Recognized as one of Fort McMurray’s premier contractors, TJ’s Oilfield Contracting Limited is a full-service construction and procurement (CP) company serving Western Canada’s oil sands and conventional oil and gas producers for nearly 13 years. Our continued growth comes from an experienced team of professionals who have an absolute commitment to providing our clients with exceptional service. We specialize in thermal heavy oil (SAGD, CSS), enhanced site servicing/mulching logging, earthworks, and sustaining capital projects. We have earned our reputation as a trusted leader in on-site projects, working on some of the most successful in-situ heavy oil projects in the oil sands.
TJ’s Oilfield Contracting Limited is seeking to immediately hire an experienced SCOUT – PIPELINE CLEARING, LOGGING & MULCHING PROJECT for a short-term project site for Pipeline Clearing - Logging & Mulching located in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta. The envisaged duration of this project is approx. 3 months. Previous experience of 3-5 years as a Scout – Pipeline Clearing, Logging & Mulching projects is required.
Job Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Must be fully conversant with identification of Hazards, Falging and Boundary Crossings to identify scope of work on line.
- Conduct pre-job reconnaissance of the project sites and accordingly advise the Logging & Mulching teams on the site conditions to undertake work and pro-active HSE measures accordingly.
- Coordinate with the Project Supervisor and Field HSE Advisor on mobilization plans for crews to the project sites based on ground conditions and identified HSE hazards.
- Brief daily work crew in Tool Box Talk (TBT) meeting s and/or able to independently lead meetings.
- Works HS&E issues to completion with accuracy. Seeks to understand and meet the demands of TJ’s HS&E program as well as various stakeholders.
- Possess basic knowledge of site safety program, emergency response, personal protective equipment.
- Work closely with supervision on identifying and managing risk.
- Recommends measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods , processes, or materials.
- Preform pre-entry reviews and inspections of the job sites to ensure compliance with OH&S
- Complete client and corporate performance reporting.
- Assemble data reports for weekly tracking.
Preference will be given to individuals with the following:
Experience and Education Requirements:
- High School Graduate with certification in mapping .
- 3-5 years in a Scout – Pipeline Clearing, Logging & Mulching projects is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong knowledge of Scouting requirements for Pipeline Clearing, Logging & Mulching projects.
- Practical scouting experience in Pipeline Clearing, Logging & Mulching projects.
Locals residents of Fort Saskatchewan/Edmonton would be preferred,
Work rotation is 24 days ON and 4 days OFF.
MUST HAVE the following to be considered for this position (please note that those applicants who are not in possession of the following valid tickets, will not be considered):
COPIES OF THE FOLLOWING TO BE SUBMITTED ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION/RESUME:
1. Valid Driver’s Licence (Minimum Class 5).
2. CSTS and PCST (Pipeline Construction Safety Training) can be obtained on-line through Alberta Construction Safety Association website.
3. Valid H2S Alive by Enform (H2S Awareness is not acceptable).
4. First Aid Standard Course (of two days duration) or higher.
5. WHMIS. WHMIS Training can be provided by the company during Orientation.
6. TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods). TDG Training can be provided by the company during Orientation.
7. Ground Disturbance Level II (Classroom training only by Global Training Centre, Learn Rite Courses Inc., Astec Safety Inc. or Alberta Construction Safety Association, please note that On-line course of Ground Disturbance Level II is not acceptable).
UPON SELECTION THE FOLLOWING ARE TO BE SUBMITTED:
8. Five (5) panel Drug & Alcohol Test Result (must be urine based and completed within one week prior to hiring date) at the applicant's cost.
9. A clean Driver’s Abstract (obtained within one week prior to hiring date) at the applicant's cost.
Please submit your Resume ASAP and write Field HSE Advisor in the subject line.
Apply through the Indeed.ca website.
TJ's Oilfield Contracting Limited, Bay 1-A, 235 MacKay Crescent, Fort McMurray, Alberta, T9H 4T5. Tel.780-790-9573 Ext. 244 & 225.