service provider to ensure diligent performance. The QA/QC Inspector reviews and approves the quality documentation and implements contractor audits as well.
Knowledge, Skills and abilities of the QA/QC Inspector are as follows; have a CET level education in a civil engineering discipline, at least 5 year experience in a QA/QC Inspector role in the oil and gas industry, preferably with a Civil Construction Company, record of compliance with quality work standards, good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work well under pressure as well as keep up with several tasks at the same time, excellent skills in leading and managing of people, effective influencing skills and strong commercial awareness, data entry skills and a ISO 9001:2000 designation is an asset.
Safety ticket requirements (please note that only those applicants would be considered who possess at least the first five documents/safety tickets listed below, copies of which must be attached along with the Resume/Application):
1. Valid Driving Licence (minimum Class 5)
2. CSTS (On-line course “Construction Safety Training System” preferable by Alberta Construction Safety Association).
3. Enform H2S Alive (Classroom training by Enform, H2S Awareness is not acceptable).
4. Standard First Aid Course (Classroom training of two days).
5. Ground Disturbance Level II (Classroom training only by Global Training Centre, Learn Rite Courses Inc., Astec Safety Inc. or Alberta Construction Safety Association, please note that On-line course of Ground Disturbance Level II is not acceptable).
6. WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System). In case the applicant does not possess the WHMIS ticket, then the WHMIS Training can be provided during the TJ’s Orientation upon hiring.
7. TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods). In case the applicant does not possess the TDG ticket, then the TDG Training can be provided during the TJ’s Orientation upon hiring.
Once the candidate has been finalized for hiring into a position, then the following are required:
8. Current five panel Drug & Alcohol Test Result, must be urine based and completed within one week prior to hiring date at the cost of the applicant.
9. A clean Driver’s Abstract (obtained within one week prior to hiring date) at the cost of the applicant.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply for this job only in the manner specified below. Please indicate “QA/QC INSPECTOR” in the subject line.
Through the website of TJ's Oilfield Contracting Limited or through the Indeed.ca website.
TJ’s Oilfield Contracting Limited, Bay 1-A, 235 MacKay Crescent, Fort McMurray, Alberta, T9H 4T5.
Tel. 780-790-9573 Ext.225.