THINaddictives Inc. is a cookie manufacturer located in Saint-Laurent and we are growing. We are currently looking for an Evening Supervisor to join our team. The position is responsible for supervising food production employees in a manufacturing environment to ensure security, safety, product specifications, quality assurance of products, sanitation, HACCP, and Food regulations are followed and are responsible for Labor and Material cost controls.
- Plan and lead the activities of production processes and personnel in night/day rotating shifts during the manufacturing of products.
- Direct production operations in accordance with established priorities and sequences for manufacturing products using knowledge of production processes and methods, machine and equipment capabilities and management of personnel.
- Advise plant managers about production issues and offer suggestions for changes in working conditions, production procedures, and the use of equipment and personnel.
- Meet or exceed goals established for safety, labor efficiencies, schedule attainment, scrap, rework, and any other production related goals.
- Train new employees in the manufacturing operation as needed; provide on-going staff training on revised manufacturing procedures such as production sheets, SOPS, new machinery/equipment etc.
- Ensure compliance with company safe operating policies and procedures.
- Monitors the performance of all personnel and activities under their supervision on a regular basis to ensure optimum performance and provides counselling and/or corrective action to associates not meeting expectations.
- Using sound technical judgement ensures all production equipment/processes are operating at optimum rates and in accordance with SOPs.
- Reports all equipment and building deficiencies to Maintenance Manager and recommends replacements or overhauls as necessary.
- Analyzes and resolves work issues and assists workers in solving work problems.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Ensure that quality and food safety checks are carried out. Correct or monitor and report out-of-spec findings.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a supervisory/team leader capacity with demonstrated leadership skills including mentoring/coaching of personnel.
- Experience in high volume food manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Relevant lean manufacturing experience
- Strong communicator, both written and oral, who is confident, decisive, able to deal with conflict and yet achieves win-win results.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot various equipment operations to minimize downtime and put forward corrective actions.
- Experienced in computer and other production related software applications.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP required. Knowledge of BRC a plus.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
Please forward your resume by email or fax: 514 331 1622. Unfortunately, due to a high volume of applications expected only those with the above experience will be contacted.
Indeed - 21 months ago