JOIN OUR YOUNG AND DYNAMIC TEAM TODAY:
Looking to work in the entertainment industry one day? Well do we have the opportunity for you! THIS IS TALENT is currently recruiting young and energetic individuals who can commit to flexible hours for a period of 6 consecutive months.
Note: Our internship programs are open year-round.
THIS IS TALENT offers students the opportunity to obtain on-the-job training with a top-level talent agency. Interns will report directly to the executive producers and complete various assignments that deal mainly in sales, marketing, production, design, administration, client care, logistics and coordination.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the selection, sourcing and securing of various production services
- Develop strategies that will attract new talent to audition in three separate markets: Montreal, Ottawa & Toronto
- Planning and coordination of auditions, rehearsals and shows in three separate markets: Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
- Social Media management, as well as developing and moderating new content across our community platforms (blogs, forums, etc.)
- Researching and proposing new techniques for improved fan engagement, both online and off
- Research and evaluate digital landscape for current and relevant trends and emerging talent
- Tackle various administrative duties
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills and possess a deep understanding of youth culture, pop culture, music, film, TV, social media, art, and fashion.
- Quick learner, excellent time-management skills, ability to multitask, self-starter and ability to take initiative
- Familiarity with Photoshop is a plus.
- Access to a personal cell phone and computer
- Fluent in English written and spoken (French at an introductory level)
- Various administrative duties
- Candidate may be required to sacrifice some evenings and weekends from time to time
- Occasional light traveling within Canada may be required, with all expenses covered by company
- Candidate will meet with administration once a week to collect and review their assignments
- All tasks can predominantly be completed from home
Now entering our fourth season, the “THIS IS TALENT” program is committed to discovering an emerging generation of artists and providing them with opportunities to develop their skills, receive live-performance experience and connect with new audiences.
This season will feature the launch of a 3-city tour, opening in Montreal on October 26th, 2013 (Virgin Mobile Corona Theatre), Ottawa on November 30th, 2013 (venue TBD) and ending in Toronto on February 15th, 2014 (Danforth Music Hall).
The competition is open to any and all music-related talent under the age of 19; singers, rappers, musicians, bands, dancers, dance troups, disc jockeys and more!
Following two rounds of auditions, the top 25 acts are selected to perform in front of friends, family and professional talent scouts, but not before undergoing 3-weeks of intense mentorship workshops run by a team of renowned music mentors, choreographers, vocal coaches and stylists - all experts in their respective domains and there to lend support and reassure each contestant in their ability to achieve successful results.
We play a significant role in the development and discovery of new Canadian talent, offering a positive environment that develops abilities, strengthens character and promotes appreciation for the arts.
This internship program is non-paid.
There are no guarantees for full time employment following completion of internship program.
Following completion of successful internship program (minimum 6 months), intern will be eligible to receive a referral letter that can be used to attract other opportunities in related industries down the line.