Recognized as one of Fort McMurray’s premier contractors, TJ’s Oilfield Contracting Limited is a full-service construction and procurement (CP) company serving Western Canada’s oil sands and conventional oil and gas producers for nearly 13 years. Our continued growth comes from an experienced team of professionals who have an absolute commitment to providing our clients with exceptional service. We specialize in thermal heavy oil (SAGD, CSS), enhanced site servicing/mulching logging, earthworks, and sustaining capital projects. We have earned our reputation as a trusted leader in on-site projects, working on some of the most successful in-situ heavy oil projects in the oil sands.
TJ’s Oilfield Contracting Limited is seeking to hire an experienced Field Health, Safety and Environment Adviser for project work in Northern Alberta.
Job Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Cover material for daily work crew Tool Box Talk (TBT) meeting and/or able to independently lead TBT and Safety meetings.
- Works HS&E issues to completion with accuracy. Seeks to understand and meet the demands of TJ’s HS&E program as well as various stakeholders.
- Acquires basic knowledge of site safety program, emergency response, personal protective equipment.
- Work closely with supervision on identifying and managing risk.
- Assist supervisors and managers in competency verification and evaluation.
- Leads and assists in incident investigations and finalizes reporting.
- Recommends measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Conduct safety training and education programs
- Provide new-employee health and safety orientations
- Monitor worksite behaviors and conditions utilizing, behavioral based safety systems and focused inspection strategies.
- Ensure the presence and function of required emergency and safety equipment
- Preform reviews and inspections of the job sites to ensure compliance with OH&S
- Complete client and corporate performance reporting.
- Assemble data reports for weekly tracking, site training matrix, first aid and injury log
Preference will be given to individuals with the following:
Experience and Education Requirements:
- National Certified Safety Officer (NCSO) Certification
- Occupational Health and Safety Certification
- 3 years field safety experience in earthworks, road building or civil construction environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong knowledge of OH&S Regulations as applicable for location of responsibility.
- Practical/site construction knowledge, skills and work experience.
CSTS, Standard First Aid, H2S Alive
- Travelling for extended periods of time and/or working away from home. This is a requirement of the role.
- This is a site based rotational role, with camp provided.