Recognized as one of Fort McMurray’s premier contractors, TJ’s Oilfield Contracting is a full-service construction and procurement (CP) company serving Western Canada’s oil sands and conventional oil and gas producers for nearly 13 years. Our continued growth comes from an experienced team of professionals who have an absolute commitment to providing our clients with exceptional service. We specialize in thermal heavy oil (SAGD, CSS), enhanced site servicing/mulching logging, earthworks, and sustaining capital projects. We have earned our reputation as a trusted leader in on-site projects, working on some of the most successful in-situ heavy oil projects in the oil sands.
The Project Coordinator will coordinate project work while supporting project management staff.
Team members in a Project Coordinator role are expected to develop core competencies such as Project Delivery, Financial Management, Risk Management, and Estimating and Planning, LEM (Labour & Equipment Management), preparation of daily crew reports, procuring and processing of rental equipment, preparation of daily equipment list and site specific equipment list and prepare any other reports required by the client.
- Coordinates projects, actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Under supervision (where necessary), estimates costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion to agreed terms of reference for each project they are responsible for.
- Prepares and maintains project plans and tracks activities against the plan, providing regular and accurate reports as appropriate.
- Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and reviews actions where these deviate from agreed tolerances with manager.
- Ensures that deliverables are implemented within these criteria.
- Manages the change control procedure gaining agreement for revisions to the project from project stakeholders.
- Identifies issues and problems with scope and progress of the project. Identifies any changed circumstances.
- Ensures quality of project reporting.
- May act as backup to project management staff as needed
- Will coordinate bounded areas of project work while supporting project management.
- Minimum of 2 years of prior experience in a Project Coordinator role in modification projects (heavy oil/SAGD/CS projects) is required.
- Must demonstrate managing multiple projects or programmes to successfully deliver within specified timescales and budget.
- CET designation preferred.
- Setting Direction.
- Focusing on Customer.
- Driving Results.
We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a local business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees.
Apply by indicating the position title "Project Coordinator" in the subject line of the e-mail. Also indicate your current compensation and expected compensation along with your availability date to join in the e-mail.