Recognized as one of Fort McMurray’s premier contractors, T.J.’s Oilfield Contracting Limited is a full-service construction and procurement (CP) company serving Western Canada’s oil sands and conventional oil and gas producers for over 14 years. Our continued growth comes from an experienced team of professionals who have an absolute commitment to providing our clients with exceptional service. We specialize in thermal heavy oil (SAGD, CSS), enhanced site servicing/mulching logging, earthworks, and sustaining capital projects. We have earned our reputation as a trusted leader in on-site projects, working on some of the most successful in-situ heavy oil projects in the oil sands.
T.J.’s Oilfield Contracting Limited is seeking to hire an experienced Junior Accountant to be based at its Head Office in Fort McMurray, Alberta. Attractive and competitive compensation package would be offered commensurate to qualifications and experience.
Key Responsibilities: (including but not limited to)
Reporting to the Financial Controller you will assist and learn:
- All day to day accounting functions including efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payables and receivables in an accurate manner.
- Prepare and process accounts payable cheques, posting invoices, and assist with regular vendor reconciliations.
- Assist with the account reconciliation of payments, prepare analysis and monitoring of accounts, resolve invoice discrepancies, produce weekly and monthly reports, and assist the Financial Controller with any related tasks.
- Assist with the preparation of cash flows and budgets.
- Provide accounting support to the Financial Controller, Owners, as well as the Civil Manager, and Field Supervisors and staff.
- Assist with project set ups, project billings, and project close outs, including job audits.
- Assist with data testing in the EPR system.
- Provide backup for other departments such as payroll and HR.
- An accounting diploma is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Nav would be an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- The ability to work in a multitasking environment where time management skills are essential. Must be organized, flexible and have strong attention to detail. Excellent working knowledge of computers with good trouble shooting abilities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- A solution-oriented individual with the ability to thrive in an autonomous environment, take ownership and escalate issues and concerns when necessary.
- Effective written and verbal communications.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply for this job only in the manner specified below:
Through the Indeed website
TJ’s Oilfield Contracting Limited, Bay 1-A, 235 MacKay Crescent, Fort McMurray, Alberta, T9H 4T5.