HUMAN RESOURCES REPRESENTATIVE
Recognized as one of Fort McMurray’s premier contractors, TJ’s Oilfield Contracting Limited is a full-service construction and procurement (CP) company serving Western Canada’s oil sands and conventional oil and gas producers for nearly 14 years. Our continued growth comes from an experienced team of professionals who have an absolute commitment to providing our clients with exceptional service. We specialize in thermal heavy oil (SAGD, CSS), enhanced site servicing/mulching logging, earthworks, and sustaining capital projects. We have earned our reputation as a trusted leader in on-site projects, working on some of the most successful heavy oil projects in the oil sands.
TJ’s Oilfield Contracting Limited is seeking to urgently hire an experienced Human Resources Representative to be based at its Head Office in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
This position directly reports to the President of the company.
1) Administer recruitment, compensation, benefits and performance management programs.
2) Identify workforce requirements in coordination with the project supervisors/superintendents & managers, recruit vacancies, interview and select applicants.
3) Allocate human resources, ensuring appropriate matches between personnel in context to vacancies.
4) Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits, including on-boarding of new hires.
5) Address difficult staffing issues, including refereeing disputes and administering disciplinary procedures.
6) Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as recruitment transparency, equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, performance management and recommend needed changes.
7) Develop HR Policies and Procedures. Ensure maintenance of employee records.
8) Analyze and recommend compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
9) Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
10) Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and assist in resolution of work-related problems and issues.
11) Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
12) Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization's personnel policies and practices.
13) Plan, organize, coordinate the personnel, training, or employee relations activities of the organization.
14) Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee exits.
15) Investigate and report on disciplinary issues.
16) Prepare workforce forecast in coordination with the project management to determine employment requirements.
17) Oversee the evaluation, classification and rating of occupations and job positions.
18) Perform any other HR related tasks as assigned by the management.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum of 5 year experience as a Human Resources Representative, preferably within the oil & gas sector and/or civil construction company. Prior experience in Fort McMurray would be preferred.
Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation would be preferred.
Bachelor degree in Human Resources Management would be preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
Prior experience in Microsoft NAV is not required but considered an asset.
SAFETY TICKETS REQUIRED:
Valid Driving License (minimum Class 5)
CSTS (On-line course from Alberta Construction Safety Association).
Standard First Aid Course.
Once the candidate has been finalized for hiring into a position, then the following are required:
Current five panel Alcohol & Drug Test Result, must be urine based and completed within one week prior to hiring date at the cost of the applicant.
A clean Driver’s Abstract (obtained within one week prior to hiring date) at the cost of the applicant.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply for this job only in the manner specified below. Please indicate the job title Human Resources Representative in the subject line.
hr @ tjsoilfield . com
TJ’s Oilfield Contracting Limited, Bay 1-A, 235 MacKay Crescent, Fort McMurray, Alberta, T9H 4T5.